It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Symphony of Particle Smashing, as Performed by CERN Scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

What an amazing group of people. There are truly some great minds out there and I can only hope more of them pick up an instrument. The accompanying animation they play alongside the music is pretty cool too.

A new experimental composition from the underground particle smashers at CERN sonifies data gathered over a two-year stretch at the Large Hadron Collider, specifically the ALICE, ATLAS, CMS, and LHCb detectors.

I really enjoyed this and thought others would too. I love when they can convert raw date into sound and make somthing as simple and beauftiful as this. Might not be everyones cup of tea but I really liked it.

There's harp, violin, clarinet, piano, five, guitar, and flute switching at various collision points along the 12-minute piece, with everything coming together around the 10-minute mark. It's quite pleasant, really.

At 10 minutes, I closed my eyes and pictured the instruments around me. As cymbals crashed in my head, new galaxies were being born and I kept a beat by placing a hand over my heart.

The Symphony of Particle Smashing

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Star & flag to you for this marvelous find. The music of the spheres; the subatomic spheres that is!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I saw you and your thread on another thread, and am so glad I found this. Star and flag to you bringing such light to a sometimes very dark place. We can only hope such as this is being achieved, or will be one day:

As cymbals crashed in my head, new galaxies were being born and I kept a beat by placing a hand over my heart.
And that the possibilities of positivity over the darkness in this one will bear fruit.

new topics

join