It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korean leader Kim Jong-un makes first public appearance in about 40 days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

SEOUL, Oct. 14 (Yonhap) -- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has made his first public appearance in more than a month, giving a "field guidance" at a newly built housing complex, according to Pyongyang's state media.

The visit to the Wisong Scientists Residential District marked the first time Kim has appeared in public since he attended a musical concert on Sept. 3.

N. Korean leader Kim Jong-un makes first public appearance in about 40 days

People were worried the young North Korean dictator had fled, or vanished into a deep underground military base, or was kidnapped by ETs.

He seems to be OK, recovering from a sprained leg. He can go back to drinking, feasting, and schlepping now.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Someone beat you by a few seconds:

Kim Returns

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nicorette

OR...it took this long to find a look alike and have a little plastic surgery!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Nice photos...O, wait...
2 line.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Where's Kim?

With apologies to Waldo. Maybe his train was late...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Clone failed,sloppy work guys.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I remember reasoning this situation to myself, and in a couple of posts I offered my conclusions, which were that a coup could not succeed in Pyongyang, the only city where such could even be attempted with any hope of success, due to Un's god-like status among the North Korean people. They're taught this from birth, and to think that any official in NK could garner enough support to overthrow the leader seemed far-fetched to me. I also mentioned that the best way they could achieve such aims would be to assassinate Un, while making it look like a natural or accidental death, so as not to sow unrest in the country, which would be ripe for revolution or disarray if the only god-like figure died without any successor. To my knowledge there is no successor with such status among the North Korean population. The supposed source for the coup seemed somewhat reliable, if his former position was true, and there still might be "something" going on, even if it is not a coup itself. I only believe this if that man was telling the truth, and is who he says he was. Perhaps he was just misguided or misinformed as to what exactly was going on, although it might be that Un was just bedridden due to his ankle...This could have started rumors, and everyone knows how that works. So we end up with the statement that Un is dead, when it is not true.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Nicorette

Obviously the dude was away for a big dump! He is not exactly skinny maybe they had to import some extra bog roll.
LoL
edit on 14-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

i was thinking more along the lines of old footage that was not used on tv. This has been done in the past.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

i was thinking more along the lines of old footage that was not used on tv. This has been done in the past.

True but a look alike he could go on "ruling" forever and no one the wiser because who would have the courage to try and find out.

edit on 14-10-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Questions that are still raised today over whether or not Hitler was actually the person dead in the bunker.

With that said North Korea is unlike any other nation on the planet when it comes to the ruling dynasty. The brain washing committed on the N. Korean people with regards to the family ruling them is insane.

Not having one of their leaders die by natural causes would throw the entire society into disarray and would shatter the image of the north Korean government.

As an example look what occurred when North Korean did not cry enough at the dear leaders funeral.
edit on 14-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I had really hoped they bumped him off

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Reminds you a lot of Orwell's 1984 and Big Brother. The guy that actually was Big Brother either never existed, was dead or never showed his face.

If they wanted to portray the Kim family as being in power, even after a coup, they easily could with the same tactics as the Party in Oceania.
edit on 10/14/2014 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
He went to get a haircut, and it was so bad he had to stay out of the public eye until it grew back in.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I was hoping this human cesspool had died.. What a disappointment.

top topics

join