It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when will YOU go into "seclusion"? when there are 50 cases? 100 cases? 1000 cases?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
at about 50.. I have ultra violet purification systems in my HVAC equiptment and enough food to last awhile in the house.. I can seal my house up pretty well and as I said purify my indoor air with uv lights and ozone and hepa filters..
I do it for a living...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

Sorry if you misunderstood. Im certainly nobody in this big world...just trying to make a difference until I cant or they wont let me anymore. The tone....and I say t-o-n-e of the thread title alone might have well said " Hey! We're gettin' ready now! At what point are YOU going into seclusion? Hurry up. Better get ready." As though that it a consideration. Thats all.

To me? That was how it sounded.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't touch anything I don't have to and find myself holding my breath in elevators. Weird.

I'm with kosmicjack on this one. As soon as there are cases outside healthcare and Africa here...probably in the 50 range.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Always do, and you as well

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If you don't already have a supply of non perishable goods, you're hardly prepared.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's not all or nothing. It's more like a sliding scale. It would have to do more with how close the clusters were and not the total numbers.

Unless I was critically ill (in I would die within the hour) I wouldn't go into a hospital with a even one current Ebola patient. If I did wind up in any hospital, I certainly wouldn't want anyone to visit me.

I probably wouldn't travel to Dallas right now either.

A few outbreaks (5-10) within 10-15 miles of where I live and work would really have me limiting my contact.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

How far of a drive is that for you?

I live in Michigan, as well. My vacation place is about an hour and a half away.

Also, I have just begun paramedic school and when i asked, "what happens if I get Ebola?" I was laughed at.

I will probably be vacationing a few times this winter!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
at about 50.. I have ultra violet purification systems in my HVAC equiptment and enough food to last awhile in the house.. I can seal my house up pretty well and as I said purify my indoor air with uv lights and ozone and hepa filters..
I do it for a living...

Come on by my pad any time you wanna install an experimental new HVAC system. I like where your head's at.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I can't afford to go into seclusion. I still need to eat, bills still need to be paid etc. etc.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
i dont get this, supposedly you run on the top of a mountain or whatever with 2 weeks worth of canned food and a few plastic bottle of water.. so what ? you can survive for a few more weeks that anybody else or when you are back everything is going to be just fine like ? somebody else will take care of a global pandemic for you ?

if things are as serious as people assume they are, and me personally think are pretty grave, i do not really see the point in each and every one of us running around and finding our own hole for the next couple of weeks or months or whatever. In my view we need to work together and be compassionate and caring for each other and we have to maintain a basic level of social functions. There is really no point being the egoistical lunatics we are to the grave...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
My opinion is, in order to strengthen something, it requires stimulation. Yknow I think that's why people get sick easily and it takes em down; weak immune system. There is a such thing as being too clean. When I get sick, (once a year if at all) I tough it out, drink fluids, take vitamin c, fine in a week or less. People should worry about the chaos that ebola-induced hysteria is going to do to society more so than contracting the actual illness.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If ebola reaches my hometown, or my tri-county region, I will pull my child (who is now 18) from school and head to the deep forest to wait it out. That is my plan and everyone around me knows it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
My advice to people is; don't sweat it. Of course, protect yourself, your family, etc. But when you're at the point of being a hermit due to circumstances, what kind of way is that to live? Everyone is surely going to die at some point, what a miserable way to have lived, in fear and panic, dodging any thing that's a risk to your life (speaking in reasonable terms), to avoid one sure thing that's going to happen: death.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: miransky

I think some people desire seclusion, and that is why they move to certain places. However, they may be connected with society in certain ways in which they do not wish to be, such as children and past relationships.

Most major explorers in history lived lives of seclusion because it came with the job. New ideas and new places necessarily entails some sort of seclusion. Seclusion is not necessarily bad at all, it makes for new frontiers (whether of the physical or the mental). Now, to be secluded simply because of a potential pandemic is dumb, but if you wanted that sort of thing anyway, I see nothing wrong with allowing it to be a catapult in such a direction.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Bugging out without contact with loadsa people is difficult.
You could always stay inside your personal bunker and wait it out. That would keep ATS postrate up.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
If you're knowledgeable and self sufficient enough to refuge to rural seclusion, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea. I'm from Dallas, people are so dependent on having things easily accessible and have no idea what to do when whatever they want or need isn't practically handed to them; they panic and do irrational things. Those are the kind of people that won't survive such scenarios. I recently moved to a very small town in Arkansas. I feel as though my chances of surviving if corruption with this virus outbreak were to occur (capturing, imprisonment, martial law), way better chances than if I were in a metro area
edit on 16-10-2014 by miransky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Unless this thing comes near me in southeastern WI i'm not going to do anything major. I don't go out much anymore cause I don't really care for the parties anymore, just hanging with my two closest friends and going to school and such. but if it did come close to me, i'd become more of a hermit than the hermitty-est hermit ever to hermit.

i'm beyond exasperated with the CDC at this point. i didn't really put too much weight on their words before, but now, i think that our arrogance at believing it would 'nevar evarrr happen hurrr' is exactly the cause of this debacle. well, either that or it is intentional, of course *dons tin foil hat*

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
You also have to keep in mind, the outbreak in Africa is going to kill people at a quicker rate than in the US. Not everyone goes to the hospital when they have those kinds of symptoms, they're quite vague really, could be many things if experiencing mild symptoms. These are heavily populated areas that are experiencing major poverty, areas that are in poverty are going to have a higher contagion rate, fatality rate too. Either way, we better equipped to handle something like this. Outbreaks and viruses happen all year long that claim numerous lives in the US, they're just not as publicized as this Ebola outbreak. Funny how things get blown out of proportion and cause such a rise just cause it was on CNN or Fox 4. Imagine all the stuff that's going on that isn't publicized

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Heh. I mostly live in seclusion anyway. I certainly never worry about the exchange of fluids part with my forever alone status.

But I'd say there would have to be a few million cases in the US to get me to the "omg, I'm maybe gonna get ebola!" level of scared.

Really, there's just no point in being afraid of this.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
My wife is continually needing medical treatment and visiting hospitals, I will roll the dice like everyone else no seclusion for me...

What makes it worse is finding out that one of the Doctors actively visits and works with Ebola Patients in Africa and is allowed to return to our hospital in Wales to carry on her duties... I can't see the logic? The orchestrated Pandemic conspiracy theory seems told hold a lot of weight from where i'm standing.
edit on 16-10-2014 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join