It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists in Russia developing three Ebola vaccines – Health Ministry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Scientists in Russia developing three Ebola vaccines – Health Ministry

Russian scientists are working on three different vaccines to cure Ebola Virus Disease.
They expect to introduce them as soon as in the next six months.

One of the vaccines is “already ready for clinical trials,” Russia’s health minister Veronika Skvortsova has announced.

"We have created three vaccines,” Skvortsova announced in an interview with Rossiya-1 TV. “One vaccine is based on a strain of Ebola, and the other two have been created by means of genetic engineering.”

Russian virologists have also created an anti-virus drug that, they believe, could be successfully used for treating Ebola as tests have showed that that it is effective in curing Ebola-related diseases.

RT

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

If True

Way to go Russia.

Now, time will tell if it's true and how the Kremlin decides to distribute and to whom....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Russia, which has not had any cases of Ebola, sent a team of scientists and a mobile laboratory to help fight the disease in Guinea at the end of August.

Russia has also implemented a protection plan against the virus, which it stepped up in July, according to the minister.

Seventy-one Russian airports were equipped with thermal cameras to detect the first signs of the virus, she said.

More than 450 students from west Africa studying in Russian universities were under constant surveillance, she added.

Yahoo

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hmm,, Russian scientists???
didnt they make all kinds of predictions amout the US economy,weather and earthquakes in the US that were suppose to happen back in 2010?

Not so confident in the russians coming through on this one

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

I wouldn't be surprised if they did come out with a vaccine. Russia's scientific community doesn't seem to be as "hindered" as the US's.

But we will have to wait and see.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lil Drummerboy
didnt they make all kinds of predictions amout the US economy,weather and earthquakes in the US that were suppose to happen back in 2010?

From what I'm seeing it seems that Russia is and will be the leader regarding the vaccines.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

From what I'm seeing it seems that Russia is and will be the leader regarding the vaccines.

and if that is true, givin the recent standings between Russia and the US with the Ukraine situation and all the sanctions, I gotta wonder at what price the vaccine will be at?
edit on 12-10-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I call that kind of attitude American Superiority Syndrome.

You can figure out the acronym.

There are capable people all over the world, not just in the USA.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

I call that kind of attitude American Superiority Syndrome.

Not at all.. I am simply looking at historic "Russian Scientist" failures
and I also agree there are many competent research centers that are not subject to corruption that is the US.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
We know Russia has a history of interest in Ebola, so they are not starting from a position of ignorance. For example, in 2004 a Russian scientist working at the State Research Centre of Virology and Biotechnology - an ex Soviet bio-weapons facility - died when she pricked her finger with a needle.

It would certainly be interesting - and helpful - if Russia came up with some real medicine to tackle Ebola.

Bit worried by the RT.com poor reporting, either on purpose, or accidental. From the OP's source saying that it's impossible to contract Ebola in Russia.

In Russia it’s impossible to contract the Ebola virus, Skvortsova said, adding that the country has still implemented a protection plan against the virus, which it stepped up in July.

Regards

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

6 months, it will be too late. The virus can live for up to 72 hours on a surface after sweat, blood, body fluid or saliva.

One infected patient into Wallmarts. 3353 customers per store per day average.

After 3 weeks possibly 3358 infected after that one day. They get it from touching the same handle, counter, fridge door, money etc.

Week 6: The 3358 infected are now infectious and they spread to buses, planes, grocery stores, rental cars, door knobs, handshakes, public toilets - you name it. But if they ONLY went into the same wallmart we would have:
3353x3353 = 11 276 000 new infected by week 6.

Week 9: Following ONLY a wallmart visit by all infected we will now have 37 865 358 712. That is 37 billion.. 30 billion more than the world population.

I'd like to say that geography would slow it down, but with all the planes, traines and buses connecting the world each day - it won't.

Game over! The next few weeks will be critical!

The positive side is that our earth will survive after a 50-70% reduction of the population. 3,5 to 4,9 billion people dead, from originally one infected african (patient zero).

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: br0ker

6 months, it will be too late. The virus can live for up to 72 hours on a surface after sweat, blood, body fluid or saliva.

One infected patient into Wallmarts. 3353 customers per store per day average.

After 3 weeks possibly 3358 infected after that one day. They get it from touching the same handle, counter, fridge door, money etc.

Week 6: The 3358 infected are now infectious and they spread to buses, planes, grocery stores, rental cars, door knobs, handshakes, public toilets - you name it. But if they ONLY went into the same wallmart we would have:
3353x3353 = 11 276 000 new infected by week 6.

Week 9: Following ONLY a wallmart visit by all infected we will now have 37 865 358 712. That is 37 billion.. 30 billion more than the world population.

I'd like to say that geography would slow it down, but with all the planes, traines and buses connecting the world each day - it won't.

Game over! The next few weeks will be critical!

The positive side is that our earth will survive after a 50-70% reduction of the population. 3,5 to 4,9 billion people dead, from originally one infected african (patient zero).

If you have 3000+ infected people after 3 or 4 weeks as you say, believe me there will be no more people running around in Walmart etc. Everybody will be isolated in his home

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
And remember people are only infectious once they become symptomatic. And somebody symptomatic of Ebola is not likely to stagger into Walmart and run around licking everything.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

and if that is true, givin the recent standings between Russia and the US with the Ukraine situation and all the sanctions, I gotta wonder at what price the vaccine will be at?

Why do you think the Russians would let the Americans get the vaccine? It would amuse them to see America burn themselves down from the spread of the virus due to unrestricted air travel.

If the Americans had any sense, they should have adapted those bio-array sensors that glow in the presence of anti-bodies and proteins.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
And remember people are only infectious once they become symptomatic. And somebody symptomatic of Ebola is not likely to stagger into Walmart and run around licking everything.

Their sweat on various products would do the trick.

top topics

join