It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Lost of control was quite obvious. IMHO

Doctor looked scared and Jenkins were swallowing in the background quite a bit.

Yes, I caught this, too. He was licking his lips an awful lot. I know that when I'm scared or nervous my mouth goes completely dry and I lick my lips and gulp a lot!

Also, there was no thanking anyone for doing a terrific job. Obviously.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: adomol

Someone who knows the health worker (who tested positive) has been put into quarantine proactively (before this new person was confirmed to have it).

In other words, this person does not have it yet. Just the health care worker. This new person is just a contact of the health care worker and was placed into quarantine as a preventative measure.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Health care worker is a female nurse

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Just to claifiy,this was one of the people that was caring for Duncan AFTER he was put in isolation. From CNN:
" The worker was involved in Duncan's second visit to the hospital, when he was admitted to treatment, and was wearing protective gear."

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Here's a link to the CDC Checklist for Patients being Evaluated for Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in the United States.

Link

edit on 12-10-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
Health care worker is a female nurse

Regardless of gender, if this nurse has had any sexual contact, chances are she passed it on. And if (notice I say IF) she was promiscuous, she passed it on to others who will pass it on to their next lover.

I don't think that we have reached the point of the straw breaking the camel's back just yet, but the straw is piling up nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Anyone find a vid of the press conference yet?
Please post when you do.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

They just said they were going to monitor the Duncan family more closely. I call BS on this!

Me too.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
OMG.

Sad to say, there may well be others. I hope not but from the way the entire thing was bungled...plus we are not even close to being out of the 21 day window.

I also hope that - now - people will stop calling each other paranoids and fear-mongerers and fracking *DO SOMETHING* to curb this outbreak.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Shana91aus
Wow this is really bad! So considering it was at the same hospital as Duncan, was it someone who was treating him then?? Maybe now they will realise hazmat gear is NOT going to help them from being infected. This is bad i really hope that person hasn't been going about their daily life spreading it!

His first visit was misdiagnosed so they probably weren't wearing any kind of protection!

This is terrible!

Apologies, I have not read through this whole thread yet, but obviously this doctor must have come in contact with the infected patients bodily fluids since that is the only way this can spread, right?

Yes. I am being sarcastic.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: adomol
DELETE

Ebola AND Daleks? It's too much!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
They just disclosed that it is a female nurse.. Spain anyone??
edit on 12-10-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kimmie7
More closely?!?
I thought they were in quarantine being closely monitored already.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: texasgirl

Just to claifiy,this was one of the people that was caring for Duncan AFTER he was put in isolation. From CNN:
" The worker was involved in Duncan's second visit to the hospital, when he was admitted to treatment, and was wearing protective gear."

Wow. I am starting to wonder if the CDC is being completely forthright in their description of possible modes of transfer for this virus.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
More closely?!?

From what I've read they didn't do squat...now no one can find any info about the family of Duncan.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
More closely?!?

Yeah I caught that too. Does this mean Jessie Jackson has been carting them around with him for his 15 mins of fame he can milk out of them?

Des

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kimmie7

Ebola AND Daleks? It's too much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny you should mention that. The Daleks are actually helping us out this time... cleaning ebola up for us.

As panic starts to spread about Ebola, there are some US hospitals taking precautionary measures to combat this new threat - by using an Ebola-killing robot. The robot - made by Xenex Disinfection Services - is being used in 250 hospitals, including the Dallas hospital where the first US Ebola victim died.

Mirror.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Wow. I am starting to wonder if the CDC is being completely forthright in their description of possible modes of transfer for this virus.

Ya think?!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join