It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Boss: ‘Life Did Exist On Mars, And May Have Life Now’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Dis this man Charles Bolden make a monumental gaff or is he trying to tell the truth in a round about way

[ “People always ask the question ‘Why Mars?’ Several reasons: One, Mars is very Earth-like, or least used to be Earth-like. It is a planet, a sister planet to Earth. It is the most likely planet in our solar system, um, that had life at one time… may have life now, and we feel can definitely sustain life.”

Got to post and run folk what do you think

www.inquisitr.com...
edit on 13/10/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I think it explains a lot. intrepid's out there theory on everything(nods to Doug Adams). That planet could have sustained life as we know it. Maybe we screwed it up once SO badly and some benevolent alien race said, "Let's give them a chance on the next planet to the sun." Then seeded us here.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5
Your (and the article's) title is misleading. Saying that Mars is the most likely planet in our solar system to have had life at one time (which is what he basically said, despite the somewhat awkward grammar), is not the same as saying that Mars had life. That Mars may harbour life right now is accepted by many astronomers, so it's not a secret or disclosure either.

"he hesitantly said there may be evidence of current life forms." - nope, he didn't say that. He said that there may be life and that they feel that Mars we feel can definitely sustain life.

I think the conspiracy crowd should stop reading their own meaning into other people's words. Are you folk interested in science and physical evidence, or only in speculation and accusations?
edit on 13-10-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

(post by OccamsRazor04 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

That did not sound like a gaff, and he did not actually say anything at all ground breaking, or new. We know that scientists and researchers have long pointed out the similarities between Mars, and our own planet, we know that many have long believed that there was once liquid water in vast proportions, many of them suspected there might have been life there at one time, and may be some now (although it is likely to be of the microbial variety, if it is to be found at all), and of all the structures in our Solar System, other than our own planet, it is the most capable of sustaining life.

None of this is REMOTELY new, nor is it suggestive of any paradigm shattering secret knowledge!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I say, in the tight circles of science, those in the know believe in the research already done on martian meteorites that have been analyzed on Earth. They are not going to officially say anything as a group, until they are ready. You couple the research done by those that worked on ALH84001, NWA 7034 , (Nakhla and the list goes on...) with the discoveries now going on about how Mars had oceans, lakes and rivers.... Guess what is about to come out. I give it about another month or two.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
You don't even need anyone to confirm it (not that he did as everyone pointed out)..

First mission to mars confirmed chemical signatures for life, and we already found worm like fossils in the Mars' rocks (amongst other fossil organisms). What more do you need?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
You don't even need anyone to confirm it (not that he did as everyone pointed out)..

First mission to mars confirmed chemical signatures for life, and we already found worm like fossils in the Mars' rocks (amongst other fossil organisms). What more do you need?

Chemical signatures can be explained by non-biological processes and a 2nd test for life on that same mission failed to find it.

Fossils in the rocks have alternative explanations as well.

So I imagine you would need something that points to life, without being easily explained away without the need for life.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I think it explains a lot. intrepid's out there theory on everything(nods to Doug Adams). That planet could have sustained life as we know it. Maybe we screwed it up once SO badly and some benevolent alien race said, "Let's give them a chance on the next planet to the sun." Then seeded us here.

I think this sums it up nicely.
Yes we did screw it up.
And we're about to do the same here, I think, but who am I ????
I think that the "mars" question is obvious.
tetra

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Dis this man Charles Bolden make a monumental gaff or is he trying to tell the truth in a round about way

Your the one that made the monumental gaff...

"most likely"

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I clicked but the lights won't turn on. Is anyone here? Hello? *scratches head*

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

I think the conspiracy crowd should stop reading their own meaning into other people's words. Are you folk interested in science and physical evidence, or only in speculation and accusations?

Anyone who is a member here is part of "the conspiracy crowd"
You included.

Yes, you're one of us....

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Maybe he and others have found some of the same potential-fossils that people have found and pointed out on the Mars anomalies thread here (or they may have seen the thread itself). Hopefully he'll be interviewed about this quote further.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: wildespace

Anyone who is a member here is part of "the conspiracy crowd"
You included.

Yes, you're one of us....

One of us...
One of us...
One of us...

Ahem, sorry,

Obviously mars has evidence of life.
There are little rv car tracks all over the place.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I say, in the tight circles of science, those in the know believe in the research already done on martian meteorites that have been analyzed on Earth. They are not going to officially say anything as a group, until they are ready. You couple the research done by those that worked on ALH84001, NWA 7034 , (Nakhla and the list goes on...) with the discoveries now going on about how Mars had oceans, lakes and rivers.... Guess what is about to come out. I give it about another month or two.

You're about the last person on the planet that this news hasn't reached, so don't pride yourself on your exclusive insights. The most mind-blowing aspect of the plausible suggestion of life first on Mars is that scientists now accept the plausibility of spores spreading via impact ejection of rocks, to Earth, and growing there before any native forms had sprung up. It's controversial, it's exciting, it's never been secret except to folks in self-imposed intellectual isolation in UFO subcultures.

Come on OUT!!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: misscurious
You should work for the sun or daily mail.. you would fit right in with your twisted title.. which is complete nonsense.

It's really annoying when I waste my time clicking on threads like this

misscurious thank you for suggesting i should be a Journalist

It's really annoying when I waste my time clicking on threads like this

a ] God made TIME and plenty off it ,what you do with it is your business ,

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Our Earth -Moon pairing is the most puzzling in the universe Intrepid almost by design maybe we are in some form of Petri dish experiment , but it does seem that we are protected by some benevolent entity , when you read about our planet being moved The idea that the Earth was under the sway of different planets at different ages is also the teaching of the Pythagoreans, the Magi, Gnostic sects and other secret societies.

The gnostic sect of the Mandaeans taught in its holy book Sidra Rabba that the history of mankind is composed of seven epochs, that these epochs were terminated by catastrophes, and that one of the planets ruled in each epoch

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
this is a really huge story
it must be insane to know about an advanced civilization living 'right next door' and not being able to say a word about it to the public !
what else have they seen, 'alien' spaceships ?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

What?

Did you read the thread, or any of its contents carefully?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join