It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key Figures In CIA-Crack Cocaine Scandal Begin To Come Forward.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I'm surprised that W.'s handlers didn't use the Kerry Report against John Kerry back in 04? "You wanna randy conspiracy theorist as president?" I guess the investigation hit a bit too close to home for them.Especially since his father's inaction on this issue can be tied into Iran-Contra and other scandals.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Here's an interview with one of the investigative reporters who advised Web: Kill The Messenger

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

'Freeway: Crack in the system', written and directed by Mark Levin.

My apology and thanks for the correction.

I watched 'Kill the Messenger' last night.

One noteworthy plot feature was the back-tracking Webb goes through when his story becomes the focus of the MSM.

He spent a lot of time clarifying that the CIA wasn't actually dealing the crack themselves.

I wonder if that was the purpose of 'Kill the Messenger'?

Damage control.

Webb supposedly committed suicide by shooting himself in the head, twice.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic He was always clear that the CIA was at least looking the other way.Although from what I've read over the years I think they knew damn well what was going on.Why would they pop up and tell the cops and DEA and FBI to back off?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Kill The Messager:Rare Truth Telling. Interesting story about Dark Alliance and the Kerry Committee.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Good, true point... the Govt itself isn't dirty, evil and corrupt... but individuals IN the govt sure as heck are.

I'm sure there were compartments of the CIA, for instance, involved in moving vast quantities of drugs ...and still are... other agencies, too, of course.

But weeding out the bad ones in govt... and especially in protected, "non-existent" agencies... is ... difficult.

One simply hopes that the corruption doesn't spread to the extent of say...Mexico... because internal rot doesn't bode well for the future of any organization.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have zero faith left in the morals or principles of the CIA. It started with me learning about the CIA being implicit in overthrowing democratically elected governments in multiple countries and installing dictators, all to keep countries compliant with US foreign policy at any cost.

This, I wouldn't be surprised about.

It is high time that our intelligence community is subjected to far greater scrutiny and checks and balances. More transparency, with almost every decision put up for public debate, not hidden behind "national security." The CIA is one group that has begun to act against all of the principles this country was founded on.

Hi CIA If you are listening, yes, you need to get yourselves and morals in check.

originally posted by: mike dangerously

By:Ryan Grim,Matt Sledge and Matt Ferner

LOS ANGELES -- With the public in the U.S. and Latin America becoming increasingly skeptical of the war on drugs, key figures in a scandal that once rocked the Central Intelligence Agency are coming forward to tell their stories in a new documentary and in a series of interviews with The Huffington Post.

More than 18 years have passed since Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb stunned the world with his “Dark Alliance” newspaper series investigating the connections between the CIA, a crack coc aine explosion in the predominantly African-American neighborhoods of South Los Angeles, and the Nicaraguan Contra fighters -- scandalous implications that outraged LA’s black community, severely damaged the intelligence agency's reputation and launched a number of federal investigations.

It did not end well for Webb, however. Major media, led by The New York Times, Washington Post and Los Angeles Times, worked to discredit his story. Under intense pressure, Webb's top editor abandoned him. Webb was drummed out of journalism. One LA Times reporter recently apologized for his leading role in the assault on Webb, but it came too late. Webb died in 2004 from an apparent suicide. Obituaries referred to his investigation as "discredited."

Now,after 17 years a story the big 3 newspapers have thought died with it's author is back.Looks like Gary Webb is indeed getting the last word.It is about time.Seems that Dark Alliance was only scratching the surface of this story here's a quote from the CIA IG report:“In 1984, CIA received allegations that five individuals associated with the Democratic Revolutionary Alliance (ARDE)/Sandino Revolutionary Front (FRS) were engaged in a drug trafficking conspiracy with a known narcotics trafficker, Jorge Morales,” the report found. “CIA broke off contact with ARDE in October 1984, but continued to have contact through 1986-87 with four of the individuals involved with Morales.” Webb's major sources are now coming forward.Also for those who wish to read the reports and the original Dark Alliance series I will be providing links:

Kerry Report

Dark Alliance

CIA IG Report

Also,here's the original AP story:AP story on The Contra-Coke Connection.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
I have zero faith left in the morals or principles of the CIA. It started with me learning about the CIA being implicit in overthrowing democratically elected governments in multiple countries and installing dictators, all to keep countries compliant with US foreign policy at any cost.

It is high time that our intelligence community is subjected to far greater scrutiny and checks and balances. More transparency, with almost every decision put up for public debate, not hidden behind "national security." The CIA is one group that has begun to act against all of the principles this country was founded on.

Hi CIA If you are listening, yes, you need to get yourselves and morals in check.

LOS ANGELES -- With the public in the U.S. and Latin America becoming increasingly skeptical of the war on drugs, key figures in a scandal that once rocked the Central Intelligence Agency are coming forward to tell their stories in a new documentary and in a series of interviews with The Huffington Post.

