It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Hospital officials: Kansas City patient at risk for Ebola

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

There's that phrase yet again "the patient is at low to moderate risk of Ebola". I wonder if we will hear something soon on this one?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

There's that phrase yet again "the patient is at low to moderate risk of Ebola". I wonder if we will hear something soon on this one?

I've always heard 'low risk' or 'highly unlikely'. But I've not heard 'low to moderate'. That sounds worse!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rustydog

I do understand their reasoning for not shutting things down to a limit. But given the public outcry and the media surge creating more awareness of every little thing, their inaction has led many to believe it's avoidence, incompetence and utter disregard, as you stated.
Nobody on top wants to touch it, political assassination by the big companies lobbyists at risk. God forbid the airline industry takes a loss, they make it seem like the entire financial system will collapse if it does. Quite honestly I'm sick of hearing it.
I personnaly am more afraid of other diseases, I did a thread on it today. If the amount of Ebola threads on this site is any indication how the major populace feels then they need to come out and make a statement of reassurance or shut down the air travel from Africa. I don't even know why at the least a base can't be set up in Africa specifically for screening those that need to travel from there right now. Hold them, then let them go.
The amount of inaction has left me wondering about the future of this government. They seem to be more worried about what affects the stock market then what affects it's citizens anymore. I'm frustrated and disheartened by this and the many other situations happening to the point of insanity.
edit on 10/13/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well, the news showed off what they are wearing for their infectious disease controls at the hospital. My husband thinks he sees what the "breach of protocol" is if they are wearing the same thing in Dallas that they are wearing at KU Med.

1.) It's the head gear. They are wearing a face mask with the plastic face/head shield over it. There is no full head containment to it. So, if the patient is projectile vomiting say, as Ebola patients sometimes do, it would be very possible for something to get around the sides of the plastic shield or drip around under the foam stop guard across the forehead. You could be especially vulnerable if you turn your head just for a split second.

2.) The gloves, booties, and smocks while all effective covers are also a PITA to get off properly, but they aren't going to expose you if you wear them properly and remove them properly.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

This is the kind of news people needs to hear, when people are taking responsibility for their own safety and others.

This is how contagion control is supposed to work. Keeping cases isolated as soon as they are suspected.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Any updates to this potential Ebola case yet?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lspilot6946
Just announced on FOX, that initial tests prove NEGATIVE for Ebola. (thank God).
More tests remain to be done to confirm these results.
fox4kc.com...

edit on 14-10-2014 by IAMTAT because: link added

top topics

<< 1   >>

join