It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X 37 B returns to earth....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
22 Months this time......what the hell are they doing with that thing up there?
www.cbc.ca...

This is the third long mission they have kept that thing in space.....are they watching for aliens or spying on us or both?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

They are observing almost everything and everyone. Weather, Land/Ocean Surveying, Regional Conflict/Hot Spots...and that's only looking at Earth.

edit on 13-10-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscov
Kind of creepy, having that thing hanging over our heads not knowing what they are doing with it,,,,could be planting orbital H bombs or looking through your bedroom window.....

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
looking through my bedroom? Well I guess it is time to start having nightly naked dance sessions..... they will stop looking in my room.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't think so....they get off on that #.....

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
a reply to: Boscov
Kind of creepy, having that thing hanging over our heads not knowing what they are doing with it,,,,could be planting orbital H bombs or looking through your bedroom window.....

They've had spy satellites overhead for a lot longer than the X-37 has been around. The only difference with this one is that it can maneuver much more often and when it needs refueling it just comes home to be refueled and reprocessed with a new payload.

By the way, the thread title is a little misleading. It hasn't landed yet, it's slated to land as early as tomorrow. Interesting that they're landing it in California again. They've been looking at using the old shuttle landing facility here in Florida. Boeing has already started leasing one of the old shuttle processing facilities for the X-37. It's already got a sign on it and everything that says "home of the X-37B." I've got pictures of it, I'll have to find and upload one.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

From orbit you don't need H bombs, a big metal rod will do the trick.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The simple fact that it 's mission was not disclosed to the public means it is up to no good and for 22 months ,maybe it was watching something in space that john q public is not being informed about ties in with what people are saying about the data that is going missing from space observation sites on the net .

Just a thought

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
The simple fact that it 's mission was not disclosed to the public means it is up to no good and for 22 months ,maybe it was watching something in space that john q public is not being informed about ties in with what people are saying about the data that is going missing from space observation sites on the net .

Just a thought

Agreed, Russia has already voiced an opinion about the Phobos Grunt failure, amateur's are already tracking the space plane using the Space fence, and it has been near Chinese satellites, and the Space Fence itself is thought by some, to be part of the X 37 B'S strategy. Thing is, with something like the X 37 B very low tech can knock out a satellite with no one the wiser as to who dun it!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Just a thought

What data has gone missing...? Or what type of data...... I guess if we knew what data had gone missing then it wouldn't be missing...?

Big asteroid perhaps...?

PDUK

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I do not buy we are testing systems and for 22 months , normally this x37b would be paraded for the world to see and how it can stay aloft for so long when they cannot find a missing plane on earth is puzzling outside of c/t boards nothing is being said about the x 37 b and how many tune into NASA sites .

They are either going after China/Russia and are hoping to catch them out or the people that are noticing that data is missing are on to something , either way we are mushrooms in a stew

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

i will see if i can find it Purpledog but it did catch my attention , that these sites were going down all the time

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Found a couple from my own trip down there in August. I was somewhat surprised it was even labeled and not just an unmarked building.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's testing new technologies for the USAF. It's cheaper to send up an unmanned vehicle that is maneuverable than keep a crew in orbit for over 22 months.

If civilians can track it, I doubt it's doing anything nefarious to other orbiting satellites. It would be to obvious it was interfering with them, even if it did via wireless.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CalibratedZeus

Found a couple from my own trip down there in August. I was somewhat surprised it was even labeled and not just an unmarked building.

Beat me to it, nice pics. I see you took the bus tour. Yup, you get to drive right by the thing. Actually secret satellites are processed all the time in places you wouldn't expect, not even on air force property. Astrotech in neighboring Titusville will sometimes process them. It's surrounded by a fence and gate, but it's just sitting in the middle of civilian-ville, miles away from the Cape (they describe themselves as being "just outside the gate" but that's a laugh - you have to cross a river to get to the cape from where they are). Oh, and they're right next to Knights Armament - they manufacture military assault rifles. It's also surrounded by a gate, but it's just funny to think that if someone could defeat those gates at night they could first load themselves up on military hardware and then practically walk across the street to where military satellites are kept prior to launch.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

a reply to: PurpleDog UK

i will see if i can find it Purpledog but it did catch my attention , that these sites were going down all the time

What sites?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I did look around but could not find the data i was looking for but the gist of it was data was not showing up on certain space sites that were going of line all the time and this guy was pissed about it calling foul - and he seemed to know his stuff

if i come across it i will pm you

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK

Just a thought

What data has gone missing...? Or what type of data...... I guess if we knew what data had gone missing then it wouldn't be missing...?

Big asteroid perhaps...?

PDUK

Hercolubus inbound.

Hercolubus.tv

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I did look around but could not find the data i was looking for but the gist of it was data was not showing up on certain space sites that were going of line all the time and this guy was pissed about it calling foul - and he seemed to know his stuff

if i come across it i will pm you

So in other words, a youtube video, probably by someone who doesn't understand the STEREO satellites or SOHO satellite and thinks it's nefarious when there are data dropouts, even though those satellites aren't even anywhere close to low earth orbit where the X-37B is located. Am I getting warm?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Not
a youtube video if i come across the article i will pm but it did not say anything about the x37b in it just the missing data from those sites you mention and he did seem well versed on the subject but i did not look over it - still looking though

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join