It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Have we completely ruled put the possibility that the victims of Ebola are not just dying to gestate our new alien overlords?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: AuranVector

It's 1.4M in Africa.

www.washingtonpost.com... /fc260920-4317-11e4-9a15-137aa0153527_story.html

Your link goes to "Page not found."

My quote is taken directly from the Fox News banner:
"CDC predicts 1.4 million Ebola cases by January 2015." The banner did not specify location.

I assumed the 1.4 million Ebola cases would be worldwide, not just Africa. If this CDC prediction is anywhere close to being accurate, it's a staggering number. I would not be surprised if there are even more Ebola cases outside Africa than we are aware of.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
They were going to send the ashes to a Hazardous Waste Material Landfill (in Louisiana), but apparently that's not good enough. Seriously, a virus that can survive incineration ???

Either those in power are being told how much worse this "virus" is than the rest of us, or Jindal is afraid of others cutting corners and well, maybe not incinerating all the waste. I could see it going either way.
edit on 13-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Send them to a reply to: Snarl
Send them to FEMA Camps I guess!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I laugh at anyone who thought/thinks that this will be under control. Ebola is here in America to stay. Get used to it folks.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkATi

I'm not doing the research for you. But if you really cared to know the truth, you'd find that government dribble you are peddling isn't true.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I finally got around to watching that CDC drivel of a news conference. I could not make myself watch the whole thing.

I will note I don't think I saw it mentioned specifically he was slurring his speech, that much is certain. I bet he was tired, but he was off.
edit on 13-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I can't believe it! Oh no not again!

A health care worker has ebola. And it's from the very
hospital where another man had ebola.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

THAT'S TWO WHOLE CASES...AND THEY ARE RELATED TO EACH OTHER!!

OH NO.....

Let's open the FEMA camps and stuff anyone that sneezes in there...

PROTECT ME PROTECT ME....I AM SO SCARED

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rival

Not scared now?

LOL

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I guess you're referring to the Judge, J&C? Yes, he was not looking all that well, really. A bit flushed, and his voice was very rough. Like he had a sore throat. And his voice tone indicates blocked nasal passages. (He surreptitiously sniffed at least once that I noticed.) Classic symptoms of a cold...

Or flu...

Or... That other disease that has "flu-like symptoms".

I wonder if they're monitoring his temperature?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I don't see this getting any better till it's to late. What I mean by to late is the spread getting out of control. It's out of control right now cause of how it's being handled. We could still get this under control, but that window is shutting for us very fast.

I think the break point will be once we have more then 15 local victims. As in they haven't traveled outside the US at all.

The way the media and the PR groups have been handling this does not help. One is spreading fear the other is toning down the risk too much. Ebola can spread very fast and an infected can spread it when they only have flu like symptoms. The cook time of the virus is different from person to person be depending on their level of current health. Yes sneezing and coughing can spread it, but that's does not count it as being airborne. You'd need to be sneezed or coughed on by the infected to run the risk of being infected. I don't see this coming flu season going over very well.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

When a body is cremated the bones and teeth often remain in little shards, wonder if that is the consideration here? Animals carrying it off and then we begin seeing it in the wilds or something? Why does Texas not bury it there?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 2gd2btru

I clicked on your links but found nothing from Louise Trous friends having been posted, can you highlight and show us?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin
Why Louisiana and not Texas?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Wondering if the location of a patient has anything to do with their survival? If there are only 4 designated places where this can be handled properly, places such as the survivors have been treated is it a factor?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

I was wondering that myself. I thought maybe there weren't any in Texas but according to this there are three in Texas.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The news conference was yesterday morning, he said they got the results 12 hours prior...of a test that takes 24-48 hours...so symptom(s) (fever?) noticed thursday or friday night.

originally posted by: ikonoklast
We've been hearing lots of things from health authorities along the lines of someone not being tested for Ebola and instead being sent home because they did not have certain symptoms of Ebola and therefore Ebola was ruled out.

I think this is dangerous! It can result in people being sent home with Ebola because they didn't have some common symptom, and that can result in an epidemic spreading.

I saw this table of symptoms in the New England Journal of Medicine and thought it was worth repeating. This was published by the WHO Ebola Response Team and the percentages are from the current outbreak in Africa. I did flip all of the percentages except for one from what percentage of people do have a certain symptom to what percentage don't. I think it makes it more obvious how many cases might be missed because someone doesn't have a particular symptom.

12.9% did not have a fever (11.8% of those who died did not) - About 1 in 8 do NOT have a fever!

23.6% did not feel fatigue (23.6% of those who died did not) - About 1 out of 4 do NOT feel fatigue!

32.4% did not vomit (30.6% of those who died did not) - About 1 out of 3 do NOT vomit!

34.4% did not have diarrhea (31.7% of those who died did not) - Anout 1 out of 3 do NOT have diarrhea!

In addition:

35.5% did not have loss of appetite (36% of those who died did not)

46.6% did not have a headache (46.2% of those who died did not)

55.7% did not have abdominal pain (56.5% of those who died did not)

60.6% did not have joint pain (59.3% of those who died did not

61.1% did not have muscle pain (59.8% of those who died did not)

63.0% did not have chest pain (59.8% of those who died did not

79.2% did not have conjunctivitis (red Ebola eyes) (76.4% of those who died did not)

82.0% did not have unexplained bleeding (79.8% of those who died did not)

92.3% did not have eye pain (91.1% of those who died did not)

This is the one percentage I didn't flip. When someone tells you that Ebola patients do not cough or sneeze so you won't catch it from droplets aerosolized in the air from an Ebola patient coughing, you can now cite this statistic:

29.6% of Ebola patients DO cough. And 32.5% of people who died from Ebola did cough. So about 1 out of 3 cough.

There is much more, including an expanded table of these symptoms here:

SOURCE: NEJM - Ebola Virus Disease in West Africa — The First 9 Months of the Epidemic and Forward Projections

Hmmmm

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I commented about Judge Jenkins just a little while ago but I thought it might be worth adding some video evidence. Take a look at these two videos. Compare Judge Jenkins in an interview back on Oct 1 in the top one, to how he looked and sounded yesterday (Oct 12). I've set up the second video so it should start at 2:10. If it doesn't just go to that time point to catch the start of Judge Jenkins' remarks.

October 1 interview:

Oct 12 Press Conference:

In the latter video, his speech is much slower and subjectively he appears far less confident. Also, his voice really does not sound as “healthy” as in the video from 11 days prior. Overall – and again, this is subjective – he doesn't look well.
edit on 13/10/14 by JustMike because: bolding coding

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
Thanks for posting this.
I will remember it when all these freaking ostriches pull their heads out of the sand long enough to tell me not to worry!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
Both of those guys that I watched when that presser was on live seemed to be very nervous.
I wonder why.
Maybe because they know more than we do.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join