It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family identifies 26-year-old nurse who contracted Ebola at Dallas hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thoughts and prayers go out to this young lady, her family and her little dog.

DALLAS — The Texas nurse diagnosed with Ebola is “clinically stable,” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Dr. Thomas Frieden said at a press conference Monday.

Her family identified her as Nina Pham, 26. Jason Whitely, a reporter at WFAA-TV in Dallas, tweeted an image of her provided by her family.

Pham contracted Ebola while treated Thomas Eric Duncan, who died on Wednesday, Oct. 8, ten days after being admitted to the hospital.

Pham’s apartment has been “decontaminated” and her dog is being monitored for any signs of the deadly disease.

Ebola is only contracted through bodily fluids like sweat, saliva, blood, semen, feces and soiled clothing or bedding.

The CDC reports that more than 4,000 people have died in West Africa. Duncan, a native Liberian, is the first to die on American soil.

source

edit on 13-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Truly heartbreaking.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
She's just a kid...praying she lives.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I won't stop posting this as many times as it is necessary to get the point across.

The article makes it look like Ebola is hard to catch. We all know this nurse did not want to put her life in danger and so did her very best not to catch it.

Blaming her, as the government is trying to do
is so wrong in so many ways by saying she didn't follow protocol.

This just shows that as hard as the poor girl tried not to catch it,
Ebola is so EASY to catch
she caught it in spite of doing everything she could not to.

Read the following to learn: What does it take to be exposed to Ebola

The CDC says it is not airborne, because technically it is not, airborne in disease terms means the virus is small enough to travel more than a few feet in a sneeze or cough. The Ebola virus is large and falls within 3-4 feet of a sneeze and so is not technically airborne.

However, the cough and sneeze radius: would include anyone on the airplane to either side of the ill person also, the people behind and in front of the ill person. exposed

Anyone within a 3-4 foot radius - absolutely anywhere - if the sick person sneezes or coughs. exposed, as they walk past you anywhere or sit anywhere within 3-4 feet of you.

Using the urinal , the guy who is ill standing next to you sneezes or coughs or splashes urine on you, even on your clothes if you touch your clothes later. exposed

In an elevator with you anywhere and sneezes or coughs, exposed.

Also, if the person who is ill gets any bodily fluid on their hands - including sweat: whatever they touch will carry the germ long enough (estimates between 8-15 hours)

that if someone who is ill and didn't just wash their hands after sneezing, coughing, using the restroom, touching their eyes or mouth, sweating and you touch it within 8 hours after they do:

for instance touches a restroom slide , exposed

touches anything and you touch it, exposed

touches a door handle or pushes a door open, exposed

all within 8-15 hours after the ill person touches it, exposed

It has been proven that the virus remains live in semen for up to 90 days after the person "gets well". So anyone with any type of sexual contact, or masturbation secretions anywhere - exposed.

The CDC guy on Chris Matthews show
would not say that you could not catch it from
fever sweat that touches and arm rest or seat cushion, exposed

Think I am being a fear monger? Take a look at this.
Instructions for laboratory workers and health care workers:

SOURCES/SPECIMENS: Blood, serum, urine, respiratory and throat secretions, semen, and organs or their homogenates from human or animal hosts Footnote 1 Footnote 2 Footnote 53.
COMMUNICABILITY: Communicable as long as blood, body fluids or organs, contain the virus. Ebolavirus has been isolated from semen 61 to 82 days after the onset of illness, and transmission through semen has occurred 7 weeks after clinical recovery Footnote 1 Footnote 2 Footnote 59 Footnote 60.
Ebolavirus dried onto glass, polymeric silicone rubber, or painted aluminum alloy is able to survive in the dark for several hours under ambient conditions

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

Canadian Health Department and CDC statements:
The Canadian Health Department states that airborne transmission of Ebola is strongly suspected and the CDC admits that Ebola can be transmitted in situations where there is no physical contact between people, i.e.: via direct airborne inhalation into the lungs or into the eyes, or via contact with airborne fomites which adhere to nearby surfaces. That helps explain why 81 doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers have died in West Africa to date.

www.americanthinker.com...

A common cold requires 100 to 250 cold viruses or virions to be transmitted……. The Ebola virus requires 1 (one) Virion or virus particle for transmission…….

Observation: It appears the US CDC is purposely lying to the American public about Ebola.

If it is so hard to catch, then how did Docs in haz mat suits catch it in Africa? They certainly weren't touching patients.

This is far nastier stuff than the American public is being told, we need to close our borders to people from infected countries until the pandemic is over,

and to protect ourselves,

shut down everywhere infected people have been in the US until 21 days after the last patient has been found,

harsh, yes,

hurt the economy, probably,

but that is better than millions upon millions of deaths.

edit on 12Mon, 13 Oct 2014 12:31:25 -0500pm101310pmk131 by grandmakdw because: addition

edit on Mon Oct 13 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote, EX TAGS IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

There has got to be a massive protest. These idiots are screwing up,, looking scared as hell themselves telling us they are/we can be confident they are and will protect us.

I'm in Texas. I don't have the time to form a protest, but would join it on the weekend. Anyone willing to organize it, contact me pm.

I'm just spitting nails mad. She's so young.
edit on 10/13/1414 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
She was sent in there unprepared.

