It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with Ebola-like symptoms isolated outside Braintree hospital - Massachusetts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

BRAINTREE, Mass. —A hazmat team was responding with the Department of Health to Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates in Braintree for a patient showing signs of illness Sunday.

The Patriot Ledger reported a man who recently traveled to West Africa is being isolated outside the center, according to fire department officials.

Man with Ebola-like symptoms isolated outside Braintree hospital

Another possible case to watch in Braintree, Massachusetts
edit on 12-10-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth
Wasn't Braintree the name of the town in The Stand?
Pretty sure it was.

Just checked the Wiki.
Braintree Texas.
Curious

edit on 10/12/2014 by Neysa because: fact check

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

Another possible case to watch.
You mean he sneezed? This # is getting ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
Wasn't Braintree the name of the town in The Stand?
Pretty sure it was.

Just checked the Wiki.
Braintree Texas.
Curious

First thought that came to my mind too.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
As flu season develops, this is going to get intense.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

This is in Braintree, MA.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

originally posted by: Staroth

Another possible case to watch.
You mean he sneezed? This # is getting ridiculous.

Harvard Vanguard Medical Center in Braintree is being quarantined and a patient isolated outside the facility with a possible case of Ebola, officials said.

Seems a little more than a sneeze for them to do this, don't ya think?
link

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I know.
It was just that the name was strange and rang an old bell in my head.
Not trying to derail or anything.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
I know.
It was just that the name was strange and rang an old bell in my head.
Not trying to derail or anything.

Yep Got'cha. I was just saying where it was - but that is very curious about The Stand! You are correct.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
www.boston.com... ml

John Monahan of Fox 25 reports that the patient had recently traveled to Liberia, and came to the facility to refill a prescription. He then reportedly returned to his car before clinic staff ran out after him to prevent him from leaving.

Okay, so he returned to refill a prescription?

So...does that mean he had been treated there before and left with a prescription? But they only caught the Liberian connection the second time he visited?

WTH!? Need more info because it's sounding like a repeat of Dallas.
edit on 10/12/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The article says that the person was isolated "outside" the hospital.
In my opinion, it would be wise to have small triage units outside the hospitals so that they can keep potentially infected persons from entering the hospitals and spreading the infection. If a person is suspected, they can then take them to a facility that can handle that type of contagion.
I know it sounds kind of drastic but it could save lives and money in the long run.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It may come to the point where we have plastic tent isolation units springing up outside of hospital ERs sometime soon.
soon... relative term.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Now you really have me thinking about The Stand and Braintree. This morning someone else commented on a post about Captain Trip and how this all started with a "trip" (from Africa) It would make for a nice conspiracy post for sure! It is all oddly related.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

i got a buddy who lives in the braintree/weymouth area...goddamnit...

why in the hell are we still letting people from affected areas come back here, with no screening?

if they really wanna use our military over there, have the army take over a disused airfield, or something, and any citizens wanting to come back to the U.S. get sent there instead, for observation, and if necessary, treatment. they shouldn't be letting them come back here, to potentially infect who knows how many.....this is how epidemics start..

and for god's sake, we need to immediately cease ALL air, and sea traffic to and from africa, until this mess is sorted...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

It may come to the point where we have plastic tent isolation units springing up outside of hospital ERs sometime soon.
soon... relative term.

My husband suggested that may be what the FEMA camps and coffins are for.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
They should do it now.
Once it gets loose into the general public, it will be too late.
Infected person goes into the hospital and they'll have to shut it down to decontaminate. If the worst happens and hospital personnel are infected or even suspected then they are quarantined and then there isn't enough staff to keep the hospital running. They have had to close the er in the Dallas case for that very reason.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

What good will it do any of us if they can't determine Ebola immediately...two days? So if you show up and have flu, you have already been hanging out with possible Ebola infected people?

Of course that's better than letting in loose in hospitals I suppose.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Given the math (21 day incubation period from Mr. Duncan's most contagious point) this next week should be telling. Either others (his family in the apartment; the initial contacts at the hospital during er visit 1; etc) start overwhelming the hospitals/EMS of the Dallas area or the bullet has been dodged.

With the case of the Presbyterian Hospital nurse (who followed CDC protocols) I fear nothing dodged...the direct hit occurred and the "shock (contagion) waves" will just ripple out.

I still cannot fathom why CDC was not REQUIRING surgical booties (shoe covers!) as part of their contagion protocol!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Good point.
I guess the person would have to be displaying the more obvious symptoms. Or maybe people who just came over from West Africa.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

If an Ebola infected person throws up in, and or sits and uses a public restroom leaving the seat and fixtures contaminated, how many people could that potentially transmit the infection to?

Truck stops, gas stations, airports etc...

Hospitals seem relatively safe compared to the risks from the above.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join