It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh the irony!! Animated TV spy agency on "Archer" drops ISIS name and joins CIA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
www.thedailybeast.com...

I figured this was coming but I didn't expect the irony... are the show's creators letting people know their personal opinion?

"Archer" is an animated show about a privatized spy agency called "ISIS" whose agents carry out covert operations for cash. It's a comedy show and the main character is a narcissistic womanizer who uses his James Bond-esque lifestyle to pick up women and live a lavish lifestyle while consuming copious amounts of alcohol.

Thanks to recent events, the show will be dropping the ISIS name from the agency and they will now be under the control of the CIA! Considering the nature of the real-life terror group, I find this especially ironic.
edit on 10/11/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
" Oh the irony!! Animated TV spy agency on "Archer" drops ISIS name and joins CIA! "

Ironic for sure

But possibly close to the truth?

They often hide "Truth" disguised as "Fiction".

All part of the controlled opposition game plan.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It just shows that they are not stoopid. In any case, narcissism as you say can be privateers as well as Gub'ment, they tend to, Ahem...come from and too the same sources. In fact I don't even figure why they dropped the original name, you can allow for collective narcissism..yeah! maybe they could have changed to the acronym CN though.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Well considering a building company called Isis, and a young girl named Isis got death threats from morons who think they're islamist extremists, I can understand why the producers of archer would do this.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What truth are you trying to suggest?

That ISIS is cia?

If so, that's well and truly debunked, sorry.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

That ISIS is cia?

CIA is also an acronym, in any case, guess what? ISIS is now IS...they too have had a brand name change. They shudda called themselves, NOT-MADE-FROM-WHEAT-MADE-FROM-OATS-INSTEAD-ABIX, instead.

edit on 11-10-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

They've had several name changes, even before ISIS.

Perhaps they should call themselves bieber next, it's win/win then.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

That ISIS is cia?

Link please. I hope you are a beacon of light in the darkness.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

They've had several name changes, even before ISIS.

Correct!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

That ISIS is cia?

Debunked by whom?

I've believed from the beginning that ISIS/Al Qaeda are CIA-funded scapegoats used to manipulate public opinion and destabilize the Middle East.

Do terrorists hate the US for interfering with Middle Eastern power struggles? Yes... but there have been way too many coincidences for my liking.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My friend's still gonna proudly wear his shirt, otherwise the terrorists win!

Too bad the show has been going downhill since Vice.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
My friend's still gonna proudly wear his shirt, otherwise the terrorists win!

Too bad the show has been going downhill since Vice.

Agreed. They jumped the shark last season.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Idk the last few about the dictator and the us gov running weapons and drugs wasn't bad imo.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

I agree with AlphaHawk, change their name to Beiber the whole world will join together in perfect harmony to destroy a common enemy.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Old news. This all happened at the end of Season 5, almost a year ago. Kreiger Clones!

[ETA: Actually just read OP. Dammit.]

I do remember when (the real) ISIS was first shoved down our throats by the media, I thought to myself, "Wait, did real life just turn into Archer? Sweet."

“We were waiting for it to go away—at least I was,” creator Adam Reed said. “Back in Season 5, FX said, ‘This might be a thing,’ and I thought, ‘Maybe it won’t be? Maybe it’ll be the mole that I’m gonna ignore and nothing will happen.’ We got sort of lucky and could organically make a merger with the CIA, so we went back and retroactively painted out the ISIS logos in parts of the show, and we just don’t talk about it in dialogue.”

To explain the sudden shift, Reed added in a small scene in which spymaster Malory Archer explains to her asshole son Sterling that ISIS has been taken over by the CIA, while two workers quietly wheel out the ISIS logo in the background. “In our universe, they don’t exist,” executive producer Matt Thompson said, explaining why they didn’t directly address the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. (Also, the show is ostensibly set in the late 60′s, early 70′s, or some time that is not actually discernible.)

Source

Dammit Lana, you're letting the terrorists win. Now, If you'll excuse me there's scotch to drink and I gotta catch a flight to Whore Island.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
They were in the "DANGER ZONE" !! Ahh now the real ISIS needs to pay! How dare they mess with Archer? We need to send that bionic guy to teach em a lesson!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Speak abput Irony, you know there is a private US international security and intelligence company called ISIs?

ISIS provides worldwide security, intelligence, technology and training to government and private enterprises. ... as the most highly regarded government contractors in the aerospace, defense, information technology, and security industries.

ISIS HQ

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
Speak abput Irony, you know there is a private US international security and intelligence company called ISIs?

ISIS provides worldwide security, intelligence, technology and training to government and private enterprises. ... as the most highly regarded government contractors in the aerospace, defense, information technology, and security industries.

ISIS HQ

There is irony everywhere, and anyway they had a makeover, got themselves new black gear, a logo, dress their prisoners in orange and a backdrop of the desert, pose for pictures imitating a current Turkish TV drama, steal everything off innocent people who will hate them for the rest of their lives, (that's if they even allow innocent people to live) they routinely kill Sunni's men, women and children, Muslim's in general and they call themselves Islamic State... FFS, how ironic is that. They haven't a hope of succeeding with Wahabi..ism, that's probably because they are not really interested. They'll all have their pensions by now, just like the terror mobs here got theirs, millions 'stolen' from the Northern Bank. You get sick of all this crap, the same scenario repeated over and over again for vested interests, only the locations differ.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Y'know, I can easily picture one of Mallory's petty schemes resulting in something like our real (?) ISIS.

top topics

join