I pray she lives.

Did she have a full hazmat suit on or one of those paper suits ?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Shouldnt there be some criminal negligence involved here?

Shouldnt the CDC be brought up on charges for sending people in there without the proper gear to handle a biological hazard 4?

Shouldnt they be charged with SOMETHING for not having these hospital and people properly briefed and equipped after finding out that the hazard was with out a doubt there?

Shouldnt the same be charged against them for the cleaning of the vomit , the failure of the quarantine allowing these people to wonder around and the negligence involved in cleaning that school W OUT the right personnel for this level of bio-hazard?

Its time to start prosecuting.......

The people and families of victims of this deserve better, including Duncans and anyone else that might come down the pike due to their WILLFUL NEGLIGENCE!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

From the reports I have heard, gloves, face mask and protective gown. Correct me if someone out there has heard differently.

What about shoe coverings? Seems to me some very nasty things could be picked up on your shoes and taken who knows where.

edit on 13-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Ebola doesn't play fair.

Source

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I hope she recovers and gets well enough to sue the pants off of everyone who told her she was safe.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just the normal level of incompetence of our Hard Working Government Workers (So poorly paid and Hardly any Benefits). They should all be canned, they are the sharp end of our Crony/Friends and Family have The Well Paid Jobs System.

As for this Poor Girl, I hope she gets well, she has All of Our Prayers I Hope and her little dog is A Real Cutie. Peace All
Arjunanda a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Ebola doesn't play fair.

Source

No offense, but why? because shes "pretty"? im sorry but because shes young and cute doesnt make this any worse then if it were my 60 yr old mother......

I feel worse because she was trying to save this mans life and the CDC and the Hospital failed to inform and equip these caregivers like they should have......

Accidents happen, but they are greatly reduced when they are done the RIGHT way......

They need to be held responsible

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

The information you posted cant be posted enough.

Thanks for posting it on this thread

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, at least that freaky CDC Friedan came out and clarified his statements about her.

It was so wrong to paint her as incompetent or irresponsible somehow with his statements about "protocol", especially when the CDC has acted more like Keystone Cops in their response to Ebola in the U.S.

Good luck and Blessings to her!
edit on 10/13/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I know,her picture makes me think so much of my 17 yo daughter,this is like a hammerblow to my heart.She became a nurse to help and to heal,and to alleviate suffering,and now her own life is in dire jeopardy.This is heartbreaking,and I hope with all my heart and soul that she recovers.a reply to: kimmie7

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
She's going to make it

And I'll post there again here too, especially the second paragraph...

CDC head criticized for blaming 'protocol breach' as nurse gets Ebola

Some experts also question the CDC’s assertion that any U.S. hospital should be prepared to treat an Ebola patient as the outbreak ravaging West Africa begins to spread globally. Given the level of training required to do the job safely, U.S. health authorities should consider designating a hospital in each region as the go-to facility for Ebola, they said.

"You don't scapegoat and blame when you have a disease outbreak," said Bonnie Castillo, a registered nurse and a disaster relief expert at National Nurses United, which serves as both a union and a professional association for U.S. nurses. "We have a system failure. That is what we have to correct."

edit on 10/13/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I wasn't aware the government was trying to blame her.

A breach in protocol is a breach in protocol. Did they say SHE broke it? If not, it could have been broken in any number of ways.

As you point out, this is a messy disease with a very, very small margin for error to those dealing with it. Any break in protocol can be the cause of anyone dealing with it getting sick. She could have done everything right, but someone else might have missed the tiniest detail and it caught her. No one might have missed anything, but as Duncan suffered from projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea, the protocols aren't going to be easy to follow perfectly without missing the tiniest drop accidentally.

Unless someone specifically said, "The nurse's breach in protocol." SHE isn't being blamed. They CDC is just stating a fact. Somewhere, at some point, protocol was breached in some way.

Honestly, the CDC needs to get a better spokesman. Tommy-boy is lousy at talking to the press. What he said is technically correct, but very poor PR in every single way. My husband understood it instantly, but my husband is also smart enough to understand how bad it sounds to anyone who doesn't work in a lab.

edit on 13-10-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

What a lovely young woman, completely innocent, a healthcare professional doing her job. For the Director of the CDC to be attacking her when they were given no training and no equipment is disgusting. It is time for "Dr." Frauden to step down.

Thank goodness her sweet dog won't be euthanized the way they killed the Spanish nurse's dog.

I don't believe in partisan politics but they can be used to advantage in service of truth. Dr. Frauden is an Obama appointee, so time to push the Republicans to put this calm-mongering fraud doctor in a Congressional hearing and DEMAND air traffic bans, airport screenings, and redirection of money given to criminal Wall Street banks back to the healthcare system.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I completely agree with you. How young and appearance certainly don't make it worse. My comment was just (I know you weren't replying to me directly) my parting thought. Many, much younger have suffered and died from ebola.

I was just thinking yesterday these people in charge need to face at least manslaughter charges if any one contracting ebola in this country dies from their misguidance and failing to provide the highest level of protection.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
My heart goes out to her and her parents for having to deal with this scary, scary disease. I really hope she makes it. No parent wants to outlive their children.

Why is CNN not releasing her name? Everyone already knows. At least everyone here on ATS and in the DFW area.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join