It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe there's a future on Earth?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

originally posted by: badgerprints
People have children,
so that they can grow up and wonder why people have children.

I think people have children for the greediest of reasons. They want someone to take care of them in their old age. Either that or they have no concept of birth control.

We do not need more people.

People have always done that.
It's found in nature as well.
The species is hardwired to propagate.
The problem is not that we need fewer people.
It is that we need more self supporting people that aren't parasites.

Too bad politics has short circuited natural selection.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introspectionist

I have two kids that bring joy into my life and the world. It's your biological imperative to reproduce, it kind of completes you gives a form of reassurance that your genetic material will continue after you depart this Earthly plain. You sound rather angry at the universe buddy. Keep in mind that hope spring's eternal.

edit on 12-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Stop watching the news and stay off ATS for a while. See some family, plan a trip, catch up with some friends, start an exercise routine so you can run away from the zombies when they chase you (just kidding about the zombies not about the exercise routine though
).

It is proven that people who read the news all the time are more miserable.

The world ain't over till the fat lady signs.

God made a very resilient planet with resilient beings on it. Don't despair, that is what they want you to do.

I just got my first child, it is a miracle. I hope you will live this someday!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm thinking its just you....and I'm guessing you have a few issues with yourself, rt? The rest of us wants to at least get by with some kind of hopes n dreams....

But, you've got the right to not have or see any hope like most of the world....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The world has been a mess for a long time, this is nothing new. It was a mess long before our generation was even though of and it will be a mess for a long time after we leave.

Anyone who wants children must be blind.

I am unable to have children but if I could look in to the eyes of a child that my husband and I brought in to the world, I would. There's is nothing wrong with wanting and having children, responsibly.

Having a lot of children is irresponsible, IMO but people wanting to have children, that's natural, not blind.

We are a virus. If there is any hope it's not in the material plane.

I've often wondered about this very thing. If you look at satelitte images, our cities look like wounds on Mother Earth. It's an interesting theory.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I feel the same in a very deep and large way. I see us as biological bags of bacteria that just take and our egos are so filled with self-interest. I've felt for a long time now that people making less than 100k a year need to consciously choose to not have children to spare them from a lifetime of frustration and poverty related doom. Yet, young people are dumb when it comes to realizing the impact they're having on the child born into the situation.

People will rationalize whatever they have to get whatever they think they want at the time.

I see no way of survival for the human race in the long run and it's honestly probably for the best. I don't believe there is anything beyond the material plane anymore.
It's gotten to the point where a new building is put up and I imagine it crumbled and rotting where it stands eventually as there is no long term hope for any activity made by humans. I see my own life as a daily mix of biological needs that will someday evaporate with nothing ever to remain.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints
People have children,
so that they can grow up and wonder why people have children.

I think people have children for the greediest of reasons. They want someone to take care of them in their old age. Either that or they have no concept of birth control.

We do not need more people.

While I agree that we do not need more people... I have to disagree with the fact that most people have kids to have someone to take care of them in their old age.

I hope beyond hope that I leave this world long before my daughter ever has to wipe my arse for any reason. I want her to move away from here when she graduates so she will have a shot at a better life, and a better job. Will I miss her? Absolutely... But it is her life and I want her to have everything she possibly can and not be held back because she doesn't want to leave mom and dad.

I never, ever want her to have to take care of me or worry about me. I know my mom feels the same way. Most parents I know of do. There are some like you speak of, but I don't think they are the majority.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
People of your view must be either blind, or not have suffered a lot, or they have a psychological defense mechanism of self-delusion that serves to maintain their world-view which is nothing but a house of cards, similar to groupthink. In that case people are afraid of death. They're afraid of looking too closely at the truth, looking Satan straight in the eyes. So they're deluding themselves that white is black and black is white. When really death ought to be desired and life ought to be avoided. If you ask death I might be the one with a hopeful vision, and you the hopeless.

Neo: Are there other programs like you?

The Oracle: Oh, well, not like me. But... look, see those birds? At some point a program was written to govern them. A program was written to watch over the trees, and the wind, the sunrise, and sunset. There are programs running all over the place. The ones doing their job, doing what they were meant to do, are invisible. You'd never even know they were here. But the other ones, well, we hear about them all the time.

Neo: I've never heard of them.

The Oracle: Oh, of course you have. Every time you've heard someone say they saw a ghost, or an angel. Every story you've ever heard about vampires, werewolves, or aliens, is the system assimilating some program that's doing something they're not supposed to be doing.

