It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

large Figure 8 UFO seen today Manchester!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
HI,
My Mother witnessed a UFO today in the sky above Middleton Manchester, England. about 3:00pm
she said it was a figure 8 oscillating and flipping over in a smooth steady fashion going right across the sky.
with blue lights all around it. It was really sunny here pure blue sky at that time so they must have been super bright lights and not LED's. she shouted me to look but I never heard her as I was playing music, she had just told me now.
I told her it was a toy Drone. but that no longer fits the description now she described it and drew a picture.
it did not have any rotor blades, just two small holes in it. no mechanisms or distinguishable parts. almost all solid & smooth.
here is the drawing.

She said it was about the size of a helicopter(a real one not a toy) traveling about the same speed as one would at a height I've estimated at around 50-80 feet traveling in a mechanical fashion not like a balloon I've also suggested.

Ive done tones of google searched for drones of this type but cant find anything.
anyone have any ideas? or can shed some light on it?

I'll check my local paper tomorrow as well in case other people have seen it as I imagine they would have.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just what I got from the pic and descip...

Did it possibly sound like a chinook?

edit on (10/12/1414 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy
Interesting but no I think even I would have heard that as I was only in the other room.
it was spinning over like a paddle constant , she said their was no sound. she had the window open as she was lay on the bed when she noticed it.

edit on 12-10-2014 by TrentReznor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I dont have any ideas or can shed some light on what she saw, but i could probably make one with today's technology and for less than £50.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What's with the oculus logo? Did you just get a VR unit? It looks printed not drawn.....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I saw it too I think. Nearly got my camera but then the sceptic in me thought it might be black balloon. It would definitely be what I saw but it was a little earlier. Get a lot of planes near me circling and sometimes helicopters but definitely neither. Also get lots of chinese lanterns. On closer inspection decided it wasnt balloon as was an odd shape and rather than travelling along in the wind it was going higher and higher almost turning because was jagged in shape on one side. I bet a lot of people will have seen it because as you say not a cloud in sky clear blue skys.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
By the way Im near Ashton so if you are Middleton near Oldham not far from you it could have travelled over to you as I saw it about 2.30

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Awesome!! Yeah i was guesing 3:00 could have been earlier . You say it was getting higher? It was quite low down acording to mum. Ashton is only a few miles away. Wish I had seen it myself.
Is there any chance you could draw it? a reply to: anxiouswens

Tavi45 yes I got an oculus DK2 the manual was the only piece of paper I had at hand for the drawimg

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
that appears to be a teenage mutant ninja turtle

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Maybe someday, Manchester will open a store that sells Cameras, and phones with cameras, so that the public will have something to capture images with...since apparently they only have pencils right now.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Is it windy there?

Perhaps Zoro lost his mask.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gavron
Maybe someday, Manchester will open a store that sells Cameras, and phones with cameras, so that the public will have something to capture images with...since apparently they only have pencils right now.

you're luckey you dident get a cave painting in some parts of Manchester ^^

Its sad because in this house we have 3 camera phones a video camera 2 compacts and a high end SLR with tons of lenses. If she shouted ufo! I would have been straight on it. But whispering my name across the house was not good enough mother! Haha

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Mom's....they just never understand. The UFO Struggle is REAL!

#TheStruggle

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
That seems pretty accurate, minus the blue lights, but I'm assuming those can be fastened to it quite easily.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pathology
That seems pretty accurate, minus the blue lights, but I'm assuming those can be fastened to it quite easily.

Couple of watch batteries and a few LED's...Easy enough. you could even attach a micro prop/fan to give it that tumbling motion.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
With a very slight weighting to one end and not the other, the wind should give it the tumble effect....same motion, zero noise.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Very good soloprotocol. I found that image too
But mum said it wasent an 8 as such it was like an infinity shape elengated and very solid.
and a way way bigger. And the fact another member here seen it in ashton which is 12 miles from me just before I did. Mum said it was flying perfectly straight in a mechanical fashion.

a reply to: Soloprotocol

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TrentReznor

Binoculars...forget the cameras.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It wasent that high up. Where you would need binos. It was very clear and fairly low. Acording to mum. I know what you meen though I filmes a maylar balloon and posted it here in 2004. And everyone went crazy. It was super far away though. Turned out to be a balloon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join