It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Keep Posting Religion on a Conspiracy Site?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Some of the congenitally blind are said to dream visual images, others don't, so you cannot prove something that doesn't exist in their world to them. You can only infer that it exists.

We have Isaac Newtons private letters to his brother that certainly show he did believe in God but he suspected Rome had altered text as far as trinity is concerned so his belief in God is without question but he wouldn't openly discuss his concerns about trinity for obvious reasons.

Since you are so logically gifted go develop a cold fusion reactor for us.That should be more rewarding for you than picking on us delusional numskulls!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You tell me then why the atheists had to erect their own monument next to the Ten Commandments ? Do you consider it proselytizing?

www.washingtonpost.com... 8c53d62b_story.html

Then we also have to consider what is the definition of religion.

www.thenewamerican.com...

edit on 12-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Religion is not mathematical that can be reduced to a mathematically formula so what proof could he or anyone provide you? Many cultures even today pay homage to the spiritual world so if you wanted to see proof yourself then it may be possible but generally you have to jump into the water to experience its wetness.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
OP claims to be searching for truth, while simultaneously telling people who may poses the truth to shut up.

Good one.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Grimpach of course you are free to use whatever freaking greeting you want.

No need to feel bad for me. I'm just observing how petty atheists can be.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Some of these things are already in lesson plans. Somehow it changed from eliminating religion to just eliminating one....wanna tell me how that evolved?

So how do you feel about it?

Atheists couldn't get the Ten Commandments removed from a courthouse lawn so they put up their own monument to atheism... www.washingtonpost.com... 8c53d62b_story.html

i really don't understand that decision either. but it was made by someone in our government to raise awareness. i'm willing to bet that whoever it was in our government was statistically more likely to be a christian. i 'kind of' understand why that was being done though. i understand that most Americans probably don't know enough about what it is to even teach their kids about it. therfor, most people have a really poor image of who muslims are and what they believe. every one in America already knows about christianity in at least one of it's tens of thousands of va

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You tell me then why the atheists had to erect their own monument next to the Ten Commandments ? Do you consider it proselytizing?

www.washingtonpost.com... 8c53d62b_story.html

Then we also have to consider what is the definition of religion.

www.thenewamerican.com...

Again I will ask why did the ten commandments have to be there in the first place? As I said before with all the "tax free" land owned by religions in this country you would would think they could find some place to put their things.

The hissy fit I continually see when other monuments are placed next to religious ones would make one think they are afraid of others thoughts.

Anyway I originally asked why do you feel the need to place such things on public land. Do you have a good reason or at least a good reason in your opinion?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Woodcarver

Some of the congenitally blind are said to dream visual images, others don't, so you cannot prove something that doesn't exist in their world to them. You can only infer that it exists.

We have Isaac Newtons private letters to his brother that certainly show he did believe in God but he suspected Rome had altered text as far as trinity is concerned so his belief in God is without question but he wouldn't openly discuss his concerns about trinity for obvious reasons.

Since you are so logically gifted go develop a cold fusion reactor for us.That should be more rewarding for you than picking on us delusional numskulls!
Eyesight does exist. i could ask him to hold up some fingers and i could tell him how many he is holding up.

he didn't believe in the trinity because he didn't think jesus was a god.

cold fusion is a fairy tale. it is like saying "ice fire"

I like picking on you. Besides, i believe education is the best way to improve this world. there are a lot of uneducated people on these boards who don't understand that there is a way to real truth. it's called science, and it's open to everyone and logically apparent in it's usefulness as soon as you start using it. It is provable and perfect when applied properly. When not applied properly it is as dangerous as religion.

edit on 12-10-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

We don't, thank god.

Who wants to be part of someone else's equation? Just say know.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Let me tell you what is petty.

When someone claims there has been an effort to change some holiday greeting away from their religion when that is plain wrong. The greeting is still intact but people have chosen the one they like. I get tired of the whining from certain religious groups when things don't go their way and the whole war on Christmas montra is a farce.

If I am free to say what I wish and you are free to say what you wish then there is no issue except the issue of you falsely claiming there was one.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

edit on 12-10-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Well, they have the right.
Or shall we force people to talk about only the things we find acceptable?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Let me tell you what is petty.

When someone claims there has been an effort to change some holiday greeting away from their religion when that is plain wrong. The greeting is still intact but people have chosen the one they like. I get tired of the whining from certain religious groups when things don't go their way and the whole war on Christmas montra is a farce.

If I am free to say what I wish and you are free to say what you wish then there is no issue except the issue of you falsely claiming there was one.

I agree. The war on Christmas thing is a fabrication of right wing talk show hosts. I'm not a Christian (can you all tell?) and I've never once said something offensive to someone who wished me a Merry Christmas. On the other hand I have said and will continue to say offensive things to people who proselytize to me.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Religion is not mathematical that can be reduced to a mathematically formula so what proof could he or anyone provide you? Many cultures even today pay homage to the spiritual world so if you wanted to see proof yourself then it may be possible but generally you have to jump into the water to experience its wetness.

You completely miss the point. Repeating it will no doubt be a waste of time.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

You mean the response to the hissy fit of atheists demanding their voice to be heard? Ok if that's the context you want to put this in.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Actually I was talking about your hissy fit going on about holiday greetings like your religion or freedom to practice your religion was under attack all because people don't care to say your montras.

Atheists do wish to be treated equally so they can have their voice heard. You seem threatened by that.

I see you haven't even tried to explain why religionists feel the need to put their monuments on public lands. You seem to be avoiding that question. I don't blame you for avoiding it because if you answered truthfully it would show how pitiful the reasoning is.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
About time someone said it,thanx op

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Why were the Ten Commandments placed not only in the Supreme Court Building but other courthouses? You might have to ask the people who knew that our Founding Fathers thought it was important.

The first Seal of the United States, designed by Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson by a Resolution of Congress, shows Moses, stretching his hand over the Red Sea, causing it to overwhelm Pharaoh. Above is the pillar of fire and the cloud, expressive of Divine presence and command. Motto: Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.

www.christianheritagemins.org...

This website also serves to document how intensively the ACLU and other secularist factions have tried to remove these elements.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Actually I was talking about your hissy fit going on about holiday greetings like your religion or freedom to practice your religion was under attack all because people don't care to say your montras.

Atheists do wish to be treated equally so they can have their voice heard. You seem threatened by that.

I see you haven't even tried to explain why religionists feel the need to put their monuments on public lands. You seem to be avoiding that question. I don't blame you for avoiding it because if you answered truthfully it would show how pitiful the reasoning is.

I think a lack of integrity explains the lack of response to your direct and reasonable question.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Still not going to answer my question huh.

So you cannot or will not come up with a good reason why religionists feel the need to adorn public land with their religious monuments.

You do know slavery was legal back when the country was founded don't you? If your argument is that because something was acceptable in the past so it should be acceptable now then you better pause and think on that for a while.

Also there are 40 signatures on the constitution which contains the establishment clause if you wish to know what was on the founding fathers minds I suggest reading it.

I know many monuments and buildings were erected with the founding of the country and such things that went with them were not debated as much as the constitution was. While a few of the founding fathers allowed some personal preferences into such things I am sure that if they were alive today they would believe adherence to the constitution and the things set forth in it were and are more important than what adorned the buildings.
edit on 12-10-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join