It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptology Books and Articles in PDF online

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Thank you for this, though the link is not working atm, 404 error.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Great, Thanks

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

The source

...and available for download as pdf's and in some cases showing a supporting website

Enjoy

[Mod Edit -- Thread has been stickied to the top of the forum for easy reference.]

Sadly it looks like this source is now behind a pay-to-play wall

i.imgur.com...

oeb.griffith.ox.ac.uk...

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Hello Hans,

It's good to see you again. It doesn't appear to be behind a pay wall if you look here. The site says the page was 'temporarily disabled' in March 2015 due to a bad link and will live again. It may be worth contacting the U of M to ask if they've forgotten to re-enable the page and links. It doesn't take two and half years to find and delete a bad link!

The world-wide-web is replete with links to Egyptological resources, and there are many pages of bibliography out there, of which the prime example is the Online Egyptological Bibliography. But as yet, none of the more systematic bibliographies are publishing links to the actual PDF files of books and articles which may be freely acquired online, although they may be collecting the URL references. This project attempts to go some way toward filling that gap.

Site Temporarily Disabled Due to Bad Link.

Notice: Bookmark this page, not the full list, as the file name may change.
The list uses standard Egyptological abbreviations for books and journals.

This project is a "work in progress", and is bound to contain errors and omissions. The document takes the form of one large HTML file with the data arranged by author; links to both the web page from which the file can be accessed and the PDF file for the document itself are given. Searching must be done using the Find function of your web browser. It may be possible to enhance this capability in the future, but much will depend on the reactions of internet users to this work.
Link as above.

The text above is quoted from the page and they are clear about the resources being open source on the internet. 'Bad link' suggests one of the sites hosting one or more PDFs was hacked to host malware. It looks like they disabled the links page entirely rather than removing the 'bad link.' I notice that none of the team who curated the website resources remain on staff. Here's the Department's telephone number from the site: IEAA office telephone: 901.678.2555

Good luck

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Howdy Kandinsky, good to read you again. I don't expect to be posting here much if at all.

Thanks for looking into how that might be corrected.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I've learned so much from you over the years that it's good to see you pass through even briefly.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I've learned so much from you over the years that it's good to see you pass through even briefly.

Thanks, sent you a PM, should become more active after I get some work stuff beaten to death.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sneakls85

the link is not working atm, 404 error

Try www.memphis.edu... .

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hooke

Try www.memphis.edu... .

You beat me to it!

They were aware that there were problems with the list and have recently revamped the web pages and sent out an announcement about it.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Hooke

Try www.memphis.edu... .

You beat me to it!

They were aware that there were problems with the list and have recently revamped the web pages and sent out an announcement about it.

Right up the street from me.
Once I win the lottery and can quit work, I'm thinking about going there to learn about all this crap.

Harte

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Thank you very much for the list.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
A new resource: Egyptology Books and Articles in PDF online

www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk...

There are 5,000 hard to fine, expensive to buy pieces of material here. Old and new research - enjoy

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Hooke

Thank you, found it here via the link.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join