It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever seen a black and white grid during a meditative experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I had a very intense meditative experience that has only occurred once.

I was focusing very hard on the "third eye" and could feel pressure just behind my forehead between my eyes. I reached a point where I "broke through" and could no longer sense my physical body. What happened next was interesting...

I lost the normal physical 3D awareness and everything went flat and seemed 2 dimensional. At that moment, I saw a thin black grid on a white background. This surreal feeling snapped me out of it and I opened my eyes feeling like I'd just seen behind some sort of veil. It all happened very very quickly.

The closest feeling I've had to this was a similar meditative experience where it felt like I jumped into an alternate physical body and was disconnected from some sort of tube that caused me to open my eyes instantly. It felt similar to the scene in the Matrix where Neo wakes up in the pod but it happened in a flash and I didn't have time to really process what was happening before I snapped out of it. I'd describe it as being unplugged and immediately plugged back in.

In both cases, what I "saw" caused me to snap out of it a little startled.
edit on 10/12/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Sometimes it is black on white, sometimes it is white on black, but it is there, and many others have seen it, some with open eyes (or so they say). It is simply the next layer or 2 down from this most tactile and solid layer of "reality" as far as my research and intuition tells.

Let this experience open your mind to the immensity of reality and the powers of the mind and be happy that you were blessed with the sight of it friend.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoldenObserver

Sometimes it is black on white, sometimes it is white on black, but it is there, and many others have seen it, some with open eyes (or so they say). It is simply the next layer or 2 down from this most tactile and solid layer of "reality" as far as my research and intuition tells.

Let this experience open your mind to the immensity of reality and the powers of the mind and be happy that you were blessed with the sight of it friend.

I had a feeling others had experienced something similar.

It has definitely made me question what is "real."

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I have seen a grid pattern similar to what you describe in meditation. I know others who say they have seen it while under the influence of psychedelics.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have'nt seen that kind of grid in meditation,but a honeycomb-like structure.Also during 2013,I was often seeing a very very fine mesh-like "filter" covering the sky.I don't meditate in the normal way,mine is more of a shamanic communion out in nature,and on 2 occasions I've seen the honeycomb.The fine meshlike cover I just could see,no meditation of any kind used.Also I have often seen white stripes/lines that run across the sky,again not using meditation,I just saw it.The husband thinks I see in a slightly different spectrum,in addition to the normal.I would'nt know,just thought I'd add this,as your thread is about a grid,and the honeycomb had the appearance of a sort of grid,and the fine mesh filter covering the sky,as seen from ground level.S+f,btw,interesting.a reply to: Answer

EDIT to add-that fine mesh could very well also have been honeycomb-structured,just can't be positive but that's the feel I got,just difficult to be 100% positive because it was so finely structured.
edit on 12-10-2014 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2014 by Raxoxane because: typos and adding

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
yeah actually when I used to meditate a lot I too did occasionally see something that could be described at that. Sometimes it would be a large spaced apart grid like lines. Sometimes they were packet tighter and denser and looked more like a screen.

Sometimes it seems like I could see everything as a dense collection of seething frothing particles which would form patterns as they vibrated frenetically.

Not sure if it's a trick of the brain that happens during meditation or if it's the brain projecting what your senses are feeling/seeing that are beyond the normal plane of observation maybe stuff on a more quantum level. The brain is more sensitive to quantum changes and interactions than we understand. Everything is connected, a event here makes a quantum wave of interaction to way over there. If our brain is in one of these ripples of quantum or dimensional interaction I believe that during times of meditation we are sensitive enough to note these quantum vibrations.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I sometimes see a white dotted grid on black background when I close my eyes. I also have experienced the pressure/ tingle on the forehead.

But the "could no longer sense my physical body" I have no experience with since I instead start to vibrate and never really leave my body for astral projection.

Well one day maybe ill get it.

Have fun. Namaste.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
yeah actually when I used to meditate a lot I too did occasionally see something that could be described at that. Sometimes it would be a large spaced apart grid like lines. Sometimes they were packet tighter and denser and looked more like a screen.

Sometimes it seems like I could see everything as a dense collection of seething frothing particles which would form patterns as they vibrated frenetically.

Not sure if it's a trick of the brain that happens during meditation or if it's the brain projecting what your senses are feeling/seeing that are beyond the normal plane of observation maybe stuff on a more quantum level. The brain is more sensitive to quantum changes and interactions than we understand. Everything is connected, a event here makes a quantum wave of interaction to way over there. If our brain is in one of these ripples of quantum or dimensional interaction I believe that during times of meditation we are sensitive enough to note these quantum vibrations.

