It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Christian stereotyping of Islam is at best, ignorant, and more likely hypocritical and bigot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I agreed, just that I am not so sure that people are as easily gullible or as xenophobic as they may once have been and I wonder if we need to give ourselves more credit.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Just some observations:

1) If you preach to one camp, surely you should preach to the other as well. Meaning while I agree with you that the media and those in power in the west are demonizing Islam, the same can be said in reverse. Leaders of Islamic nations demonize the west as well.

2) You cite the Old Testament as a reason to distrust Jews and Christians. Islam also embraces the Old Testament - which is why all three religions are referred to as "People of the book".

Hatred is a powerful thing and, when mutual, is very difficult to derail. At some point one side or the other is going to have to drop their weapons and be willing to initiate a dialogue based upon coexistence and not elimination of the other.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I could have and maybe should have included atheist in the list as well but it really didn't matter .One of the questions I have always had was if humans were inherently evil or good .Not that we are not capable of both but killing or even the desire to see someone die seems to be in us all . It probably doesn't help when most societies can and do glorify killing for some just cause . a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
Yes, they do track people they don't like, yes, they break into their homes and kill them, and yes, they do indeed share this information on their websites.

They? Who is they?

Tell me now, how many women are being systematically abused tonight all over the Muslim world?

I don't know know. Tell me. Perhaps you can also tell me how many women are being abused all over Africa, and India, and East Asia and South America. Or are you just going to compare a village in Pakistan to a major city in Europe?

Don't play this sympathy game for them, telling us that we have dehumanized them. THEY dehumanize their women on a daily basis.

Who is "They"?

Are you defending their belief that womens' testimonies are worth half than that of a man?

Forgetting for the moment the absurdity of the accusation, can you name me which muslim countries on earth take womens' testimony as worth half of a man's?

Are you defending the number of bastard children in Mecca that are the result of the one night only Muttah marriages?

And out of curiousity, how many would that number be, considering that Saudia Arabia bans its practice, and that as it is, it only exists in the Twelver branch of Shia Islam? Do you think it'd be more, or less than the same in the US? Or would the US have it less because of abortions?

Are you defending 275 young innocent girls burning up in a fire for not having their burkhas on?

And are you blaming all muslims for it?

Are you defending the Khurds who were victims of mustard gassing?

Are you defending the stoning deaths of women in Afghanistan?

Are you defending the beheadings and hangings of Christians in Syria?

Are you defending the genocide against Copts in Egypt?

Genocide against Copts?!
. Wow, my coptic friends in Egypt will be really confused about that when they hear about it. Anyhow, and are you blaming all muslims for it?

Are you defending the genocide of Armenians?

You're an incredibly vivid example of what the OP was talking about.
edit on 14-10-2014 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

Dude. You don't see athiests making girls burn alive for not wearing baseball caps. Stop playing around and just get used to the fact that religion is destructive and must be #ing stopped.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Well first of all, God doesn't have a Son, that was an invention by the Romans some 1700 years ago.. The Cross is also an invention and was never mentioned directly in the ancient texts. The cross also has it's roots in Paganism.. As for you claims about Mohammad, you are so wrong it is actually funny... Maybe if you took the time to learn about Islam you would see what I'm talking about..

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
After reading this thread Ive come to the conclusion that Christianity really is the religion of love....

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Christianity was designed to unite a hugely disparate group of pagans under one banner.

funny you should say that

That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him Ephesians1

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. John6

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts4
edit on 14-10-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

The biggest purveyors of violence right now in the world are factually Western "Christian" nations and intelligence agencies.

I can tell you right now, it ain't the Muslims.

Most people in the West would be surprised by the answer to the question: who are the most persecuted people in the world? According to the International Society for Human Rights, a secular group with members in 38 states worldwide, 80 per cent of all acts of religious discrimination in the world today are directed at Christians.

The Centre for the Study of Global Christianity in the United States estimates that 100,000 Christians now die every year, targeted because of their faith – that is 11 every hour. www.independent.co.uk...

