It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kitty Werthmann: A Warning to Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I noticed that Kitty has been discussed a couple of times years ago here on ATS, but I didn't see her actual speech posted with any of the other two. So, here is Kitty Werthmann's warning to Americans with a video of her actual speech. I think hearing her speak rather than just reading her words adds to her sincerity and genuine concern about this issue. With that said, I don't think Obama is comparable to Hitler by any means, but I do find her message to be intriguing and a wake up call to the USA.

When Kitty Werthmann was a little girl in Austria, she witnessed firsthand Adolph Hitler's rise to power and the Soviet communist occupation that followed. She also witnessed, for decades, the distortions of the media when it came to the reporting of the events.

From her eyewitness perspective, Werthmann said that the whole thing didn't happen overnight, in a brutal attack, like the media portrays it, but rather, it evolved into a dictatorship gradually, over a period of a few years. Hitler didn't come across as someone evil, to be feared, initially. "In the beginning, Hitler didn't look like, or talk like a monster at all. He talked like an American politician."

Here are some things that occurred in Austria, according to Werthmann, that just might look familiar to Americans:
Hitler was elected with 98% of the vote.
Hitler destroyed the existing medical system when he brought a national healthcare plan into being.
First, people were forced to register their guns to cut down on crime.
Then they were forced to turn them in or risk capital punishment for keeping them.

Werthmann's eyewitness account is eerily reminiscent of what we can see going on in the United States today.

"In 1938, the media reported that Hitler rode into Austria with tanks and guns and took us over. Not true at all," she says. "The Austrian people elected Hitler by 98% of the vote by means of the ballot box. Now you might ask how could a Christian nation... elect a monster like Hitler. The truth is at the beginning Hitler didn't look like or talk like a monster at all. He talked like an American politician."

"We also had gun registration. All the Austrian people... had guns. But the government said, 'the guns are very dangerous. Children are playing with guns. Hunting accidents happen and we really have to have total controlled safety. And we had criminals again. And the only way that we can trace the criminal was by the serial number of the gun."

"So we dutifully went to the police station and we registered our guns. Not long after they said, 'No, it didn't help. The only way that we won't have accidents and crimes [is] you bring the guns to the police station and then we don't have any crimes anymore and any accidents. And if you don't do that: capital punishment."

"So that's what we did. So dictatorship didn't happen overnight. It took five years. Gradually, little by little to escalate up to a dictatorship."

"When the people fear the government, that's tyranny. But when the government fears the people... that's liberty. Keep your guns. Keep your guns and buy more guns."

Kitty Werthmann is warning America, her adopted country, in the hopes that history does not repeat itself. Watch her powerful presentation below.

edit on 10/13/2014 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- Added EX tags for quotes attributed to YT Speech.

edit on 13-10-2014 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind
Watch her powerful presentation below. If you don't want to go buy more ammo after that, then you aren't paying attention.

That's exactly what Hitler said in his failed revolution in 1923. He bought guns & ammo and attempted a revolution against the "big bad gov", which failed.

The Beer Hall Putsch, also known as the Munich Putsch,[1] Bierkeller Putsch[2] and, in German, as the Hitlerputsch or Hitler-Ludendorff-Putsch, was a failed attempt by the Nazi Party leader Adolf Hitler with Generalquartiermeister Erich Ludendorff and other Kampfbund leaders to seize power in Munich, Bavaria, during 8–9 November 1923. Around two-thousand men marched to the centre of Munich, and, in the ensuing confrontation with police forces, sixteen Nazis and four policemen were killed.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sorry but violence does not end violence - it only perpetuates it. Guns & ammo are not the solution, never has been. They makes any idiots become a dictator.

edit on 13-10-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I didn't mean to include that. I don't own a gun although I am a advocate of gun rights.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

Fair enough, sorry if I sounded a bit passionate.

I just feel that when hunting for the new Hitler, Media are conveniently ignoring history: History shows that Hitler began as a frustrated citizen who just went AWOL against the government, because he was fuelled with conspiracy theories coupled with hatred.

It was the people, blinded by his charismatic speeches, who helped this monster gain more power.

