It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with Ebola-like symptoms isolated outside Braintree hospital - Massachusetts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

"interesting" isn't quite how i would characterize this...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm concerned about this Ebola thing. I'm from the Braintree area originally and have lots of friends & family out there. I'm concerned, superstitiously, because of the 2014 cube added to the Georgia Guidestones in September (then subsequently removed). Get your immune systems up people, there's a smell in the air I really don't like. Also, Massachusetts has some pretty crazy laws about mandatory vaccinations in emergencies.

Is this another false alarm? H1N1? SARS? Could be. But the confluence of ISIS in the Middle East, our open borders in the south, Enterovirus, Ukraine & Russia... they're stacking up the crises on us. My spidey-senses are up. Live your life with meaning, and speak your heart to people - the world may change rather fast. I'm gonna start making colloidal silver - I heard that may help. Watching with interest and concern.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Article from the Boston Globe:

BRAINTREE — A man who recently visited Liberia is being assessed in a Boston hospital for a possible infection by the deadly Ebola virus, but physicians think he is at “extremely low” risk, health officials said Sunday.

“This patient does not appear to meet CDC criteria to be considered someone at high risk for Ebola and the likelihood. . . is extremely low,” said Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center officials in a statement. “The patient will remain in isolation as we continue to evaluate and monitor the patient’s condition.”

Full article here

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I am a resident of Braintree, MA. Needless to say, it is a scary thing in your backyard, however I have the utmost trust that this is the way that we isolate this bastard of a disease. People need to think on the fly and react when the circumstances warrant, and that is what was done here at the Harvard/Vanguard facility. That person did not get out of the parking lot.

We all need to calm down a bit and give those that are charged with protecting the countries involved, our utmost support. There is really nothing else you can do.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

We all need to calm down a bit and give those that are charged with protecting the countries involved, our utmost support.

No offense, but if you were down here in Dallas watching this fiasco unfold with the CDC lies and waffling around of excuses and blatant negligence

You wouldnt be saying that...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

We all need to calm down a bit and give those that are charged with protecting the countries involved, our utmost support.

No offense, but if you were down here in Dallas watching this fiasco unfold with the CDC lies and waffling around of excuses and blatant negligence

I do not know how this will unfold here as well, but look at it from the 10k ft view... this is new territory for everyone. If there was no control at all, there would be a lot more people in the hospital. They are the one's charged with stopping it and certainly have their own internal troubles doing it. I would not want to be one of those people in hazmat suits, and I have to trust that they are doing what they can.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
a reply to: Staroth
Wasn't Braintree the name of the town in The Stand?
Pretty sure it was.

Just checked the Wiki.
Braintree Texas.
Curious

Yep, first thing I thought as well..

It's weird how the first case was in Dallas, Tx, about 200 miles ne of Arnett, Tx. (Arnette Tx, apparently doesn't actually exist)

Now Braintree, MA, whereas in the movie was the neighboring town in Tx..

**Listens to Don't Fear the Reaper** M-o-o-n that spells Don't Fear the Reaper!

Has captain Tripps arrived??? Good thing I'm in Colorado!! (ColoRAYdo..)

Seriously though, this is getting crazy..
edit on 13-10-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Who cares who they are, just take/kidnap any 2 people and run the experiment. It could save thousands of lives...a drop in the bucket in the long run. Hospice would be good, parents or grandparents that aren't going to make it, see if they can catch ebola through the air. Publish the results and send it to the CDC and other health care professionals.

edit on 10/13/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
As flu season develops, this is going to get intense.

Don't you mean insane? If they would halt travel to hot zones, it would eliminate a lot of the problem.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Boston patient deemed unlikely to have Ebola virus

Doctors at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston concluded that the man, who recently visited Liberia and was complaining of a headache and body aches, “does not appear to meet CDC criteria to be considered someone at high risk for Ebola, and the likelihood of Ebola virus disease is extremely low,” according to a statement from the hospital.

