It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strauss-Howe generational theory...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hi all, member Bluesma brought this theory or hypothesis to my attention recently and I found it very interesting so I wanted to get a discussion going on it with the possibility of a far more engaging conversation then I could ever hold would happen.

www.thefourthturning.com

en.m.wikipedia.org...–Howe_generational_theory#America.27s_current_position_in_the_cycle

The Strauss–Howe generational theory, created by authors William Strauss and Neil Howe, identifies a recurring generational cycle in American history. Strauss and Howe lay the groundwork for the theory in their 1991 book Generations, which retells the history of America as a series of generational biographies going back to 1584.[1] In their 1997 book The Fourth Turning, the authors expanded the theory to focus on a fourfold cycle of generational types and recurring mood eras in American history.[2] They and their consultancy, LifeCourse Associates, has expanded on the concept in a variety of publications since then.

He has identified archetypes, generational trends and uses them as a predictive method to identify future trend and archetypes emerging based on said theory.

Anyway enjoy.

edit on 10/12/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/12/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I wonder if this theory applies only to English speaking countries or is this a pattern common to many nations?

A problem with the theory is that many of the events that shape a generation are not completely organic, meaning world events may have been manipulated possibly in order to cause a shift the cycle. For example WW1, the Kennedy Assassination, the Vietnam war, possibility even 9/11 were manipulated events which caused a shift in the cycle and/or may have unleashed pent up social forces that helped shift and define the culture.

So, we must be careful, because shifts in culture are sometimes partially or completely artificially precipitated because the current generation holds beliefs and behaviors that no longer serve the interests of the power elite.

If the ET question is as important and "belief-shattering" as the elite want us to believe then I could see the power elite manipulating world events to cause a shift in the cycle when the current generation gets too close to unraveling the ET question in a public manner, among other things (decadence, behavior, debt, etc). They guide the shift so as to build future generations to hold beliefs and attitudes more in line with the aims and goals of the elite, currently the power elite want obedience, passivity, unquestioning belief, and appreciation.
edit on 12-10-2014 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2014 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

join