It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Be Enlightened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This guy, GoldJacketLuke, makes a lot of videos on his channel regarding things like, enlightenment and what life is about and all that. He makes good points in all his videos. If you're into philosophy or just another person's perspective on life, you should check him out.

edit on 12-10-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Enlightenment is a personal process, no one can tell you what to do to become "enlightened". It comes when you least expect it, so if you're waiting for it to come then it won't.

I don't expect this guy will help too many people become enlightened because, like i said, it's a personal process. He may get people to believe they are but that doesn't exactly nean they are.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Perhaps. I mean i don't believe his word like christians believe in the bible. But letting his words bounce around in my head have changed my outlook on life for the better.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
how to be enlightened......

1) follow no guru...

2) meditate.

eventually you will get there whether in this life or many more...

if you believe in enlightenment, you probably believe in the buddha to some degree or another....these were exactly what he did....simple as that.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Enlightenment is just another trap set by the elite, don't fall for it.

The purpose behind it is to steer you away from the truth.

Enlightenment, illumination, and ascension are all counterfeits.

The genuine is connecting with and walking with God (from the root meaning of the word religion).

This is TPTB's primary focus, to keep you from finding the truth.

Best way I have found to learn about this is by studying the lives of those who have seen and experienced firsthand both the counterfeit and the genuine.

Three good examples:

Ex-sorcerer Ian Clayton, former occult Grand Master Lyke Uzorma, ex-witch Ana Mendez.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
IMHO Enlightnement isn't a destination or something that is attainable. To every person it is something different, there is no concrete definition of what enlightenment is and I feel like searching and striving for the idea of enlightenment is a waste of time. It's about the journey, taking experiences and finding teachings from them to better yourself and to help our fellow man. If people can maintain the drive that got them started on the path to enlightenment without becoming consumed with finding it, I think the would be alright.

Mindful observation

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
'Enlightenment' is all about realizing what has always been there, just outside of ones own personal perspective. Its a process, as so many say. More specifically, it is seeing that process through continually renewed eyes.

The entire topic is laden with irony.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I watched the video, and I can agree with some of the things he said. But I've also heard others say similar things and I can't help but feel that their entire premise is just a fancy way of teaching positivity, or positive thinking.

Such thinking can have a profound effect on people, but I would hesitate to call it "enlightenment".

Side note: This guy has a serious nervous tick. I tend to pay attention to posture and body movement, and his hands are fricken annoying.
edit on 10/13/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I agree in one way or the other on the every above post in this thread.

But this one by Serdgiam was very well put. Not that the others weren't, but this one stood out to me:

originally posted by: Serdgiam
'Enlightenment' is all about realizing what has always been there, just outside of ones own personal perspective. Its a process, as so many say. More specifically, it is seeing that process through continually renewed eyes.

The entire topic is laden with irony.

top topics

join