It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Chief Charles Bolden admits "there may be evidence of current life forms" on Mars.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

According to The Inquisitr on Oct. 11, Bolden admits that it is the space agency’s belief that life existed on Mars at one time and then he hesitated.

He went on to say with a bit of duress in his face that there may be evidence of current life forms.

This is huge news; why is this not being covered everywhere? It is no small thing that the chief of NASA stated there may be evidence of current life forms on Mars.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It was posted not too long ago

Thread

Although at least your thread title wasn't as misleading as the other

He who cannot be named has already showed us that Mars had a civilization living on it once upon a time

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Frankly, get back to me when you can show any kind of evidence.
NASA does this every other day, they tease "could be this, might be that, data suggests, we think we found" and so forth.
don't get me wrong, i think something like NASA is incredibly important.
But they need to stop teasing, or they will lose credibility and more importantly, the money in their already thin budget.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The article does make one wonder whether we're moving towards disclosure.

But it also makes one hark back to the days when you either had evidence, or you had no evidence.

To say there "might be" evidence repeats the problem.
edit on 13-10-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
To share the video, from link shared here about the other thread, despite being mis titled, shares what the NASA Chief is saying.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
The article does make one wonder whether we're moving towards disclosure.

But it also makes one hark back to the days when you either had evidence, or you had no evidence.

To say there "might be" evidence repeats the problem.

We've been moving towards "disclosure" since before I was born. Pretty insulting to think we are so feeble brained we can't accept the possibility that other ridiculously huge rocks can have things living on them.....crazy right.

If the truth needs to be given its most surely a lie.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I'm no NASA chief. I can say with absolute confidence that there are non-terrestrial intelligences.
There you go. Disclosure. Take it for what you will.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I'm no NASA chief. I can say with absolute confidence that there are non-terrestrial intelligences.
There you go. Disclosure. Take it for what you will.

Disclosure from the talking monkey. Where have I seen this before, wait don't tell me.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
There could be evidence , they just havent found any.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The recent "tank turret / anti aircraft gun" found on Mars is a good start. Has anyone been able to officially explain what it is?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Id guess its a rock.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
Frankly, get back to me when you can show any kind of evidence.
NASA does this every other day, they tease "could be this, might be that, data suggests, we think we found" and so forth.
don't get me wrong, i think something like NASA is incredibly important.
But they need to stop teasing, or they will lose credibility and more importantly, the money in their already thin budget.

I think you fail to understand two important aspects of this latest "tease." First, teasers are a major aspect of the game that moves toward the eventual goal of disclosure of admitting that other life is out there. It is an bold, calculated hint that ET life is not only "out there," but pretty damned close. But it is a double whammy in that he suggests current life on Mars. You are correct that NASA has used such tactics repeated, because it must do so because the official news must eventually come from a high government-connected source: NASA, ESA, etc.

The other aspect that you fail to grasp is that there are few shadings they can be manufactured to fill the gap between the old view that "humans are alone in the Universe" and the simple truth that UFOs are real and ET life has/does exists in abundance possibly even on Mars. Titian, etc., next door, within our solar system. That being two extremes being what they have to deal with, they must slowly build the case from the one to the other, black must become white. It is not exactly happenstance that the plain truth is that many areas of science has been encouraged and tasked to lead public acceptance toward this enlightenment. While is it true that military reasons (understandably earthly affairs) drives major parts of these investigations, the higher-minded driving force behind our "goals" in space, trips to the Moon, dreams of Mars, and the searches via equipment such as the Hubble, the Kepler, the comet/asteroid shots and many other "purely" scientific efforts are nothing more than educational efforts to acquaint humanity with a long denied but simple fact of the Universe. And you know what, while UFOs are still denied by government and Science, the program itself is working toward the final resolution for the public mind.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: craig732
www.examiner.com...

According to The Inquisitr on Oct. 11, Bolden admits that it is the space agency’s belief that life existed on Mars at one time and then he hesitated.