I guess what I really mean to say is, Reason is your best ally in this modern ocean of confusion.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Many people do not like guns and do not own one. That is their choice. Many people do not believe in God. That is also their choice. But some day an armed criminal will kick down your door and come after you and your family. The first two things you will do are:
1) call someone with a gun
2) pray they get there in time

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I think we can all agree Hitler was a psychopath. Not only when he became a powerful man, but when he was just a common man ranting about politics in pubs. His passion was borderline insanity even then, but he knew how to get people off their chairs and join him in his movement. A powerful speaker who woke people up.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

So predictable of an argument. If we don't comply and buy these big guns from these big Guns & Ammo Corporations, then us and our family are all in grave danger.

Gun Corporations are making a fortune living off you guy's fears.

I am not anti-guns, I just don't have this much fear. First, Guns Corporations make money by selling guns & ammo to the gov and military "so they can protect their country against the Wars", and then they make money by selling guns & ammo to the public "so they can protect themselves and their families against the gov and/or armed criminals".

Profits from every sides, living off people's fears.

I don't own a gun. Why am I still alive? Oh, wait, I know the answer: because I can live without crutches. My safety depends on my actual intelligence and capacity for problem-solving, more than it does on guns and ammunition.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Your point being?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Many people do not like guns and do not own one. That is their choice. Many people do not believe in God. That is also their choice. But some day an armed criminal will kick down your door and come after you and your family. The first two things you will do are:
1) call someone with a gun
2) pray they get there in time

Uh no... Not necessarily. I don't know where you live, but I happen to live in an area where I'm not in any danger of an inevitable forced entry.

Second, your first point may be true, but your second point doesn't mean you believe in god. Prayer, in this case is just wishing. Sometimes wishing is all you have at your disposal. That doesn't necessarily mean you believe in a higher power though.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind

I think we can all agree Hitler was a psychopath. Not only when he became a powerful man, but when he was just a common man ranting about politics in pubs. His passion was borderline insanity even then, but he knew how to get people off their chairs and join him in his movement. A powerful speaker who woke people up.

I used to agree, but the more I study history (and not the propaganda presented as history by the victors), the more I realize he had some truth and some right on his side. He may well have become psychologically unstable after too much medical treatment with amphetamines.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Ummm.. Isn't fear the only reason gun laws get passed?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Give that man a Ceeegar...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thanks but I don't need another tea party darling and her distorted view of America to tell me what's going on in my nation. Here's a little info of just how she twists facts to fit her agenda.
Kitty Werthmann: History Distorted

To compare Austria under the Nazis and the US now is to embrace a staggering array of logical fallacies, all of them piling on top of each other, crushing her argument. The entire thesis of her message is one giant slippery slope with nothing to back it up but potentially flawed anecdotal evidence and her own opinion. It is a vast excluded middle. It’s an argument based on emotion, hyperbole and disdain. There are other reasons to be skeptical of Ms. Werthmann’s motivations. The speech transcribed in the email on Snopes is just one sound-bite in a five year history of using the fascist subjugation of Austria as a jumping-off point to rail against a variety of liberal terribles, none of which have the slightest to do with Adolf Hitler or the Nazi Party, except in her own mind. A darling of the Tea Party movement, Ms. Werthmann also serves as president of South Dakota Eagle Forum, an offshoot of the ultra-conservative think tank Eagle Forum, founded by the notoriously science-hating and conspiracy-loving activist Phyllis Schlafly, also the mother of Conservapedia founder Andrew Schlafly.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hitler was not elected.

" Hitler was never elected. He ran in two national elections in 1932. In the first, he got 30 percent of the vote, and no one got a majority. In the resulting runoff election, he increased his votes to 37 percent, while his opponent, World War I hero Field Marshall Hindenburg, got a majority. And since the Nazi party won 230 seats out of 608 in the Reichstag, it did not have the majority to make Hitler Chancellor."

Not Elected.

"After Chancellor Papen left office, he secretly told Hitler that he still held considerable sway with president Hindenburg and that he would make Hitler chancellor as long as he, Papen, could be the vice chancellor.

Hindenburg appointed Hitler as Chancellor on January 30, 1933, in a coalition arrangement between the Nazis and the Nationalist-Conservatives. Papen was to serve as Vice-Chancellor in a majority conservative Cabinet – still falsely believing that he could "tame" Hitler.[43] Initially, Papen did speak out against some Nazi excesses, and only narrowly escaped death in the night of the long knives, whereafter he ceased to openly criticize the regime.

On 30 January 1933, Adolf Hitler was appointed chancellor of a coalition government of the NSDAP-DNVP Party. The SA and SS led torchlight parades throughout Berlin. In the coalition government, three members of the cabinet were Nazis: Hitler, Wilhelm Frick (Minister of the Interior) and Hermann Göring (Minister Without Portfolio).

