It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statue on Mars: A reclining god, a king, an ancient hero?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

Hey look, you linked a video of a Spanish TV show. Way to fall for hoaxes...

It was just to make a point.

[s]Spanish overlay or not - you tell me you don't see astronauts walking around a fairly large complex in low gravity by 2:30, and I'll find a different example.[/s]

Did you not actually watch any of the video in this post that you commented on? Same footage...

And BTW - You seem all too infatuated with your profile portraying you as a 'disinfoer' - best way to hide something is in plain sight, right? On my list.

That IS NOT genuine Moon footage. For crying out loud you can clearly tell they are in standard Earth gravity. Funny too how people on here always want to deny that we went to the Moon at all...but then they want to use footage like this to "prove" that we are being lied to about what was found on the Moon. You know, when the guys who...never went there...walked around and filmed these things, lol. For crying out loud...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

[s]Spanish overlay or not - you tell me you don't see astronauts walking around a fairly large complex in low gravity by 2:30, and I'll find a different example.[/s]

Did you not actually watch any of the video in this post that you commented on? Same footage...

And BTW - You seem all too infatuated with your profile portraying you as a 'disinfoer' - best way to hide something is in plain sight, right? On my list.

Aaaaaaand he immediately goes to the "disinfo" card. Sad and pathetic. That garbage ought to be outlawed around here. Anymore it's almost instant. "You disagree with me? DISINFO AGENT!!!!"

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I love the sliding windows on the supposed ancient Moon base. Gets hot at night on Luna, lol...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

Bwahahahahaha....are you kidding me with that video?! SMDH....

You clearly didn't see me reference the ongoing thread that has a huge focus around this very same footage three posts after this one...

Did you not actually watch any of the video [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1035232/pg1]...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

Aaaaaaand he immediately goes to the "disinfo" card. Sad and pathetic. That garbage ought to be outlawed around here. Anymore it's almost instant. "You disagree with me? DISINFO AGENT!!!!"

Hardly how I approached it bud - thanks for the consideration that I did some homework. Do some fishing around in his previous posts - he doesn't seem to agree with anything anyone has to post.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Did you actually read that post? The original footage from the Spanish TV show is linked and viewable...

You got had broseph.
edit on 14-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Rather than derail this topic any further...

I'll simply walk away with the statement that I believe both of you jump to conclusions too quickly, and have no optimism. That, or you are both here to simply ruin everyone else's optimism. It's degrading and disappointing.

I come here to deny ignorance. To consider the possibility of these things being true. If you are here to nay-say everything that gets posted, I'll simply do some programming handy-work and ensure that I just don't have to read your posts anymore.
edit on 14-10-2014 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So because I refuse to accept hoaxes as evidence I have no optimism?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

This is my last response to you and I won't be surprised when it gets deleted for how far off topic You are dragging this - but:

You have no optimism - or perhaps are simply stubborn - because you refuse to accept Anything that anyone else posts. Every single post I've read of yours is an attempt to negate the possible truth of the topic at hand.

** Granted - I may have initiated the divergence of topics.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

This is garbage. Why are people S&Fing it?
It's just a pile of rocks.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Something based on lies isn't a "Possible truth". I get it that many people on this board lap up ideas without fully vetting them first. I tend to not do that.

You obviously haven't read any of my posts on AGW or Religion.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikey923

I got told in another thread that the more flags something has the more merit it has in reality...

This thread is proof of the fallacy in that logic.

The OP didn't even think to find the original image the YT video pulls from. The original image is obviously much higher quality. The YT video author knew what they were doing, and Tuatha bit.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I loved the whole 'true colors restored after NASA bleached them out' comment. Because apparently they had access to some original, uncolored version of this phone directly via NASA.

You can change entirely how a rock looks by coloring and shading the thing. Coloring something doesn't suddenly make it a statue. With natural coloring, it looks exactly like the pile of rocks that it is. And even if you actually look closely at the colored version, you can see that if it were a statue, it looks pretty awful. Thick offset "neck," weird flappy bit under the armpit, really odd eyes and mouth, etc. etc. Look at each part of that "statue" carefully.. with a critical eyes.. perhaps comparing it to statues we have carved, and tell me if it even looks close to being a statue of anyone.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Agreed, can you imagine if these rock formations (which are natural and on earth) was taken on Mars? All hell would break out! LOL

edit on 14-10-2014 by wulff because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Everyone loves a mystery but for someone not to say what they believe (it's a pile of rocks) without being attacked makes it look like those that do believe it's a statue are not exactly credible.

It makes me think of my sister, one time she was driving up to an old abandoned rail road crossing and could swear she heard a train! She was telling everyone... I happened by it a few months later and checked it out and it was from a tracked vehicle that made 'furrows' in the asphalt and the tires did make it sound like a train, when I told her she said "I wish I didn't tell you because I knew you would find a logical explanation and I wanted to believe it was supernatural, now it's just an old abandoned crossing again!"

Wanting to believe it's something more won't make it so!
edit on 14-10-2014 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Close-up of anomaly, image sharpened.

Someone mentioned the statue of Hercules in Iran... here he is...

Here they are next to each other...

Is it rock? Is it Pareidolia?

Sure maybe, but to say maybe not isn't ludicrous and insane.

edit on 10/15/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I was going to make a thread about this anomaly, but I cba, so...

This was found on a recent image,
Elongated skull:

NASA linky

A psychological phenomenon, or something else?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JayDub113

Don't let them deter you, for some people, it's all they have to feel in control of a situation that they simply don't fathom, or won't fathom.

I smile at their posts with a Cheshire Cat grin, it's not hurting me what they say, it hurts them and their own integrity in the long run, with such close minded posts.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

So you think the video he posted is genuine and not from a Spanish TV show? You think the YT video in the OP is genuine and not intentionally blurred images taken from a HQ rover photo?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

The picture the OP has put up has an official NASA link, so yeah it's not fake.

LINK to original picture.

It's blurred because it's too far zoomed, but even without zooming in, it's a noticeable 'rock'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join