Why are Christians, as a new Pew report documents, the most persecuted religious group in the world? And why is their persecution occurring primarily throughout the Islamic world?..these faiths tend to be coterminous with their respective ethnicities: Buddhists, Asians; Judaism, Jews; Hinduism, Hindus.. www.frontpagemag.com...

Every year, the Christian non-profit organization Open Doors publishes a list of the top 50 countries where persecution of Christians for religious reasons is worst. The 2014 list has the following countries as its top 10 offenders:[145]

North Korea
Somalia
Syria
Iraq
Afghanistan
Saudi Arabia
Maldives
Pakistan
Iran
Yemenen.wikipedia.org...

Persecution of Christians can be traced historically from the time of Jesus in the first century to the present time.[1]..has reported that over 100,000 Christians are violently killed annually because of some relation to their faith.[140] According to the World Evangelical Alliance, over 200 million Christians are denied fundamental human rights solely because of their faith.[141] Of the 100-200 million Christians under assault, the majority are persecuted in Muslim-dominated nations.[142] Christians suffer numerically more than any other faith groups or groups without faith in the world. Of the world's three largest religions Christians are the most proportionally persecuted with 80% of all acts of religious discrimination being directed at Christians[143] who only make up 33% of the world's population.[144]

and

Taken all together, we have 401 million deaths over nearly 2000 years of war and barbarism. Just for the sake of argument, let’s add another 10%, or 40 million, to cover margins of error, and other wars. This would bring our total to 441 million deaths over the last 20 centuries.

The Bolsheviks who murdered the Russian Tsar Family and worked themselves into the Russian government, created the Russian Revolution and are responsible for all the horrors that afflicted Russia after their hostile takeover. The annihilation numbers are claimed to be between..60 Million to 120 Million Russian citizens murdered by their own government. Many European citizens were captured in addition to this number between 1941 and 1950 and taken to Russian slave labor camps if they were not executed. www.germanvictims.com...

Madman who starved 60million to death: Devastating book reveals how Mao's megalomania turned China into a madhouse
www.dailymail.co.uk...

His research shows that the death toll from democide is far greater than the death toll from war. After studying over 8,000 reports of government-caused deaths, Rummel estimates that there have been 262 million victims of democide in the last century. According to his figures, six times as many people have died from the actions of people working for governments than have died in battle.

One of his main findings is that liberal democracies have much less democide than authoritarian regimes.[10] He argues that there is a relation between political power and democide. en.wikipedia.org..

edit on 14-10-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Don't play the game with me.

You might be conning some naive people, but if you want to play Full Monty, find another sucker. We've been around this block too many times.

Why did you join up? You want 72 virgins when you martyr yourself?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I am quite sick of the demonization of Muslims, one, and other cultures as well in the West.

Another apologist. Seems like this whole country is full of people who are ashamed of being what they are. Instead of trying to convert America to become head hunters perhaps you should try to find a real good Muslim country that will allow you to sit at your keyboard and spout your apologies of being ashamed of what ever you really are. Blacks want to be whites and whites want to be blacks and so the world turns but one thing you seem to not have learned and that is that Muslims do not want to be Christians. When push comes to shove you are going to find that out.

It may do you well to Google Walid Shoebat and listen to this man and his son. You just might learn something.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: EaglesFan

Well first of all, God doesn't have a Son, that was an invention by the Romans some 1700 years ago..

Incorrect, the obviously raised Jesus (just like the spelling sounds) spoke audibly just a few years ago

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice..That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. John5

Hebrews 1 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?..But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Jesus as uniquely God's Son—sharing the same divine nature as God—as opposed to believers who are God's sons and daughters by adoption (Ephesians 1:5). Jesus is God’s “one and only” Son.
Read more: www.gotquestions.org...

Colossians 1 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature

1 Timothy 1 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And I'm still waiting for the moderate Muslims the world over to denounce them instead of just turtling up and pointing at Christians telling us about all the bad things we do or did.

Did you look? I mean - really look? 'Cause...if you don't actually seek you cannot find. But then, you still have a pretty good excuse for coming down on Islam - right?

