It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woolworths apologises for inadvertently stocking singlet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

This reply goes for everyone who responded to me in this thread. I am not saying that I agree with the level of backlash here, especially since it seems that there is a historical precedent for this phrase being used in common parlance for some time.

What I would say, is that given the current socio-economic situation, and the FACT that people conflate the government of a nation with the nation itself automatically most of the time (I am not saying that the individuals who responded do, I am just saying that you guys are exceptions to, rather than being the rule), I can see how some folk might look at this slogan differently than you appear to.

I agree with you guys though, there are better things to be annoyed about.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
What I would say, is that given the current socio-economic situation, and the FACT that people conflate the government of a nation with the nation itself automatically most of the time (I am not saying that the individuals who responded do, I am just saying that you guys are exceptions to, rather than being the rule), I can see how some folk might look at this slogan differently than you appear to.

The I am open for a new shirt that says, 'Love it or leave it.* '

' * And when you leave it take the friggin government with you!'

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hell, I would wear that phrasing on a Union Jack shirt!

Nice one AM!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Hell, I would wear that phrasing on a Union Jack shirt!

Nice one AM!

I feel a bit sorry for the place where all those evicted governments end up...

Maybe we can find a giant island where we can send all of those scoundrels and criminals.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I completely agree!... and would also like someone to answer why they would stay and make everyone else miserable.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost
Woolworths still exists?

All them closed down by me back in the early 90's.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Absolutely still exists... Coles and Woolworths are still the two giants in the supermarket sector in Australia.

If you've seen a "Food for Less"... they are also owned by Woolworths, and have replaced Woolworths in many places. Woolies established Food for Less as the low-cost version of Woolies, and expanded the franchise with the purchase of Franklins.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Haven't seen a Woolworths OR Franklins in about 20 years!!
Pic's or it didn't happen!!
LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join