It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Ebola is a danger to the Northern Hemisphere - STOP IT NOW!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You seem to be confusing airborne and aerosol like the majority of people do. Yes, it can be spread through coughing and sneezing. That is aerosol. Ebola is not airborne. So that's something that we've sidestepped, for now.

I'm not going into panic mode until after the winter. The way I see it is, if winter is even half as bad as it was last winter, people will self isolate. If people self isolate, there's no hosts for the disease. And no one out spreading it.

Also, yes, it can stay on surfaces. That's why bleach and antibacterial cleansers, and also hand sanitizer were made.

At work I've been wiping everything off that someone touches with Clorox wipes when they leave. It might not work, but it gives me peace of mind.
edit on 13-10-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: KnightLight

Aerosol is different to airborne.

Bit difficult to discuss this topic seriously when you don't understand the difference between the two.

Your right and the flu is Aersol just like ebola, the flu is not airborne........

Talk about getting your facts straight

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

Hi lakesidespark,

Just to add - not to mention cold and flu season.. here in the UK if not contained it would spread like the new craze of Furbies!

Let us hope this is not the case.

watch the void.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

Excellent summary.

F&S&

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well i think it is amazing luck that the government has already got camps built and a large collection of hermetically sealed coffins as we have seen from countless stories over the past several years.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: GroidNificent

The flu is airborne.

Ebola is not.

A little bit of science will assist you with working this out, and I have too, sharing a nice simple explanation on how ebola can't just become airborne.

The flu is NOT airborne, it's transmitted EXACTLY the same way Ebola is with the only difference being it takes less of the Ebola virus to infect you. These are FACTS that add up to Ebola being more contagious than the flu.

The flu is a highly contagious disease. The flu virus is spread when you either inhale infected droplets in the air (spread when an infected person coughs or sneezes) or when you come in direct contact with an infected person's secretions (by kissing, touching, sharing objects such as spoons and forks).

www.m.webmd.com...

Btw, hi! I'm new here

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere
One thing that I keep telling my family, and which nobody seems to be considering, is the ongoing effect the spread of ebola will have in the ecosystem ALL OVER THE WORLD.

People with ebola, however few they may be in number, still must poop, pee and vomit. In a developed country, the infected person has doubtless pooped, peed, and/or vomited into his toilet after becoming infected, but before going to the hospital. That waste is now in the municipal sewage system. Our sewage systems are not hermetically sealed. There are leaks into the environment: into waterways, into the groundwater, and into the soil. Sewage pipes tend to run through areas with rats, bats, raccoons, skunks, and other fauna... wet areas with cool temperatures where the virus can thrive. What about countries with less than ideal sewage treatment? The sewers in some places vent directly into the waterways. Think about it.

Even in nations with excellent sewage treatment facilities, what about infected sludge pools? Dessicated sludge is used in farming and manufacturing applications. Once dessicated, it is highly likely that the virus will die. But can we guarantee that ALL virus in the dried sludge has died before we use it?

The sad fact is that, even after this outbreak has passed, there will now be reservoirs of ebola virus in numerous unknown locations all across the globe. Ebola will no longer be a disease isolated on the African continent. Twenty years from now, in the USA and the rest of the world, there will still be cases of ebola of zoonotic origin popping up on occasion anytime a person comes into contact with a reservoir of virus in the animal world. As it has done in Africa forever, it will now do in other places where the virus establishes a reservoir in the rest of the world.

Acknowledgement of this fact permanently changes the scope of the ebola problem.

The bat is out of the bag, so to speak.

This is a very good point. Up until this point we have been able to contain Ebola to remote parts of Africa, but we may be on the cusp of a breakout here similar to the way HIV broke out in the late 1970s from the Kinshasa region of The Congo.

Couple that with the fact that you have Ebola being found in pigs in the Philippines, and one can see how it could become an issue with not only wild animals, but domesticated.

scienceblogs.com...

They aren't entirely sure how the pigs contracted Ebola Reston (the same strain found in crab-eating Macaques from the region in Virginia in the 1980s).

So, you could potentially have a scenario, like you mentioned, where the virus works its way into bats in North America and crosses over into domestic animals, and potentially humans.

Each jump it makes is a roll of the dice and a chance for mutation.

The probability of Ebola going 'airborne' is low, but the more the virus interacts with the human system, the greater the chance it has of happening simply from a numbers standpoint.

Also, consider that if you add in other species, you increase the cauldron of available genetic material.
edit on 14-10-2014 by windowpane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Btw, hi! I'm new here

Hello
and welcome!

I'm pleased you found us.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: idmonster

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Btw, hi! I'm new here

Hello
and welcome!

I'm pleased you found us.

Been lurking for a decade or so, figured I may as well start an account.

I guess the disinformation as to just how contagious this actually is motivated me to join the conversation.
edit on 14-10-2014 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Rats are a very good vector for Ebola.

New York City has more rats than people.

Wait 'till this virus gets into a cold dark sewer with all those rats.....

Now...How do we stop this before that happens?
You should really be asking, demanding, and PROTESTING until we do everything we can to suspend all travel from there to here, that is flying in, or driving / walking / crawling across our southern borders.

Especially the southern borders....as you know if they don't keep it out of there, it will be here in a massive wave of humanity.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I am glad to see some real discussion on this thread, I didn't start it for any flags, stars, or recognition of any type.

I did start it for some real recognition of this very dangerous situation, this is as much as a dangerous and unique situation in our recent history as anything we have faced in a hundred years. A pathogen this deadly has never gotten loose with so many unique opportunities to travel and infect, and more unique opportunities to make itself endemic in every corner of our world, in every habitat, and affecting not just us, but our entire ecosystem PERMANENTLY.

Its a cause now, and I am also pleased that even the general public is beginning to see thru the lies and see and hear the real dangers we have. I am glad to see the site and moderators pour their skills to telling the truth...This cuts across politics...religion...sexes, preferences....races, nationalities...hell even SPECIES.

WAKE UP CALL TIME IS NOW.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join