It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally: U.S. Troops to Use Bases in Turkey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
With friends like these who needs enemies? It's about time. I seriously wonder if the turks might turn those idle tanks on the hill on us...

NY Times

WASHINGTON — Turkey will allow American and coalition troops to use its bases, including a key installation within 100 miles of the Syrian border, for operations against Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq, Defense Department officials said Sunday.

Mighty kind of our Ally to actually ally itself with us. I serious doubt we can trust anything they say and do. Hope we are pulling our nukes out of there.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
well that's good. maybe they can let us use their bombs, they might be more effective as they wont have "do not destroy our partial investment" mode automatically turned on??

Can we nuke the moon just for fun? All the big countries should just draw borders on the moon, and when we get mad nuke those borders on the moon. Then we can rest assured we are getting the bad guys! The aliens right??

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This is a start. Though, why don't all of the countries which ISIS poses a threat too join together, if not that at least every country which ISIS has threatened. Probably a few dozen. How is ISIS even a problem ? We should be apple to destroy their 150,000 max troops.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

I have no clue what the heck your post is talking about ...

Back to the OP, I am right there with you, it was crazy how they were acting, Turkey is becoming more and more radicalized.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Good news but we are back to the same old thing America, Britain and a few other countries from West. Where are all the Arab countries and what exactly are Turkey going to do sit there and watch on still it beggars belief! I dont trust Turkey. I think they promised ISIS they wouldnt interfere and thats hiw they got hostages released. The poor people need help desperately but I dont like thought of West going it alone yet again. I cant understand where Assad is supposed to be either? Why is Putin so quiet about air strikes on Syria? Why arent China saying anything? It all feels very cloak and daggers and I feel there is a lot we are not being told.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: DYepes

I have no clue what the heck your post is talking about ...

Back to the OP, I am right there with you, it was crazy how they were acting, Turkey is becoming more and more radicalized.

Wake up and smell the coffi. The ISIS conflict is not anything near what the media is potraying it to be. The media is just shaping Your vote so that you will support the US madness. Maybe Turkey know better than to get involved With this US Madness.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

You are right. ISIS comes in peace and only wants love, kittens, and teddy bears for all.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Im pretty sure Turkey made a non-aggression pact with IS, they didnt even react when a stray shell went over Kobani and hit Turkey! Like wtf!

We know for a fact they are complicit in the fall of the Kurds, they outright stated in this passive-aggressive way that it was 'unrealistic' for Turkey to save Kobani, and its RIGHT on their border! They obviously dont fear Turkish territory being next.
CBC Article

The US was warmongering for so long and got so many countries to scream until we decided to move in! Now or never, IS will kill us all! And now they wont even help Kobani! Make up your minds already.

Turkey implied that they will not help until we make Assad fall. And recent reports that US airstrikes were hitting a full kilometre off. Just way too suspicious...
edit on 13-10-2014 by Ridhya because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Check This Out

Turkey says to US, we don't need your presence on Turkish soil, we got that covered.

ISIS attacks Kobani on border with Turkey. And attacks it good.

Turkey OKs US military presence on Turkish soil.

LLLLOOLL

As if ISIS does exactly what US wants, ISIS-CIA-eida.

I mean, is the rest of the world really that stupid and USA really that smart......I don't get it ?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ExSmokerYes

You are right about not getting it I doubt anyone does except those with the quandry of wanting a pipeline through Syria but don't want ISIS to carry on - kind of shooting oneself in the foot ir you armed isis originally.

If isis gets control of Syria there won't be a pipeline through it anyway so why is this still not making sense?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I dont see why Turkey cant fight it's own battles, they did just that during the first world war and any historical books you read on Gallipoli and Suvla bay say they fought like Lions. Surely they've not turned all Julian Clary on us in the past hundred years..?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Quick point, about 2 years ago we shut down our operation in southern turkey, I know for a fact because folks form my unit were there packing up everything... I got to goto the desert... I think I got jobbed on that one.

It takes time politically to get a base reopened once its shut down, all kinds of contracts have to be negotiated before you can put bodies back into a base, got to make sure the local economy gets paid.

I don't like it but that's the way it is.. and once again the Kurds get screwed.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExSmokerYes

Check This Out

Turkey says to US, we don't need your presence on Turkish soil, we got that covered.

ISIS attacks Kobani on border with Turkey. And attacks it good.

Turkey OKs US military presence on Turkish soil.

LLLLOOLL

As if ISIS does exactly what US wants, ISIS-CIA-eida.

I mean, is the rest of the world really that stupid and USA really that smart......I don't get it ?

US Covert means are never covered by the western media. There is a very good reason why special ops and special forces can not tell about thier objectives. They will end up like Snowden and be charged for treason against their own government. Snowden is not the only one who is being hunted for going Public With US covert ops.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Maybe because i'm hungry but when I read the title I took it literal. I thought that turkeys were actually getting based. LOL.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I remember questioning Turkey's dedication to fighting ISIS when Obama put his coalition together.... his coalition that is watching ISIS moving in on Baghdad now.
Everyone thought that Turkey was full on board with us.
Yeah... well?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Turkey is a member of NATO. There are multiple bases being used there for decades to bomb the crap out of the region. "Announcement" in press makes it sound like a new thing. The newest part is just anther invasion of another middle eastern country. By NATO… for humanitarian reasons, of course.

Blah, Blah.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Xeven

Turkey is a member of NATO. There are multiple bases being used there for decades to bomb the crap out of the region. "Announcement" in press makes it sound like a new thing. The newest part is just anther invasion of another middle eastern country. By NATO… for humanitarian reasons, of course.

Blah, Blah.

The fight against ISIS is not really a NATO war. Turkey dont have a obligation to NATO to support the fight against ISIS.

NATO by the US have only presented a request for their support. And got it in the end after a lot of pressure.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sauron the mighty has decreed I post this update here.......
www.cbc.ca...
My opine though short.......
Turkey is playing both sides in this fiasco.....

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
www.cbc.ca...

Well it does say in the link that:

On Sunday, U.S. defence officials said Turkey would let U.S. and coalition forces use its bases to launch attacks against ISIS, also known as Islamic State or ISIL.

If Turky state that there is noe deal, there is no deal. There probably never was. The US probably pulled a fast one.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
www.cbc.ca...

Now it looks like Turkey is still.... on board....?
Maybe...
NOT.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join