It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
we all knew there would be more cases and others would die.
not including the people that were flown here for treatment, this is only the 2nd confirmed case.
right around now is when the people duncan was around would be getting sick if they contracted it. the people that were in the apartment with him.

i dont think this is shocking at all. quite expected actually.

i will be more worried if/when we start to hear about new confirmed cases every day or confirmed cases all over the country.

we all knew this was going to happen

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Did it slip past you when Dr. Vargas mentioned that particular hospital has established a *28* bed ICU Unit to house ebola patients.

THEY KNOW WHAT'S COMMING!!!

Des

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The worst guy ever.....Dr. Whoever "William Schaffner"!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I feel your pain. I had a root canal and bone and gum graft last week. Fun times.

I wish they would post video of the presser. I missed the live broadcast.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kimmie7

Or you get people like me with a very fast metabolism and a normal temp for me is closer to 100. If they were to take my temp in an airport, they would think I'm sick and throw me in quarantine with someone who actually is sick.

link   
I'd be real keen to see that conference..
you can tell the truth from someones body language and their faces..
if indeed they have lost control.. it should be telling

link   
a reply to: Xeven

We can't keep the health care workers for having a transmission anymore than they can in Africa it seems. It is time to stop playing with this.Russia has the right idea. Anyone that comes from any of those countries needs to be in quarantine ASAP and stay there till it can be determined that they are clean.

The CDC should never have been let to deal with this. They have proven they are incompetent to even handle vials of stock of virus'. They should let USAMRIID deal with it and let them put people in the 'slammer' to break with it and be treated.

This is total idiocy.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Destinyone
Where the hell are Duncan's family, the HIGH RISK GROUP?????A

That's the million dollar question. Where are they? It's dead silent. Except for Jesse Jackson and his lawsuit thing ... we have heard nothing. Not even face book or twitter or anything. It's strange.

They just said they were going to monitor the Duncan family more closely. I call BS on this!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Lost of control was quite obvious. IMHO

Doctor looked scared and Jenkins were swallowing in the background quite a bit.
edit on 12-10-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
There was a good news report on ebola on skynewsuk yesterday. the team went over i tink last week and visited the infected areas. spoke to many people and showed the fear and the mess that the country is in.

they teamed up a crew that go around and collect the dead bodies. spoke with them lots. the clean up crew seemed like very good people. they even get attacked because people are scared of them. they have to follow rigorous procedures for collecting the dead and disinfecting the area.

This is a small crew. They were doing it from MAY! 6 months collecting dead bodies. NO one has got sick or no one died. Same crew.

How the hell have Spain and Texas managed to get healthcare workers infected? HOW? There is no excuse for healthcare workers in the western world becoming infected.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
DELETE
edit on am122014102014Sunday by adomol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
They just said they were going to monitor the Duncan family more closely. I call BS on this!

They supposedly are in quarantine and under 24 hour guard.
How much closer could they be monitored?
Sounds like public relations posturing.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: adomol
CNN is reporting a that a 'close contact' of the health care worker has tested positive...

(CNN) -- [Breaking news update, posted at 8:56 a.m. ET] A "close contact" of the health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas who preliminarily tested positive for Ebola has been "proactively" placed in isolation, Texas Health Resources chief clinical officer Dan Varga said Sunday.

CNN...

Maybe a Typo?

link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

If your like me and have cut the cable (with the exception of internet), I go here for a quick news fix whenever I want 24/7.

news.sky.com...

Yes, it's UK based source, but they cover quite a lot.

link   

originally posted by: adomol
CNN is reporting a that a 'close contact' of the health care worker has tested positive...

NO.
The person has been put in proactive isolation.
No test has come back positive. (YET)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

It sure doesn't look that way, it's been up on their page for twenty minutes.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I just thought of something. Canada's Snowbirds should be arriving in the coming weeks from all over Canada, most go to Florida, but many go to Texas and Arizona to escape the cold up here. I don't know how many will say to heck with this, I'm staying home this year, probably not many and many of these probably have some condition that would make them more susceptible to possibly catching something being that they are over 60.

link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
a reply to: intrptr

thankyou, so obviously if it was spread to anyone that he was in contact with before going to the hospital its unlikely we will see anymore casees pop up apart from potential ones from the healthcare workers that treated him.. thats a little bit of a relief because atleast if it is only the healthcare workers at risk now then we know they will probably we closely monitored for fever or any symptoms and quarantined right away. atleast i hope that was the case with this worker! otherwise now we have to wait another few weeks too see of any repercussions from them being in contact with people and places, all those surfaces they would have touched
-.-

Unlikely we will SEE is right.

What if someone who had given Duncan a hug gets a fever, doesn't trust the hospital now thanks to this campaign to color the hospital as racist, and doesn't go in? Duncan died there, after all.

America would start acting a little more like Liberia quick fast and in a hurry if people start acting ignorant.

link   
a reply to: adomol

Again .... the person hasn't 'tested positive'.
They are being put in proactive isolation.
Meaning high risk or expect them to test positive.
But no 'tested positive' at this time.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Ah... my bad, I misunderstood the post.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join