Muslim Leaders Have Roundly Denounced Islamic State, But Conservative Media Won't Tell You That

Conservative media figures have wrongly accused Muslim groups and leaders of failing to denounce the violent acts of the terrorist group the Islamic State (ISIS or ISIL), despite the fact that numerous Muslim religious authorities, advocacy groups, and Imams have come together to denounce the Islamic State's un-Islamic crimes against humanity.

French Muslim leaders denounce ISIS brutality

The leaders, in a “Paris Appeal” issued Tuesday, at the Grand Mosque in the French capital, said: “Barbarians are perpetrating the worst crimes against humanity and now threaten people, [as well as] stability and peace among the people of the entire region.”

Muslim Leaders Worldwide Condemn ISIS

Two of the leading voices in the Muslim world denounced the persecution of Christians in Iraq, at the hands of extremists proclaiming a caliphate under the name Islamic State. The most explicit condemnation came from Iyad Ameen Madani, the Secretary General for the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the group representing 57 countries, and 1.4 billion Muslims.

Sunni And Shiite British Imams Denounce ISIS Together In New Video

Obama’s Top Aide Joins Muslim Clerics To Denounce ISIS

Young British Muslims Use #NotInMyName to Denounce ISIS

Egypt's Top Muslim Cleric Declares ISIS 'a Danger to Islam'

British Muslims Release Fearless Message to ISIS Members Who Use Religion as an Excuse for Violence

Muslims Denounce ISIS As ‘The Enemies Of Humanity’ at Public Protest in Michigan

World's top Muslim leaders condemn attacks on Iraqi Christians

Prominent Imams Denounce ISIS, Prohibit Muslims From Joining

U.S. Muslim leaders denounce Islamic State, pledge to dissuade youth from joining

Scholars’ Open Letter Adds to Chorus of Muslim Leaders Condemning ISIS

I was going to say something about willful ignorance - but that might be overstating things a bit

:-)

edit on 10/14/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy
Join up? Join up what? Islam? Yeah, because OF COURSE every convert did it for that. It is almost like you went to and got straight As in Hate-Islam Propaganda school.

I'd be amazed if you found even a single muslim convert who joined up because they "get 72 virgins in heaven". Interestingly enough, particularly in Europe, the vast majority of converts are local women (and no, before you say "they were forced to marry muslim men", conversion to Islam is not a requirement for women who want to marry muslim men).

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Just some observations:

1) If you preach to one camp, surely you should preach to the other as well. Meaning while I agree with you that the media and those in power in the west are demonizing Islam, the same can be said in reverse. Leaders of Islamic nations demonize the west as well.

2) You cite the Old Testament as a reason to distrust Jews and Christians. Islam also embraces the Old Testament - which is why all three religions are referred to as "People of the book".

Hatred is a powerful thing and, when mutual, is very difficult to derail. At some point one side or the other is going to have to drop their weapons and be willing to initiate a dialogue based upon coexistence and not elimination of the other.

1: AMEN. They need to stop preaching to this choir, we heard it too many times.
2: AMEN. They can't agree though who is the rightful heir of Mohammed, so they kill each other over that.

If I were tomorrow to join a group that I KNEW was preaching hatred and violence, then I should be as guilty as all in the group, because I KNEW what the group believed. That's why anyone who converts to Islam isn't converting on religious reasons, they KNOW already that Islam is a political ideology. But hey, if they want to give up drinking and smoking (which is strange because alcohol is actually sold in Mecca and Muslims invented the hookah) then go right ahead. I can't stop anyone from practicing their religious expression.

But when they start imposing Sharia law for the purpose of murder and killing, then that's a whole other ballgame. I don't care if they don't eat BLTs or won't drink Smirnoff Ice coolers. That's their choice. But when they decide to take up a weapon or wear a bomb vest and scream "Alluah Akbar" and decapitate people then I have a problem with that. There are many human rights violations in the countries where Islam is predominant, and that's something the rest of us can't turn our heads away from.

Anyone who knowingly joins a group that is guilty of that, they should be ashamed of themselves. There are millions of people who do want to get out from under Islam but they are terrified. Why would they be terrified if it is just a religion of peace?