I kinda have had thoughts that everything is able to become entangled and that there is a field of probability around us that can be manipulated to create synchronicity (two space time events that are entangled) by energizing the field that would change the outcome of the double slit experiment.

Telepathy in this case is a intention->manifestation of information changing the field causing entanglement/synchronicity to manifest.
edit on 12-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You mean something like this? grid
I can't recall having seen a perfect square grid, but on many occasions have seen patterns, they are different everytime.
A lot of them resemble circuit-boards, others are just shapes, lines and dots, sometimes moving other times fixed.
But one shape that I see very often is that of a hazy oval shaped halo, almost like an eye.

And not just when meditating, maybe off-topic or maybe not, but have you ever tried pressing (gently) your eyelids with your palms or thumbs? It was something I used to do as the weird kid I was, I used to get a kick out of it for the weird shapes and lights that appear after a while.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I have seen a grid pattern similar to what you describe in meditation. I know others who say they have seen it while under the influence of psychedelics.

I would fall into the second group , the one and only time i tried psychedelics i saw the grid but it was purple not black and white but that was 20 + years ago .

A friend handed me these little paper things and being naive as heck at the time i took them , this purple curtain came down in my vision and then a grid appeared shortly after which scrambled my brain and i fell asleep for hours .

That is why the internet is such a good medium for information , bar a few close friends i have never told anyone about this

s & f op

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives
You mean something like this? grid
I

Yeah, that's what it looked like except the background was white light instead of a flat white. It came down toward me or I approached it as though it was flat and laying above me... like if your ceiling was the grid and you were about to float through it. I remember feeling like everything had become the grid and I felt like reality changed to two dimensional as I started to pass through the grid and the strangeness of it made my eyes snap open and I was a little out of breath so I might have stopped breathing. Like I said, it all happened very quickly.
edit on 10/12/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
About a year ago I was using the paraliminal recordings for relaxation before I went to sleep at night.
One morning I woke up and there was a distinct pattern of random overlapping squares outlined in red in my vision.
A few days later I woke with a pattern of thin red honeycomb shaped lines.

These were superimposed over my normal field of view and lasted for about 10 seconds before fading. My regular vision was not otherwise affected.

I've never experienced this before and haven't since. These incidences coincided with my use of the paraliminal recordings.

Why?
Don't know but it's pretty interesting.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have had similar experiences; twice to be exact. Both occured just prior to waking up. Very vivid with defined shapes all in grid lines and patterns. The first I observed the phenomenon in a wall sized mirror in my bedroom. I observed clear geometric shapes and patterns in an infinite grid lined area. The second seemed to be a tunnel or hallway lined in a grid like pattern.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I am in my late 40's and have been meditating and doing healing arts since I was 4 years old.

As a boy, working with a Lakota Shaman, and later studying with "The Masters" (divine helper entities). I was taught to leave my body at 19, travel in time at 33 and traverse other dimensions and planets in my late 30’s. It was fascinating work.

I started seeing the grid about 4 years ago.

I now live in a state of trance and don’t have to meditate any longer. I just simply close my eyes and there is the grid. Black screen or fishing net like structure that sits before me with my eyes closed.

It started happening when I would visit my girlfriend(s) in their sleep, just to say hi, which I do from time to time and they would regularly acknowledge the next morning. LOL!

At first I thought it was “God” (The Universe) putting up the screen to block me (for some reason) but then I had a tremendous experience. I was on my usual jog in Griffith Park (Hollywood) and I noticed a shadow on the ground of a bird following above me. I looked up and behind me and saw a Hummingbird just above my head following me. I continued jogging and noticed that he was still with me for over a mile. I went under a tunnel and as I was coming up the other side of the tunnel, much to my surprise, the hummingbird was sitting in the grid of the chain link fencing that ran along the roadway next to me. I ran right by him but so quickly that I could have touch him.

I stopped about 10 feet past him and looked back. It all happened so quickly. He was flying in and out of the holes of the fence never going through it. I watch for a while then I started to walk towards him and he finally took off through the grid of the fence and up into the mountain side.

Strange things happen to me every day like this but I knew this one message was important. I reflected for some time and finally came to the conclusion that I must go through the grid to the other side and that the only thing stopping me is myself. This was intuitive.

Today, about a year after the hummingbird experience, I see the grid on a regular basis but still don’t know how to get past it. I don’t even have a way of moving in this space at all. In a way I’m stuck.

As you can tell, I’m a very advanced human but I am actively seeking someone to tell me how to move through the grid or perhaps tell me how to use it. I know that there are those who know and are much more advanced than me. My guides have not told me a think about this.

Any help would be much appreciated!

new topics

top topics

join