Neo: I suppose the most obvious question is, how can I trust you?

The Oracle: Bingo. It is a pickle. No doubt about it. The bad news is there's no way you can really know whether I'm here to help you or not, so it's really up to you. You just have to make up your own damned mind to either accept what I'm going to tell you, or reject it.
The Matrix Reloaded

To worship life is to worship the creation, not the Creator. You are materialists. Idolaters. Worshippers of the Demiurge. Satanists. Sinners. Agents in The Matrix. Proles in Nineteen Eighty-Four. Cowards. "Useful idiots". (no disrespect)
edit on 041031Mon, 13 Oct 2014 00:04:14 -0500201414pAmerica/Chicago2014-10-13T00:04:14-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Its about 50/50 man. It just depends on which part you focus on. It might appear to be much more than 50% "evil/bad/misery/suffering" because that is what 90% of our available media focuses on. The bad stuff is more interesting, more dramatic... but that does not mean good things are not happening.

Sometimes even things that appear to be bad, or are bad at first, end up being good things. Necessary things. Even if civilization is about to reset, that could lead to things that could be perceived as "good". And we should definitely always continue trying to enjoy life, loving others, and procreating.

They say there has been at least one extinction in the past where only about 10,000 humans that survived... imagine how bad things must have been. If they had just said "screw it", and stopped procreating, we would not be here today. I guess they figured if they were gonna go out, they would go out having a little "fun"... Either that or there were a lot of rapes occuring by a bunch of maniacs in a post apocalyptic environment...

I prefer to think humanity came together in a final gesture of love as all material worries went out the window and people began to be themselves as they truely had nothing to lose so they were finally honest with eachother, and themselves... probably one of the most beautiful moments in the history of mankind. I'm looking forward to it.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: introspectionist
a reply to: watchitburn

Yeah but I still think that anyone who wants children must not have suffered a lot, anyone who loves anyone also.

I have suffered... alot. I when I think back on everything I have survived, I have a hard time believing it. My life is what happens to people in stories not in real life... I have complex PTSD as a result.

I also want more children more than anything, even after experiencing the loss of my children and knowing how unexpectedly it can happen and the fact that in happen in the blink of an eye.

I want them because I can't handle life not being a mother, because caring for another human being, to nurture them and guide them is the only thing in life I ever felt truly passionate about and it was stolen from me.

Raising kind, loving, caring people who pay attention to what is going on the world, and act to make a difference for the next generation is my contribution to the world to help make it a better place.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

To worship life is to worship the creation, not the Creator.

Ahhh, but did the Creator not bestow the creation (us) with the ability to create for itself?
edit on 13-10-2014 by MoonBlossom because: Word Change

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

My heart breaks for you, every day I struggle to cope with the agony and grief in the center of my chest that threatens to drown me at every waking hour, yet I see more hope than you do. For months on end staying alive has been far more work than giving up and taking a blade to my wrist for the second time and making sure I do it right this time so I can join my children, yet I can still see the beauty in this world and the goodness of others.

It seems to me that you are so blinded by a little evil you can't see the abundance of good.

edit on 13-10-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Everything is falling apart it always has and always will be, the idea is not to cling to anything in life. The universe will eventually die, so don't cling to anyone or anything. I wouldn't worry about it too much or do worry about it, it's up to you. Have a nice day
edit on 13-10-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Money should have nothing to do with having children, all through its obviously a factor to consider in this day of age.

Money is nothing more than a control construct, specifically tailored to keep in place the status quo and retard peoples ability to freely choose to do as they please rather than work all there days for a pittance only to be told as they approach old age, they are no longer required, its time to retire, here is a cheap watch, now kindly have the decency to arse off and die.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

People of your view must be either blind, or not have suffered a lot, or they have a psychological defense mechanism of self-delusion that serves to maintain their world-view which is nothing but a house of cards, similar to groupthink. In that case people are afraid of death. They're afraid of looking too closely at the truth, looking Satan straight in the eyes. So they're deluding themselves that white is black and black is white. When really death ought to be desired and life ought to be avoided. If you ask death I might be the one with a hopeful vision, and you the hopeless.

Neo: Are there other programs like you?

The Oracle: Oh, well, not like me. But... look, see those birds? At some point a program was written to govern them. A program was written to watch over the trees, and the wind, the sunrise, and sunset. There are programs running all over the place. The ones doing their job, doing what they were meant to do, are invisible. You'd never even know they were here. But the other ones, well, we hear about them all the time.

Neo: I've never heard of them.

