It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Reaches a Milestone of His Presidency

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: buster2010

obama has beat everybody, including bush and clinton.

Our president vacations a lot — we’re talking $44,351,777.12 worth of “a lot,” with most expenses charged to the American taxpayer.
As of March 2014, Obama has spent more time traveling internationally than any other president, taking 31 trips since assuming office in 2009. The 119 days spent overseas have cost taxpayers millions of dollars.
At the same point in their respective presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 116 days on 28 trips, Bill Clinton had spent 113 days on 27 trips and Ronald Reagan had spent 73 days on just 14 trips.
In 2010, Obama flew aboard Air Force One 172 times, nearly every other day. Just the cost of flying aboard Air Force One to Obama’s hometown of Chicago reportedly hovers around $180,000 per hour.
In addition to all of his international travel, the president spends a significant amount of time traveling with his family. The Obama family has taken vacations to exclusive beaches in New England, private clubs in Key Largo and, of course, luxurious beaches in Hawaii.

search engines are your friends.

Where is your link? Who's "facts and comparisons" are these?

And the cost of the war was not included in Bush's expenses. I wonder what else wasn't.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Wow, very emotionally charged post, not much fact to it about the people dying tho.

Obama can't stop mother nature, and disease is mother nature rearing her ugly head.

This country has been in decline since loooong before obama, he hasn't done much to stop it, but hardly deserves all the credit.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Our president vacations a lot — we’re talking $44,351,777.12 worth of “a lot,” with most expenses charged to the American taxpayer.
As of March 2014, Obama has spent more time traveling internationally than any other president, taking 31 trips since assuming office in 2009. The 119 days spent overseas have cost taxpayers millions of dollars.
At the same point in their respective presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 116 days on 28 trips, Bill Clinton had spent 113 days on 27 trips and Ronald Reagan had spent 73 days on just 14 trips.
In 2010, Obama flew aboard Air Force One 172 times, nearly every other day. Just the cost of flying aboard Air Force One to Obama’s hometown of Chicago reportedly hovers around $180,000 per hour.
In addition to all of his international travel, the president spends a significant amount of time traveling with his family. The Obama family has taken vacations to exclusive beaches in New England, private clubs in Key Largo and, of course, luxurious beaches in Hawaii.

search engines are your friends.

Where is your link? Here's mine.
Who took more vacation -- George W. Bush or Barack Obama?

CBS White House reporter Mark Knoller is the unofficial but widely trusted chronicler of data on presidential travels and other day-to-day White House goings-on, so we turned to his calculations.
On Aug. 8, 2014, Knoller tweeted that Obama had taken 19 vacations totaling 125 days so far while in office. Those numbers have risen a bit due to the Martha’s Vineyard vacation, but that’s still many fewer than George W. Bush’s 65 combined trips to his Texas ranch and his parents’ home in Kennebunkport, Maine, which totaled 407 days at the same point in his presidency.
Not included in this data are trips to the Camp David presidential retreat in western Maryland, which Knoller doesn’t count as "vacation." Knoller told Yahoo! News that, through Aug. 12, 2014, Obama had made 33 visits to Camp David for all or part of 84 days, while Bush had been there 108 times for all or part of 341 days.
As we’ve noted previously, the unique security concerns for the president mean that he and his family can’t simply head out on the road and plop down at a Motel 6. And all presidents have to be accessible for consultation and decision-making even if they’re on vacation. As Knoller tweeted, a president "is never really on ‘vacation.’ The job and responsibilities go with him wherever he is."

Face Bush spent way more time on vacation. By the looks of it Bush acted like the White House was his vacation spot.

edit on 12-10-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Oh look, www.prisonplanet.com... is your source!

That means it is probably not true.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Nero fiddled, Obama golfed. A typical ruler who's out of touch with the world.

Bush only played 24 times. Not that he was any better.