He went on to say with a bit of duress in his face that there may be evidence of current life forms.

This is huge news; why is this not being covered everywhere? It is no small thing that the chief of NASA stated there may be evidence of current life forms on Mars.

"There may be evidence of life on Mars...but Photoshop fixed that" said a truthful NASA chief.

Yeah so you can add a 10mpxl camera to a phone for Crystal clear pictures but you can't get anything better from the rovers?
Just adding the rovers take bloody good pictures of themselves up there.....

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What? He meant underground riverflows, or life in ice intself?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Check out the below listed YouTube Video about life on Mars.....Its there and thriving. The sundial type faces of these plants (or) animals is unmistakable and undeniable.....................

vqTPr0-q7bo&list=PLGmwOPqhektVa8V_1wUW2tqE-MEzxlv7L&index=167

Jim

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Maybe he and others have found some of the things some people have posted on the Mars anomalies thread here (or have seen the thread).

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think when he's talking about past/current life he's talking about bacteria or microbes - not civilisations.

It's obvious they've found something, but it's probably very difficult to absolutely confirm as it's not something they have a non-Earth frame of reference for.

Microbes or not, it's still profound news if true.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Comets from Jupiter could have provided the panspermia to create life and the asteroids impacting Mars and solar winds could have shot back into space building blocks for life to make it back to Earth.

4.5 billion years ago planets formed
3.5 to 4 billion years ago Mars completely loses atmosphere
3.6 billion years ago life forms on Earth

Maybe because Mars is closer to Jupiter and the asteroid belt, the concentration for the building blocks of life is more sustainable on a shorter trip to Mars, than comets or asteroids coming to Earth. So is it possible that early Mars was a better place to create life 4 billion years ago?

And because so, current life could still exist in the form of extremophiles in the soil, ice caps, or caves?

Or MAVEN will come back and tell us the Martian atmosphere lasted much longer than previously thought and maybe Curiosity finds evidence that contradicts the theory of oceans only lasting during the first 500,000 years of the planet's existence.

Also, what happened with ESA's Rosetta Stone comet chaser? Has it sent back anything than a few pictures?

Edit: NASA - MAVEN update Tuesday 10/14/14

NASA will host a news teleconference at 11 a.m. PDT (2 p.m. EDT) Tuesday, Oct. 14, to announce early science results from its Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution (MAVEN) mission.
Launched in November 2013, the spacecraft entered orbit around Mars on Sept. 21, completing an interplanetary journey of 10 months and 442 million miles (711 million kilometers). MAVEN is the first spacecraft devoted to exploring and understanding the Martian upper atmosphere to help scientists understand climate change over the Red Planet's history.

The teleconference participants are:
-- Elsayed Talaat, MAVEN program scientist at NASA Headquarters in Washington
-- Bruce Jakosky, MAVEN principal investigator at the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics at the University of Colorado, Boulder (CU-Boulder)
-- Mike Chaffin, Remote Sensing Team member at CU-Boulder
-- Justin Deighan, Remote Sensing Team member at CU-Boulder
-- Davin Larson, Solar Energetic Particles instrument lead at the University of California, Berkeley

edit on 13-10-2014 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What's amazing is how much divergent discussion is generated over a statement about something that is already fairly well-known and accepted by the scientific community. I'm looking at the posts in these two threads, and wondering why they were posted at all. There was no disclosure, no groundbreaking news, just a "popular science" kind of statement about what we already know, no doubt to promote the current future Mars missions.

All I can say is: jeeez!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
NASA chief, the pope, 2 years ago Medvedev. It is a time to make Disclosure. Don't understand why it is still delayed. The People were not ready? The People are perfectly ready after the era of "Star Wars". You can't have 100% approval unless you are Kim of North Korea. Somebody else stops it, not the fairy tales of people being not grown up to meet their space brothers. Not even religion stops it anymore, if the pope talks like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join