The Oracle: Oh, of course you have. Every time you've heard someone say they saw a ghost, or an angel. Every story you've ever heard about vampires, werewolves, or aliens, is the system assimilating some program that's doing something they're not supposed to be doing.

Neo: I suppose the most obvious question is, how can I trust you?

The Oracle: Bingo. It is a pickle. No doubt about it. The bad news is there's no way you can really know whether I'm here to help you or not, so it's really up to you. You just have to make up your own damned mind to either accept what I'm going to tell you, or reject it.
The Matrix Reloaded

To worship life is to worship the creation, not the Creator. You are materialists. Idolaters. Worshippers of the Demiurge. Satanists. Sinners. Agents in The Matrix. Proles in Nineteen Eighty-Four. Cowards. "Useful idiots". (no disrespect)

Is this Talladega Nights? You can't just spew all of that and so "no disrespect". That's not quite the way it works. Saying "no disrespect" after you have clearly said some pretty disrespectful things is passive aggressive. It's also passive aggressive to say all of that and not put a name to your post, so nobody knows quite who you're talking about because it appears that you could be talking about most of us who posted.

There is nothing materialistic in seeing the beauty in the world around you. You can not own the sunset, but you can find the beauty in the way it dips below the horizon exactly how it's supposed to day in and day out. What is cowardly and materialistic about finding beauty in a child's innocence? Something that is pure and untouched by the jaded business of life?

The world was created for us. To appreciate what you see and how it works is as far away from idolatry and satanism as you can get. It is showing respect and appreciation for the creation. When you find beauty in people, it is the same. You were created for more than misery, bitterness, despair, and loathing.

The people who have posted here (myself included) are in no way delusional or blind to what we see around us. Every post here has in fact... Admitted that there is some pretty nasty, evil stuff that goes on. Acknowledging that there is more than that, does not cancel out those admissions or make them disappear. What it does do, is acknowledge that life is still worth living and people are still worth having faith in.

Like Calstorm above, I have had suffering in my life. I have lost a child myself. That is a pain that stays with you for the rest of your days. That is a pain that you wonder if you'll have the strength to draw your next breath when the memories blindside you day in and day out. There is no greater pain or suffering that a mother will ever go through.

I have found myself in the pit you appear to be residing in more than once in my lifetime. Sometimes it does seem that the world is the most shiite place you could ever imagine and that any good that may have been left... jumped ship a long time ago. I get that feeling. Sometimes you get so disgusted, you dread waking up to it day after day. I get it. Perception is reality. I get that too.

When there is no real hope left in this world, it will cease to exist all together. We will annihilate each other without a care once we let the evil that does exist here take hold in our hearts, forcing out the hope and goodness that has prevented it thus far.

And I sincerely mean no disrespect. You have a bleak outlook on life and everything around you and I hope (yes, I know how you feel about that) that you can find some tiny thing to take joy in soon one day. I can't imagine waking up day after day and finding no good in myself or anyone around me.

edit on 10/13/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Some people just don't get it.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Some people just don't get it.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I stand by what I said in another thread; only those labelled mentally disordered can be truly spiritual.
edit on 071031Tue, 14 Oct 2014 23:07:20 -0500201420pAmerica/Chicago2014-10-14T23:07:20-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It amazes me how people think there are political solutions to this mess. People actually want to have children, another thing that amazes me. To me this place is finished. There's no hope of a political solution of any kind. This is going nowhere but down. We are a virus. If there is any hope it's not in the material plane. Anyone who wants children must be blind.

Yes you are a virus to the rest of us thinking that way.

You have another thread asking if anybody else is isolated and describe a very depressing situation in the OP but didn't really get into it or what might have caused it, will read the thread after posting this post before posting anymore.

Sorry to throw your negativity back onto you but you need a wake up and maybe someone to discuss things with.

Could you elaborate what mess you are talking about and why or what political solutions have to do with the mess?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn

Yeah but I still think that anyone who wants children must not have suffered a lot, anyone who loves anyone also.

Or the complete opposite.

Why was it after world war 2 there was a baby boom, was it because those that experienced the war didn't suffer a lot or suffered more than you can imagine and were happy the world didn't end so wanted to have as many children to make up for millions lost on all fronts.

I think you have never experience love, actually I know to say such a thing you haven't.

Love will touch you and all this nonsense and darkness clouding your mind will explode with a shining light and you will have such a smile on your face knowing how wrong you were in the past and how life has so much more to offer not just you but everything you love and come to discover with your new found love.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join