It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist Cornel West arrested at Ferguson protests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
They need to protest this.

Normandy School

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
As we all know, the MSM will only show you what they want to show you.

I have been following the Mike Brown/Ferguson issue since it happened in August. There was about a few nights of riots, but that was it. The people of Ferguson have been PEACEFULLY (let me say it again) PEACEFULLY protesting the fact that Ferguson Police Officer, Darren Wilson be arrested for murder of 18 year old Mike Brown. Justice has yet to be served. There have been some arrests that have been deserved, but these people, have gone through Hell. PEACEFUL protesters have been shot at with rubber bullets, tear gassed, beaten and arrested. ALL OF THIS FOR EXERCISING THEIR RIGHTS, THE FIRST AMENDMENT. I am sorry, but this is wrong. While the country worries about ISIS, Ebola, the Kardashin's, People in Ferguson just want justice. These protesters are going up against Cops who look like they should be on the front lines of Iraq, while they PEACEFULLY protest.

I hope justice is served, I pray that it is, not just in honor of Mike Brown and all other African American kids who have been wrongfully shot and killed by police but because it will erupt, possibly the beginning of a second civil war. Once again about race. We are at a time in history where we should be treating people equally, because WE ARE ALL EQUAL! No matter your skin color, gender and whatnot. I pray that this ends with justice. Everyone should be held accountable for what they do.

HANDS UP, DON'T SHOOT

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This man is well spoken, educated and gets his point accross to multiple generations. I keep some of his quotes up for inspiration.

I hope he hangs this arrest up with pride!!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: solemind4

Have you looked at what I linked? This is the same school district that Michael Brown attended. I would not be surprised that, IF you fixed these school systems and stopped the bullying that occurs within those school walls; then these situations where the Michael Browns of the world get shot would not occur.. Fix the problem and not the symptom. Get the school systems back on track.

edit on 13-10-2014 by feldercarb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
This man is well spoken, educated and gets his point accross to multiple generations. I keep some of his quotes up for inspiration.

I hope he hangs this arrest up with pride!!

He has been arrested multiple times standing up for civil rights, with occupy and protesting "stop and frisk" he seems to be a great man and I'm becoming a fan of his.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire
I was introduced to his work in a philosophy class.

I appreciate when people put more than their name to a cause. He's not throwing money at it. He's giving his time, which is more valuable.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join