It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead - Season 5

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
WOW that was intense! Im so happy how that episode ended and im really glad that the episode didn't slowly drag along like alot of the last few episodes of last season did, it was full of action and no boring bits thats what i used too love about the show that they kind of slowed down on in the last couple seasons they really need too keep that up! I think that episode would have been a awesome season finale for last season though rather than making us wait soooooo long! Ugh those scenes with Judith made me hold my breathe i know its not real but i get so sad when i see her in danger! And OMG Carol is awesome she has always been one of my favourites but man she is so hardcore!

Can't wait for the next episode!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Carol is such a badass.
And the reunion at the end really had the tears goin'.
Very curious to see what happens next. Also, I love that it's following more closely to the comics, as they are introducing someone new next week.

Also, was that Morgan at the end of the episode? How awesome is that?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My thoughts:

-Best episode in a LONG time. Had my heart pounding, which is tough to accomplish.

-Carol is my hero, and Melissa McBride is a pretty darn talented actress to be able to pull of the range that she has since the show's pilot.

-The scene with the drain troughs....holy crap.....

-Anyone else catch what was going on with the crazy guy in the train car that Glenn made them let out? I thought it was a GREAT way to tie the entire story together.

-I love that they are basically one big group of badasses now. Everyone can hold their own.

-LOVED what they teased after the credits.

I have thoughts about what might happen in the upcoming season, but Ill reserve them for now.
edit on 13-10-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

-Anyone else catch what was going on with the crazy guy in the train car that Glenn made them let out? I thought it was a GREAT way to tie the entire story together.

I couldnt understand what the guy was saying. Was he from an earlier episode? I remember the blonde headed kid who was first to get his throat slashed from sometime in the previous season.

-LOVED what they teased after the credits.

That was really awesome. I have a feeling he's going to be a big badass sometime in future episodes.

I have thoughts about what might happen in the upcoming season, but Ill reserve them for now.

I've heard a few rumors, but that's about it.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

I couldnt understand what the guy was saying. Was he from an earlier episode? I remember the blonde headed kid who was first to get his throat slashed from sometime in the previous season.

**FAIR WARNING**
If you havent seen the ep yet, stop reading.

The guy was the same guy who, at the flashback at the end, was torturing Gareth and his family/friends in the traincar. The one who told them it was not going to be ok.

Basically, the people of Terminus flipped the script and did exactly what he did to them, back to him.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I thought it was very good.

Sad that I have to wait to watch the next episode though. I had to get caught up and was watching all the missed episodes without commercials. It was kind of a annoyance to have to wait while some guy told me my shampoo was wrong and his was better just to get back to the gore/funfest.

Carol was awesome and I'm glad they are reunited, I watched Talking dead and liked all the hints and tidbits which explained much I had questions about regarding this last episode.

Sits on his hands till the next one

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I missed the first 10 min, did it explain why they are doing what they were to doing?
If it was more then what was explained/shown at the end that is
Feel free to u2u me to not spoil for the rest of the peeps

It was a great episode loved the chaos. But if I didn't read the comic's I might have missed that the people at terminus were cannibals. And yeah they didn't give a good reason why the cannibals were doing it. I like the reason they gave in the comic's. they said that they weren't good hunters and were bad at hunting animals and humans were easier to catch and were just at one point so hungry.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I am interested to see what they do with Morgan. the guy who plays him is a great actor.

"Clear" one of the best episodes ever

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Go Carol! I loved the season premiere so much! I thought S4 was kind of dull, but glad to see them turn it around. Glad I was told to stay tuned at the very end.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScribbledOnANotePad24
Go Carol! I loved the season premiere so much! I thought S4 was kind of dull, but glad to see them turn it around. Glad I was told to stay tuned at the very end.

It was sort of slow and boring, but the character development made S4 worth it for me.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
But if I didn't read the comic's I might have missed that the people at terminus were cannibals.

I fully expected BETH to be one of the burgers on the grill when spooky Mary greeted them.

They haven't been strictly following the comics. Rick and Andrea were supposed to get together but she ended up getting bit and shooting herself without hooking up with Rick.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: American-philosopher
But if I didn't read the comic's I might have missed that the people at terminus were cannibals.

I fully expected BETH to be one of the burgers on the grill when spooky Mary greeted them.

They haven't been strictly following the comics. Rick and Andrea were supposed to get together but she ended up getting bit and shooting herself without hooking up with Rick.

I've noticed that they are doing the comic stuff a bit out of order, and changing deaths between characters.
Lizzie and Mika didn't exist, but they took the place of the twins. Same storyline, different characters.
Andrea died, she was supposed to turn into a badass. And now here's Carol coming out of left field being a total badass. My point is, I think Carol is taking Andrea's place. Can't make everything EXACTLY like the comics, or else people will be able to guess easier what happens next. The creator/director did say in an interview though that they will be following closer to the comics from now on. Which means things are gonna start getting crazy, really quickly.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm going to start season 1tonight. I hope it is as sweet as everyone says..not a zombie fan for the most part but it does look kind of cool

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

You are starting with episode one tonight? Awesome! We'll talk to you again when you come up for air on Tuesday or Wednesday or so. Watching Walking Dead is like eating potato chips ... you can't eat just one potato chip and you can't watch just one episode of Walking Dead. Gotta' eat the whole bag of chips ... gotta' watch ALL of the Walking Dead.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I hope you are correct. Its getting cold and Ebola is near Cleveland so I need stuff to watch while I hibernate in safety. I put it off long enough. Gonna start it about 8. Will pop in tomorrow and give my verdict on the first couple episodes

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I need to check this show out. I keep hearing good things....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

It's got everything, Zombies, I uhmm, I mean Walkers, Guns, Cannibals, Backstabbing, Separations, Reunions, Guns, Swordplay, Plot Twists, Guns. Good guys/gals, Bad guys/gals, there's even a Baby

Did I mention there were Guns?

ETA: There's even a crossbow, if you're into that sort of thing.
edit on 17-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Hummmmm someone is being sneaky here, has avatar of a character from show but needs to check it out...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Don't tell anyone but I live a city or two from where they usually film and have watched the show since episode one.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It was a great episode to start the season.

I think Rick is going to lose leadership of the group to Carol because Darryl will tip the balance in favor of Carol. Darryl is very close to her. Darryl doesn't love Carol, but he respects her. There was no sign of a kiss when he first seen her after she was sent adrift by Rick. Once the group finds out what Rick did to Carol, they will replace Rick as leader with Carol. And what Rick had done to Carol will cause a rift in the friendship between he and Darryl.

I like "Z Nation" better because there is some form of hope of reconstruction in Citizen Z. He represents some form of a gov't structure/order. At least, they have a laugh at their predicament in "Z Nation" in the character of "Doc". The characters of the WD never share a moment of laughter together. The character of "10K" is a brooding one, but his sniping skills are a necessity in a zombie apocalypse.

The Waking Dead has the makings of a great season. If I was director, I'd film one episode in a "Sin City" style to give it a comic-book look and to shut the WD comic-book fanboys up.
edit on 17-10-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: correct grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join