Officials did not elaborate on the criteria. Hospital officials said the patient will remain in isolation as monitoring continues.

But they're not sure yet. Just "unlikely."

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Update with some interesting key points

(Reuters) - A man in Massachusetts who was being evaluated at a Boston hospital for a possible Ebola infection does not appear to have the deadly disease

Keep in mind "does not appear"

We are only at the stage where we are doing an assessment.

How does assessment and appearance prove this person does not have Ebola? I'm still keeping an eye on this story and will update accordingly. The thought has crossed my mind: are some of the scares really testing positive and they aren't telling the public? How would we ever know if they are tucked away in seclusion somewhere? Is that why Jenkins, Varga and the others looked so strange in the latest update video going around the net? This is all speculation but worth thinking about.
link
edit on 13-10-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
So true.

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
The time is right for someone on death row to redeem themselves before they meet their maker.

Take the nurse from Texas and put her into a room.
Put 2 men on death row into the same room, separate them all by a wall with holes in it.
Put a fan in the ladies room.

We need to find out if this sucker is airborne.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Um, no....kidnapping/infecting/testing bugs on people against their will is unethical. Probably the kind of crap that got us in this position to begin with.

a reply to: Turq1

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

This was the the argument on CNN yesterday, they are pondering the time that you have to go into quarantine, they simply do not understand this virus, I do not trust anything being propagated about it right now, because you have experts arguing and debating the facts and even questioning the original pathogenesis and transmission methods.
Like I said just think of how the flu or any other virus can spread quickly and most people really have no idea of how they got it, at least in Africa you have more open space and not so many office environments close to the regions where it first started.

Offices, churches, nightclubs, sports stadiums and possibly hospitals not following procedure seem to be perfect incubation points that we have here in great abundance where huge numbers of people are exposed to each other in confined areas, this is a different variable and like I mentioned in the other thread, what are the chances of paper money or coins being able to be a carrier?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I do not know how this will unfold here as well, but look at it from the 10k ft view... this is new territory for everyone. If there was no control at all, there would be a lot more people in the hospital. They are the one's charged with stopping it and certainly have their own internal troubles doing it. I would not want to be one of those people in hazmat suits, and I have to trust that they are doing what they can.

The fact of the matter is we dont know HOW out of control it is yet........

the gestation period at this point because it can be so long doesnt really give us an indicator.....

We will know in about a month just how in control of this they really are.......

This JUST hit US shores, there could be a wide number of people infected that just arent symptomatic yet.......its too soon to make that statement

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
For some one who doesn't appear to have Ebola, they sure are taking their sweet monkey time confirming it. After all the CDC's test only takes 2 hours to complete..... and I can't find any updated news confirming or denying an Ebola diagnosis. ( The link I posted earlier has been re-posted as of an hour ago... I can't see any difference in what I have read/posted previously. I should have taken a screen shot of the article.)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Turq1
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Who cares who they are, just take/kidnap any 2 people and run the experiment. It could save thousands of lives...a drop in the bucket in the long run. Hospice would be good, parents or grandparents that aren't going to make it, see if they can catch ebola through the air. Publish the results and send it to the CDC and other health care professionals.

Youre right, I volunteer you and one other of your family members to go first
edit on 10/13/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's getting so you can't leave your house if you have a cold or the flu without someone dropping a net on you.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Just a follow up.

Beth Israel Deaconess 'determined with certainty' Braintree patient doesn't have Ebola

link

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Sarcasm. "Take/kidnap" people probably wouldn't be a discernment of someone like that to make, lol. Dunno if you read the post I was replying too, notice the stars on the other post.

Point being, like others get, is you don't experiment on people against their will no matter where they are. You'd think people on ATS would get that, if they have any understanding of health experiments done by governments in the past..

But no one, including you, had a problem with one group being tested on, but your family in hospice, that's a no-no.

Live by the sword die by the sword.

edit on 10/14/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join