It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus Idea; Give corporations 25% tax cut

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Even better stimulus idea:

End corporate welfare. End centralized control of the economy. Put the criminal element of Wall St. in prison. Reform the entire tax code for something a bit more fair for everyone involved.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Corporations pay taxes on the money they collect from the consumer purchasing their products.

Which is exactly what I said. The end user paid the taxes.

Who do you expect to pay them? The only reason a business exists is to sell a product. Who ever buys that product is supplying the money.
you are also pointing out why raising the minimum wage or raising taxes will not effect corporations and their profits. The end users are the ones that will take the hit.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I do not get it. 25% tax cut of 0 is still 0. If corporations really did pay federal tax and had no way of avoiding it then your idea might mean something.

Trickle down is an illusion it has always been trickle up in the power pyramid. Those who believe otherwise do not understand the power pyramid that capitalism is designed to support.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Stimulus Idea; Give corporations and big business 25% federal tax cut. Then have them equally distribute it to their work force tax exempt.

Right, Corporations would keep the money and give it to their shareholders and not the employees.

Corporations are about profit, greed and corruption! What is it about capitalism that you don't understand!

Wanna buy a bridge?

edit on 13-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
I do not get it. 25% tax cut of 0 is still 0. If corporations really did pay federal tax and had no way of avoiding it then your idea might mean something.

Trickle down is an illusion it has always been trickle up in the power pyramid. Those who believe otherwise do not understand the power pyramid that capitalism is designed to support.

Here is a list of 15 of the most profitable companies and the taxes they pay.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Who do you expect to pay them?

The end user should pay them as they are the final recipient of the goods or services.

The only reason a business exists is to sell a product. Who ever buys that product is supplying the money.

I am not disputing that, I am merely pointing out that those who are railing for businesses to pay more taxes are only asking to actually pay more taxes themselves.

you are also pointing out why raising the minimum wage or raising taxes will not effect corporations and their profits. The end users are the ones that will take the hit.

And do end users want the costs of goods and services to go up or down?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Right, Corporations would keep the money and give it to their shareholders and not the employees.

And what stops the employees of being shareholders of the corporation for which they work? I own shares of the company that I am employed by and we both have skin in the game to excel in the market place.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Is it just me or are we agreeing with each other?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Is it just me or are we agreeing with each other?

Yeah, which is why I found it odd that you were quoting me and saying the same thing.

edit on 13-10-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's all pointless. Until we make the focus providing necessary goods to all people rather than making money things will get worse and worse. Just ask all the homeless US military vets I see every day how our system is working out for them? I guess they just didn't work hard enough? They should have been bankers right?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Funny how the net income is around 20 Billion for almost all the companies on the list. Can anyone spell offshore debt to remove net income form the revenue so the taxable income becomes lower.

Trusting Forbes to give you the truth is like trusting a conman to not con you.
edit on 13-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Stimulus Idea; Give corporations and big business 25% federal tax cut. Then have them equally distribute it to their work force tax exempt.

corporate welfare at its worst.

Why not eliminate tax on wages? think of all that additional disposable income.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'd expect that the corps and big businesses would use their money to move more of their jobs overseas.
The op seems to suggest that these businesses would have to pass the money down to the employees..
Which seems to me would be about as fair as most of the gov't policies.
most employees in america used to work for small businesses probably still do guess they don't get any benefit from your plan, just the corporate shills?

Anyone have any idea just how much pain we could have avoided (not to mention debt!!) if we had just paid off the mortgages to begin with? The housing market wouldn't have crashed, the banks wouldn't have gotten into trouble and their bogus investment securities would have at least been made good and wiped off the books instead of being bought by the fed. The people would have money to spend!
na the people should be made to pay off their debt!! even when they are lied to by the appraiser, realitors and loan officers! And well who cares if you pay that debt off if the bank says you owe them pay it off again!!!

Why not give the people the money this time around? Heck the fed seems to think a little more inflation would do wonders for our economy anyways!! (actually it would do wonders for their paper assetts such as stocks and such but well they say we need more inflation!!) so give use the money! They've tried giving it to the banks and the banks proved that they weren't the least bit trustworthy. They've tried giving to the corps and they just used it to relocate to what they think is a better climate. Give it to the people and we will at least spend it on things we need and maybe have a little left over for something we want and well maybe some of those corporate retail store might have a decent christmas season!!!
otherwise keep the money and use it to pay down the debt!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
a low wage job???
and the fact that they are barely making ends meet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join