It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Petroglyph Found On Martian Rock

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I have seen similar on pieces that to me (a sculpture) look like shattered pottery. Ther were discussed on the Mars anomaly thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I love how the video says something along the lines of "the character on the far left looks like a tall grey alien".

By what comparison are we deciding that it looks like a 'tall grey'. I'd like to see those photos.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't know. In that video it looks like the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: newthings
I think you will find that this is the mark left by the rotary cutter on the rock sampler. This is an after photo.
Roy

Eh? could you enlarge on that a bit.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Original -crop/ contrast, sharpened

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm telling you it's the FSM. You can see his meatballs and noodly appendages.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I'm never really into these "look what I found on Mars"-threads, but this, along with a few other finds, looks convincing enough to further investigate.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Yeah, it looks like a mark. Notice how the boulder is pressed into the ground

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
so if this is a carving of some sort , then that rock is part of a structure which was shattered into pieces , which means that we would have seen petroglyphs on the surrounding rocks .

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RationalDespair Am I the only one who remembers the photo of the "tag" on the rock which was explained away as lichen until someone realized that that would tell us that they had found life on Mars. The photo can no longer be found on the web.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: raresf
a reply to: RationalDespair Am I the only one who remembers the photo of the "tag" on the rock which was explained away as lichen until someone realized that that would tell us that they had found life on Mars. The photo can no longer be found on the web.

Here is a question; If the evil PTB didn't want you to know that there is life on Mars why would they continue to send space craft after space craft to that planet and continue to put oodies of images up.......lol

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76
Here is another one. I do not know if its been posted before. If its been posted then please disregard.

Original photo link here : NASA MARS SOL 3720

Peace

Wow now! Is there a way to explain that using the tracks/treads from the rover or something? Otherwise I don't see there is any way possible of that occurring naturally.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Of course its rocks and shadows and photography not a family of Martians LOL

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Considering the amount of abrasions and gashes on the majority of the other rocks in the vicinity, I think the most likely explanation is that we are seeing the same features on the rock in question. This conclusion makes fewer assumptions precisely because such features seem to be prevalent in this particular area. A better argument could be made for this being a manufactured symbol if all of the surrounding rocks showed nothing similar, but considering they do show such "carvings" I am of the opinion that they are the natural results of a specific type of weathering.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Mighty convenient the first ever Petroglyph found on mars resembles and astronaut and a grey. If it had been Golden Arches you woulda had me.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Unless there is some evidence of the Martian atmosphere lasting longer than previously thought, there is no way there will be any type of structures or petroglyphs on Mars because we have no evidence of intelligent life evolving that quickly.

Also why would Grey aliens or any other alien race for that matter come to a planet in it's early existence an make petroglyphs, pyramids or structures only for the planet to shortly after lose it's atmosphere and water? You really think with their technology they wouldn't forsee the planet as not hospitable in the near future?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76
Here is another one. I do not know if its been posted before. If its been posted then please disregard.

Original photo link here : NASA MARS SOL 3720

Peace

Maybe I am jumping the gun by not reading all the post, but that is awesome

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
OMG its just a rock! Nature can form some pretty cool patterns all by itself. It isnt always little green men.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Mighty convenient the first ever Petroglyph found on mars resembles and astronaut and a grey. If it had been Golden Arches you woulda had me.

You were very close...I have been able to decipher the writing after hours of exhaustive research. I can 100% for certain say that translated it says..,,"Todays Special...Cheeseburgers!"

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

or it says "over 12 Billion served".
Life on Mars confirmed.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join