It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X 37 B returns to earth....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
It's testing new technologies for the USAF. It's cheaper to send up an unmanned vehicle that is maneuverable than keep a crew in orbit for over 22 months.

What the military say is, "The military has said the vehicles, built by Boeing, are designed to test technologies, though details of the missions are classified." USAF is not mentioned specifically. That's probably where the press take the cues for speculating on it being a multi-purpose CIA or some other alphabet crowd craft that [could] do nasty stuff as well as anything possibly beneficial..say like making perfect ball bearings, (it contains an 'experiments bay')

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Think you could get to say.... Mars ...and back ,...in about 22 months?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Maybe it's just an expensive and elaborate deterrent that doesn't do anything but get launched, orbit, and land.

I doubt it. But... if a guy makes his fingers look like a gun inside his coat pocket and demands my money, I'll probably just give him my money.

I'm sure it serves some purpose. That purpose could be entirely scientific but, even if it is, why not shroud it in secrecy and let other nations wonder? Two birds, one spaceship...or something like that.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Maybe, but this craft isn't going there, it's regularly tracked by amatuer astronomers.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: B2StealthBomber
a reply to: stirling

Maybe, but this craft isn't going there, it's regularly tracked by amatuer astronomers.

He'll just say we're part of the conspiracy, paid off, or lying, whatever.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Really?Where do they track it to?
I mean, does it visit other satelites or what?
Whats its flight path?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I want one of those. Really though, how much spying can you do from a camera in orbit? I wouldn't call that spying, if that were spying then all Google Earth users could be classified as spies. Prolly has some neat gadgets and other classified doo-hickeys. Collecting all that data.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Florida isn't ready for it yet. It's easy enough to transport though. Slap it in one of the modified C-5s.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

There is a lot of systems testing occurring but the primary mission is developing new technologies.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
LEO offers several advantages as an environment for manufacturing new technologies.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The X37B is testing some new tech for another project the air force is doing. Helping a beautiful ladybird get ready for her debut. Doing some other stuff up there too that will ultimately be a great help to civilians, astronomers, satellites (civilian and military) etc... Also the same tests will probably become a new civilian industry in a few years down the road. So don't worry man it's all good what she's doing up there. You'll probably be able to benefit from it too once it hits the civilian sector. She's not up to anything sinister.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Lol what do you mean by that?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It's not a recon mission, or a weapon in any tangible sense.

What I know, for a fact, is that the internal timer aboard the X-37B reads considerably less than 22 months.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join