If they extricate the political ideology from the religion and not follow that part, then by all means practice it. But at this point, what else should we call them if they call themselves Muslim? I don't even own a TV so it can't be said the media is forcing this onto me, I only know what I have heard from Muslims themselves. And the media sure ain't showing everything. For instance, the media DID NOT show the women who were oppressed and violated in Afghanistan by the Taliban, do you know where that was first shown? On a TV show called Seventh Heaven back in 2000.

But I'm smart enough to go to Memritv.org and see what they are saying, and it ain't so very nice. But the Muslim men I worked with both told me to my face and cursed at me to my face, on the job in the workplace in North Carolina, that I was a white devil Christian woman who was going to pay for being an American.

These two Muslim men then proceeded to harass the two young Buddhist men from Laos, both of whom had to threaten the Muslim men to leave them alone. Then the two Muslim men, after calling me a white devil Christian woman, turned to watch the other lady in our department who wore very short shorts. Yes, the hypocrisy.

And THEN, after bragging to me about their wives still in Pakistan that they had not seen since 1975, about a "wife" here in the US. I saw this myself, a white woman was picking up one of the men, so the next day I asked him who she was, he said "that's my wife", so I say "But I thought you said your wife was in Pakistan", he replied, "Yes, my wife is in Pakistan, but this is also my wife here". To which I ask "Are you sure this is your legal wife". He replies "Yes, she is my legal wife here". To which I say "You know that's illegal here". To which he says "I don't care if it is not legal here, because here the laws don't apply to me".

Then he continues to brag about having wives in Germany, France, Seattle, Chicago...and the little town of High Point, North Carolina. Then the other man, his friend, brags about having an engineering degree from Pakistan, so I ask "so what are you doing here in High Point, North Carolina in this little factory?" Both of them proceeded to curse at me.

But both of them decided one day to tell me the virtuous merits of the great Ayatollah for his reforms in making sure women couldn't go on buses or in taxis or even be seen outside without other women with them, or a male relative. This after riding alone in a car with a new "wife".

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: babloyi
Join up? Join up what? Islam? Yeah, because OF COURSE every convert did it for that. It is almost like you went to and got straight As in Hate-Islam Propaganda school.

I'd be amazed if you found even a single muslim convert who joined up because they "get 72 virgins in heaven". Interestingly enough, particularly in Europe, the vast majority of converts are local women (and no, before you say "they were forced to marry muslim men", conversion to Islam is not a requirement for women who want to marry muslim men).

What were you promised for converting?

Surely these people weren't convinced that no drinking is the prime reward of converting.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SomePeople

Dude. You don't see athiests making girls burn alive for not wearing baseball caps. Stop playing around and just get used to the fact that religion is destructive and must be #ing stopped.

How about getting used to the fact that its people not religion that are destructive, people interpretation and actions that destructive.

People always have to point their finger and say that is the problem instead of realizing if there is a problem they themselves are a part of it, no they must point out whats wrong to others.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Don't play the game with me.

You might be conning some naive people, but if you want to play Full Monty, find another sucker. We've been around this block too many times.

Why did you join up? You want 72 virgins when you martyr yourself?

I never took you for being such troll.

Ahh you see and learn new things everyday here at ATS

I don't know why I am posting in this thread, I get drawn to idiocy I guess.

OP was that your purpose or are you seriously sincere about your OP because all its done is created another thread where people compare atrocities that can attributed to ......... take your pick what religion suits best.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Seems like this whole country is full of people who are ashamed of being what they are. Instead of trying to convert America to become head hunters perhaps you should try to find a real good Muslim country that will allow you to sit at your keyboard and spout your apologies of being ashamed of what ever you really are.

Why do so many members post like they took a hard blow to head and they have no intelligence what so ever?

Is this thread about converting anyone?

Are there no American Muslims? If so why is Islam the fastest growing religion in the States, how can it be if there are no American Muslims?

With stupidity that I have witnessed in my life and stupidity witnessed here on ATS I am ashamed to be human

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Honestly?
A belief system more meaningful than one that tries to legitimise and justify the narrative of a brutal blood sacrifice of a completely innocent man to self-fulfill some made up rule.

What were YOU promised?
edit on 14-10-2014 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join