More than 18 years have passed since Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb stunned the world with his “Dark Alliance” newspaper series investigating the connections between the CIA, a crack coc aine explosion in the predominantly African-American neighborhoods of South Los Angeles, and the Nicaraguan Contra fighters -- scandalous implications that outraged LA’s black community, severely damaged the intelligence agency's reputation and launched a number of federal investigations.

It did not end well for Webb, however. Major media, led by The New York Times, Washington Post and Los Angeles Times, worked to discredit his story. Under intense pressure, Webb's top editor abandoned him. Webb was drummed out of journalism. One LA Times reporter recently apologized for his leading role in the assault on Webb, but it came too late. Webb died in 2004 from an apparent suicide. Obituaries referred to his investigation as "discredited."

Now,after 17 years a story the big 3 newspapers have thought died with it's author is back.Looks like Gary Webb is indeed getting the last word.It is about time.Seems that Dark Alliance was only scratching the surface of this story here's a quote from the CIA IG report:“In 1984, CIA received allegations that five individuals associated with the Democratic Revolutionary Alliance (ARDE)/Sandino Revolutionary Front (FRS) were engaged in a drug trafficking conspiracy with a known narcotics trafficker, Jorge Morales,” the report found. “CIA broke off contact with ARDE in October 1984, but continued to have contact through 1986-87 with four of the individuals involved with Morales.” Webb's major sources are now coming forward.Also for those who wish to read the reports and the original Dark Alliance series I will be providing links:

Kerry Report

Dark Alliance

CIA IG Report

Sadly,any talk of greater oversight for the Intelligence community is just talk.It will never happen since most of the Congress is beholden to one agency or another.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Wpost's Slimy Assault on Gary Webb. The Washington Post is apparently still smarting from Gary Webb's story or should we say the CIA is still smarting? Since we all know nowadays investigative journalism is frowned upon due to the various risks involved it's much easier and safer to just hang around the newsroom and copy and paste the press releases.Besides,Why would The CIA lie?

Here's the attack peice: Webb hit peice. So,says Jeff Leen assistant editor of reading press releases,I mean assistant managing editor for investigations for The Washington Post.The days of Woodward and Burnstein are truly over.I wonder if their investigative reporters actually do any investigating? I highly doubt it with a newspaper has deeply in the pocket of the CIA and the establishment in DC they would lose their access if they rocked the boat.
edit on 023131p://5126 by mike dangerously because: Added link.

edit on 023131p://5126 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
True, or they are beholden to a powerful special interest, or both.

So what then is the solution.

This is when people begin to think revolution (not me NSA and CIA). If all of the democratic systems are failing, what other option is there for change?

Kerry Report

Dark Alliance

CIA IG Report

Sadly,any talk of greater oversight for the Intelligence community is just talk.It will never happen since most of the Congress is beholden to one agency or another.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

This is when people begin to think revolution (not me NSA and CIA). If all of the democratic systems are failing, what other option is there for change?
I think JFK had the right idea when he said "I want to splinter the CIA in a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds." A complete overhaul as it were starting with both the Agency and FBI and NSA to name a few then you set up a oversight committee not full of insiders and creatures of the intelligence community.Citizens and a select few experts would make it up.

Kerry Report

Dark Alliance

CIA IG Report

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I think JFK had the right idea when he said "I want to splinter the CIA in a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds." A complete overhaul as it were starting with both the Agency and FBI and NSA to name a few then you set up a oversight committee not full of insiders and creatures of the intelligence community.Citizens and a select few experts would make it up.

Kerry Report

Dark Alliance

CIA IG Report

edit on 093131p://4626 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Gary Webb Was Right.

"Gary Webb was no journalism hero, despite what 'Kill the Messenger' says," read the recent Washington Post Op-ed headline. It's a sad sight, especially at a time when real journalism is shriveling and in retreat, including in the Washington Post news room.

Once again the paper has decided to focus on discrediting a fellow journalist instead of deepening the analysis of the story he highlighted.

Gary Webb put a spotlight on the CIA and the Reagan administrations unholy alliance with anti communist guerrilla groups and their supporters who were involved in drug trafficking.

Webb's reporting uncovered the story of how tons of coc aine were shipped into San Francisco by supporters of the CIA backed Contras and then distributed down to LA to a Nicaraguan named Danilo Blandon who sold it to a street dealer from South Central, Freeway Rick Ross.

Through this connection Freeway Rick became a crack kingpin and also used his contacts with LA's Crips and Blood street gangs to help distribute crack to many other cities across the country.

The director of Freeway:Crack in The System responds to the Washington Post's editorial on Kill The Messenger.If this is such a non-story why attack this movie? It's clear to me that they are worried about their access so,they must keep the government and Intelligence Community happy.
edit on 053131p://0526 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Can't find this or Dark Alliance. Anyone have any ideas?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join