It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First winter storm road closure.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Right here in Colorado over on I70 at the Eisenhower Tunnel this morning we had a few cars spin out on the snow and ice and it took them a while to clear the traffic lanes. If your going to have an accident anywhere along I 70 having one right there at the Eisenhower Tunnel might be the best place to have one... they have a crew stationed there to keep that tunnel open. fire trucks tow trucks, a crew that monitors 24/7 a ton of cams that keep and eyes on traffic flow....

anyway... I'm not entirely sure but this might very well be the first winter storm highway closure of the season?
in other words... winter's coming folks.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

According the Farmers Almanac prediction I've heard about, it's gonna be a bitter cold, wet winter with lots of snow. Major blizzards.

According to the 198th edition of the Farmers’ Almanac, “The winter of 2014–2015 will see below-normal temperatures for about three-quarters of the nation, with the most frigid areas occurring in and around the Northern Plains into the Great Lakes.” The new edition, which hit store shelves officially on August 25, 2014, states that “no region will see prolonged spells of above-normal temperatures.”

The Almanac, which has been predicting the weather for nearly 200 years, suggests that there will be a very cold outbreak during the final week of January into the beginning of February, going as far as to state that temperatures could drop to 40 below over the Northern Plains. Yes, “more shivery and shovelry” conditions are on tap for the winter ahead. So those looking forward to lots of the white stuff — skiers, snowboarders and snowmobilers – can rejoice.

“While we don’t think the winter will be as extreme as last year,” reveals editor Peter Geiger, “we do believe that it’s going to be another one for the record books.”

MAP and Link

join