It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Russians were brave.... In space and beat the Americans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978...
There was no commercial value of getting to the moon, unless they were to colonise and start mining it. So it was plain to see that the USA just wanted to save face and smash that fear right back onto the USSR.

And you're sorry it turned out that way? Were you hoping for all of Europe to wind up like East Germany?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Ha ha, no I am not sorry it turned out that way, I was merely pointing out that it was in the days of the Cold War and they were trading blow for blow.

How on earth you came to that conclusion from what I wrote, I don't know.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Ha ha, no I am not sorry it turned out that way, I was merely pointing out that it was in the days of the Cold War and they were trading blow for blow.

Mea culpa, I've heard that whiney tone of 'moral equivalence' all my life and over-reacted. Glad to see I was wrong.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Mea culpa, I've heard that whiney tone of 'moral equivalence' all my life and over-reacted. Glad to see I was wrong.

I guess it's all in the tone and that's where written words on a forum can be misconstrued.

If you had read my other posts, which I am assuming you didn't, I have attempted to bring some balance to the O.P's thoughts.

Would I rather live in a Marxist world where people are equal, but some are more equal than others, then no. I appreciate the freedoms I had during this Cold War period, compared to people living under this regime. It's such a shame, we in the west, appear to be heading in that direction now.
edit on 14/10/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join