August 2014: Obama Golfs 186 Times, Outpacing Bush's 24

Omg that is classic that breitbart is comparing him to bush, as they are champions of the "leave bush out of this" in talks of barry

The absolute horror. Breitbart is the source. Honestly two party politics is food for fools, and America is bloated. Now since my search engine didn't link me to more PC friendly sources as you can see:

I had no choice but to use the hated Breitbart. So as Breitbart is controlled like all forms of media and entertainment and the numbers are accurate in the article, what's the difference? Don't shoot the messenger because you disagree.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

A very, very biased source.
I agree with you about the two party politics thing, but breitbart would be the all you can eat buffet for one side.

Nothing against you

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Oh look, www.prisonplanet.com... is your source!

That means it is probably not true.

And their source was the Daily Caller. You notice it says that much in travel not on vacations.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
You are joking right?

Not at all. The only way it could be any better is if the golf course was located on another planet.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Wow, very emotionally charged post, not much fact to it about the people dying tho.

Obama can't stop mother nature, and disease is mother nature rearing her ugly head.

This country has been in decline since loooong before obama, he hasn't done much to stop it, but hardly deserves all the credit.

Fact is he has done nothing at all to stop it.

He knowingly sent children with Enterovirus all over the US, the border patrol agents quite clearly told the Obama administration of the risk. Now children are coming down paralyzed, dying suddenly, and adults are dying from the Enterovirus that came from the children who came through the borders from South America.

Now he has lied repeatedly to the American public on how contagious Ebola is and it's chances of coming to the USA. He refused to stop non-citizens from Ebola countries from coming into the US until the outbreak ends, something dictators in countries in Africa have the good sense to do.

The CDC is under his control and their protocol for health care workers in the us doesn't even include the use of a disposable hazmat suit.

I'd say if, as is now likely, a plague of Ebola starts in the US, it can be laid squarely at his feet for all of his inaction and poor judgement

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It's a biased source I agree, but given my circumstances you can see how I only had them to use. I have confirmed the numbers from other sources though.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It seems Obama’s greatest failure was in not maintaining the lie that he was any different from any other president since Kennedy.

He is an ordinary Joe minus.

Something I knew was the case since the presidents after Kennedy have all been puppets of the first order.

Obama is just going through the motions now and will not do anything above and beyond nothing.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

So what he needs to commission a magic wall that will keep all people that might have this disease that to this date has only 2 confirmed cases in our nation?
He can't control what happens in other countries, but there is nothing to stop as it stands in the US
Do your self a favor and look up how many people have died to the the flu this year.
Its easily over 100 people. This is the bird flu all over again.

People die from disease, its the facts of life, no one man can not prevent that.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Funny. Bush gets blamed for Katrina.

Just sayin'

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I don't doubt that the numbers may be accurate, just found it funny they are comparing bush to barry, something they seem to be 100% against in almost every real issue out there.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Not FOR Katrina - for the mishandling of the aftermath FROM Katrina. And frankly I don't blame Bush. I blame Government in general for leading us to believe they were more than prepared to deal with such disasters only to prove that the money that supposedly went into disaster preparedness apparently actually went for the Congressional booze budget.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Not FOR Katrina - for the mishandling of the aftermath FROM Katrina. And frankly I don't blame Bush. I blame Government in general for leading us to believe they were more than prepared to deal with such disasters only to prove that the money that supposedly went into disaster preparedness apparently actually went for the Congressional booze budget.

Fair enough. Bush gets blamed for the aftermath.

So Obama gets the blame/credit for Ebola?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yet another BS thread that does nothing but pull ATS in to the gutter a little bit more.

I cannot wait until Obama is out office. I don't even like the guy or his policies and it seems like I spend most my time defending him against lunacy.

Maybe I should go hang with the UFO abductee folks.......they seems to be saner.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Get back to us when there is an actual aftermath of it.

As is it stands, there is nothing to be put on him.
edit on thSun, 12 Oct 2014 18:40:16 -0500America/Chicago1020141680 by Sremmos80 because: wow some serious typos

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
DP
edit on thSun, 12 Oct 2014 18:39:10 -0500America/Chicago1020141080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join