It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Slips to 12th in Economic Freedom... But it gets worse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well, here is the report and some of the things ATS talks about as far as the economy/police state.. This is a world report on 152 countries..

In the year 2000 the USA was ranked 2d..... Now the United Kingdom and the USA are neck and neck @ number 12.. The article does speak about the rule of law which if you don't have it, equal for all, evenly decided, for everyone, then IMO, there really is no way but down.

America's descent down the ladder of economic freedom is unsettling, in itself. More troubling, however, is the chief factor behind the US decline. The biggest drop in US economic freedom has been in the country's legal structure. The report notes that, "increased use of eminent domain to transfer property to powerful political interests, the ramifications of the wars on terrorism and drugs, and the violation of the property rights of bondholders in the auto-bailout case have weakened the tradition of strong adherence to the rule of law in United States."

The rule of law has long been the foundation of America's economic prosperity and liberty. The US ranking in this area has plummeted to a terrible 36th place in the world. This, combined with increased regulation is stifling US economic growth. The report observes, "[t]o a large degree, the United States has experienced a significant move away from rule of law and toward a highly regulated, politicized, and heavily policed state."

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The article does speak about the rule of law which if you don't have it, equal for all, evenly decided, for everyone, then IMO, there really is no way but down.
a reply to: 727Sky

That needs to be repeated every day, all day.

Lurking just behind the US "justice system" we have the demonic union of the executive branch surveillance apparatus and corporate profit machines. It's corrupting science, law, ethics, morality and teaching people to be serfs.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Could be worse I suppose, we could be the worst. We won't hit that point for another ten years at the present progression I suppose.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Im surprised its neck and neck with the UK. Setting up my business here in the UK was piss easy when it came to regulations. From friends in some states the paperworks far worse. At least in my industry due to the mountain of anti Drug and and Anti terrorism laws.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
At least in my industry due to the mountain of anti Drug and and Anti terrorism laws.

RV meth lab?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

increased use of eminent domain

This is the direct, above board, in full public view approach. The way they got the bulk of my property was far dirtier than that. I saw another guy recently post a story rather similar to mine. I'll put up a thread when the dust clears, but that may be years from now.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

increased use of eminent domain

This is the direct, above board, in full public view approach. The way they got the bulk of my property was far dirtier than that. I saw another guy recently post a story rather similar to mine. I'll put up a thread when the dust clears, but that may be years from now.

That and going to buy a used car from an individual with the cash you just pulled out of the bank only to have some cop and county steal it from you.. And that is what it is regardless of what excuse they want to use.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I'm far from being the unquestioning patriot of my country, the US, (as my history here will attest) but I question the results of that study. I don't exactly reject the results, but to accept it, as some are quite willing to do, I would need to know the pedigree of each and every person that contributed to that report. I smell anti-Americanism about it with a strong hint of anti-Western colonialism subtexture. Tell me the names of those involved, their countries and their political positions and I can better do my own judging of the matter.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

here's the report...

linky...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well if usa is fighting for 12th place how many 3 rd world countries beat you currently?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You do know what is going to happen ?

US will start a world war 3, to try to fix itself somehow through war.

In the end US will lose anyway, and billions will die.

On the bright side, I think humanity will forever consider US elite as the examples of how fools and arrogance almost destroyed the world.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

By the time you accept the truth it will be too late. It's gonna be fun being Nazi Germany 2.0. The signs of the coming global war and the fascist American police state just keep piling up if you pay attention to things. Let's all just stay in denial and enjoy our YouTube videos and realty TV though. It'll probably work itself out right? I'm sure the corporations really care about us

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

My point with my first post was that everybody has an agenda and these days some of those agendas are not so vague. I'll repeat what I was saying, give me the names, and particulars of the people that signed on to that report and why they did it in the first place, and I'll be a little more conciliatory about their conclusions.

Being a conspiracy freak of the first order: "UFOs aren't real." the government and science says, "This drug is good for you," a pharm compay says. "If you like your doctor and your insurance you can keep them," has taught me a lesson in my many decades of life that anybody that wants to inform me of something usually has a reason that works in their favor.

I'll venture the guess that report came from people in the UN--the main body of which no longer looks upon the US favorable but always wants our money, and/or members of the EU that want company for their misery.

I'm done here.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Eh when reports reflect the spirit of reality I don't question. If you live in America it's quite obvious we're decaying. 2008 should have been a 2nd great depression that led to fixing our nation but they managed to forestall it by way of reverse Robin Hood.

The big one's coming. Our infrastructure is collapsing. Income inequality is 10 times what it was in the 70's (CEOs now make about 300 times the average worker compared to 30 times). Police brutality and militarization is at levels absolutely unheard of in our entire history. Our veterans are abandoned the second they get home. Isolationist and bigoted viewpoints are growing in force.

The most telling sign though is the children. If the children are our future then I guess America's future is crippling debt, total control by the state, and no hope at all of climbing the economic ladder.

Perhaps the study is false but it seems the same message is coming internally as well. Trust in the government and in each other is drying up.

This is all opinion of course but I think we all know that something's up. It's in the air. Can you taste it on the wind?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Interesting report.

Thanks for posting the info for us.

The rankings of other large economies in this year’s index are Japan (23rd), Germany (28th), South Korea (33rd), France (58th), Italy (79th), Mexico (91st), Russia (98th), Brazil (103rd), India (110th), and China (115th).

The rankings (and scores) of other large economies in this year’s index are the United Kingdom, 12th (7.85); Germany, 19th (7.68); Japan, 33rd (7.50); France, 40th (7.38); Italy, 83rd (6.85); Mexico, 94th (6.64); Russia, 101st (6.55); Brazil, 102nd (6.51); India, 111th (6.34); and China, 123rd (6.22).

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The Cato Institute was formed in 1974 by the Charles Koch Foundation.

Top 10
1 Hong Kong
2 Singapore
3 New Zealand
4 Switzerland
5 Mauritius
6 United Arab Emirates
7 Canada
8 Australia
9 Jordan
10 Chile and Finland

2012 USA ranked 18th And the report compares "Freedom" to "Entitlement" to determine the list.

Here is this index:
Economic Freedom of the World
edit on 13-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: crazyewok
At least in my industry due to the mountain of anti Drug and and Anti terrorism laws.

RV meth lab?

HAHA

No even thats illegal here.

top topics

join