With Germans who opposed Nazism failing to unite against it, Hitler soon moved to consolidate absolute power."

Seizer of Power

Non-Wiki source

He was appointed he never won any election. The Austrian 'election' can hardly be called an election as the horror had already begun. This is ridiculous everything she is saying is BS.

Gun Control

"Hitler's Partial relaxation of gun control in Nazi Germany[edit]
The 1938 German Weapons Act, the precursor of the current weapons law, superseded the 1928 law. As under the 1928 law, citizens were required to have a permit to carry a firearm and a separate permit to acquire a firearm. But under the new law:

Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as was the possession of ammunition."[3]
The legal age at which guns could be purchased was lowered from 20 to 18.[4]
Permits were valid for three years, rather than one year.[4]
The groups of people who were exempt from the acquisition permit requirement expanded. Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and NSDAP members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions. Prior to the 1938 law, only officials of the central government, the states, and employees of the German Reichsbahn Railways were exempted.[3]
Manufacture of arms and ammunition continued to require a permit, with the revision that such permits would no longer be issued to Jews or any company part-owned by Jews. Jews were consequently forbidden from the manufacturing or dealing of firearms and ammunition.[3]
Under both the 1928 and 1938 acts, gun manufacturers and dealers were required to maintain records with information about who purchased guns and the guns' serial numbers. These records were to be delivered to a police authority for inspection at the end of each year.

Disarming Jews in Nazi Germany[edit]
On November 11, 1938, the Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons was promulgated by Minister of the Interior, Wilhelm Frick. This regulation effectively deprived all Jews living in those locations of the right to possess any form of weapons including truncheons, knives, or firearms and ammunition.[5] Some police forces used the pre-existing "trustworthiness" clause to disarm Jews on the basis “the Jewish population ‘cannot be regarded as trustworthy’”.[3]:"

Hitler relaxed gun laws

Non-Wiki
edit on 13-10-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Not sure what you mean by that. Where I'm from people survive with guns and live off of the land. They stockpile deer meat along with other game and keep it frozen for months. Nobody around here uses AK-47s or any other assault rifles to hunt with though. Most people own a shotgun, hunting rifle and some own handguns as well, but nearly every household has a gun. The people making guns look bad are the inner city gangsters who are responsible for over half of the murders in the U.S. each year. They make the mass shooter victim count look like a spec on the chart in comparison to the number of victims killed in inner city gang bang territories.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

I think I'll take Kitty's word, who was actually alive and lived in Austria, over your blog. Thanks for sharing though.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

I love it when people post a bunch of Wikipedia crap. You do realize anyone can change the information on Wikipedia right? Never use Wikipedia as a source.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I think I will take history and my Grandfathers word for it. My grandfather was forced to serve in the Hitler Youth, his 16 year old brother was a POW of the Russians on the western front, my great grandfather was a tanker in Africacorp. What she is spewing is BS that is easily to disprove.
edit on 13-10-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Thanks but I don't need another tea party darling and her distorted view of America to tell me what's going on in my nation. Here's a little info of just how she twists facts to fit her agenda.
Kitty Werthmann: History Distorted

To compare Austria under the Nazis and the US now is to embrace a staggering array of logical fallacies, all of them piling on top of each other, crushing her argument. The entire thesis of her message is one giant slippery slope with nothing to back it up but potentially flawed anecdotal evidence and her own opinion. It is a vast excluded middle. It’s an argument based on emotion, hyperbole and disdain. There are other reasons to be skeptical of Ms. Werthmann’s motivations. The speech transcribed in the email on Snopes is just one sound-bite in a five year history of using the fascist subjugation of Austria as a jumping-off point to rail against a variety of liberal terribles, none of which have the slightest to do with Adolf Hitler or the Nazi Party, except in her own mind. A darling of the Tea Party movement, Ms. Werthmann also serves as president of South Dakota Eagle Forum, an offshoot of the ultra-conservative think tank Eagle Forum, founded by the notoriously science-hating and conspiracy-loving activist Phyllis Schlafly, also the mother of Conservapedia founder Andrew Schlafly.

I don't see anything showing a twisting of facts here. All I see is a offended liberal rant.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican

I think I will take history and my Grandfathers word for it. My grandfather was forced to serve in the Hitler Youth my great grandfather was a tanker in Africacorp. What she is spewing is BS that is easily to disprove.

So disprove it if it's so easy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join