It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice please Xbox 360 v PS3

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My boy 7 years old has asked for Xbox 360 for xmas but I have been told PS3 has easier controls. He mainly wants it for Minecraft and more importantly to make videos like Stamprylongnose but I thought there was Minecraft for PS3. Advice as to which is best for his age appreciated.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
They are both more or less the same , same games. personally i like the playstation

ETA If most of his friends have xbox u might want to consider it as so they can play online together
edit on 11/10/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How about a bicycle or a model rocket, maybe go fly a kite or build a model ship or car? Try fishing, walking, running or just real life?
i grew up with video games and quit them years ago cause they go to violent.
edit on 10/11/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

They both have Minecraft but Microsoft just bought out the franchise so it's supported a bit better on Xbox (more content and stuff so far). And since he's young, it's likely his friends mostly have Xbox.

PS3 is the better system, in my opinion, but Xbox is played more by his age-range, especially for shooters. Look at the exclusive games for each system and if he's totally digging a few that are only one one console or the other, that may sway you, as well.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
How about a bicycle or a model rocket, maybe go fly a kite or build a model ship or car? Try fishing, walking, running or just real life?

The real-life equivalent for Minecraft is Legos and that costs a small fortune. I let my daughter play Minecraft simply because buying the amount of Legos to spawn that sort of creativity would cost about a million bucks.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I wouldn't start him on cigarettes or alcohol at that age either. If you want to teach him to be addicted or are just to bored to be a dad then go ahead. You'll both regret it later.

Flame on.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

The real-life equivalent for Minecraft is Legos and that costs a small fortune. I let my daughter play Minecraft simply because buying the amount of Legos to spawn that sort of creativity would cost about a million bucks.

My only advice is getting her into something free, natural and real. it's cheaper than even lego's. Otherwise she is doomed to a fantasy world that has been recently plaguing humanity for the past 20-30 years.
edit on 10/11/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i,m surprised your asking about ps3 or xbox 360 considering the new consoles don,t cost much more,i,ve read up on ps4 and xbox one and the consensus is if your looking at a console for just pure gaming then the ps4 is the one to go for.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If he wants an xbox get him an xbox or there will be HELL to pay!

But if you can live with a childs sad face you should know you have to pay a subscription to play xbox live (online multiplayer) with your friends, you can pay it monthly, yearly, it not too expensive but I cant remember the exact price. PS3 doesn't have that problem I believe.
edit on 11-10-2014 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Xbox 360 has a built in hard drive, so you can burn CDs to it. I got over 300 on it and use it as a stereo too. PS3 is a blue ray player but you can't burn CDs to the hard drive. The DVDs look better on a PS3 cause it's a blue ray player. Tell your 7 year old not to get fingerprints on the discs cause too many will damage game. There are a ton of video games for both systems of last generation.

I got a PS4 , I hate Microsoft. I have been playing Playstation since PS1. At E3 Microsoft said that you couldn't buy used games and would need a code for new games couldn't share with friends for Xbox One. They are all about money. They lost E3 and lots of fans , sold half of what Sony did with PS4 . Also if your son wants to play online games with Xbox 360 it's 59.95 a year with PS3 it's free. They are still going to be selling cards for last gen till 2016. Microsoft is all about money.

Does your son like FPS , First Person Shooters like Halo. PS3 has about a bunch of Ratchet and Clank games for younger audiences and good for older kids. They are exclusives so not for Xbox 360. Also God of War, the Last of Us, Infamous, Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls and others. Most aren't for little kids. Xbox 360 has Halo as an exclusive.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Xbox 360 = has party chat so talking with friends and gaming is a good choice (it's what really won the console wars)
Ps3 = has no party chat, is more of a solo gamer machine, unless you talk with people ingame.

Now for Ps4, best console by far. but has little to no games and and ain't backwards compatible.
Xbox One ain't as good and for the price, ain't backwards compat & you get less on-line each month xbox live gold vs play stations PSN+

any of them are good. but if money is a object, then xbox 360. if not than Ps4 just for future proof.

As long as you age restrict the console when you make a account you should be ok.
edit on 11-10-2014 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Reply to intrptr

Well if you will make yourself an easy target!

Gaming has its advantages too.

Link to article of benefits

Like everything in life moderation is key, owning an Xbox hasn't hurt my son, if anything it has improved him, especailly when I withdraw the privillage of playing it for poor behaviour.

Moreover, he isn't addicted, I'm sure many who own them aren't too.

If OP is anything like me, he'll b playing it more than his son...I do.

OP, go for Xbox, like the poster above said you can chat to friends, plus it is going to become the only platform worth playing Minecraft on.

edit on 11-10-2014 by solargeddon because: Quote/reply to not functioning

edit on 11-10-2014 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I am 30 years old, not a 7 year old little kid. I have been a gamer all my life. Just remind your kid to be careful with the discs, I bought a used Lego Batman from GameStop and the game was damaged by some little kid who owned it first , it wouldn't let me play till the end of the game. It kept messing up. Xbox 360 is good, I have one myself with a PS3 the systems are basically the same except for some games and you gotta pay for online with xbox 360.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Hes 7 years old! I sure hope hes not going to be playing God of War, Heavy Rain, etc.. Call me and my morals old fashioned though.
edit on 11-10-2014 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

Well if you will make yourself an easy target!

Gaming has its advantages too.

Quick reflexes can be gained by riding bikes, running or any actual physical behavior. Of course if I was writing an add for gaming, i wouldn't think there was anything wrong with it either.

Or organized sports, religion, wars, banks, politicians, etc.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Get a joystick that works with your computer and you will now own an XBox.(don't forget a steam account)

I have PS1-4 and the XBox. PS3 gets used 85% of the time but I'm hoping more PS4 games will start to change that soon.
My kids tend to only use the XBox for dance and Kinect related stuff. Let it be known if you are a hardcore gamer Kinect will end up in the street in front of your house soon after you use it.

Add: Some video games have a high moral standard as in ACreed series, if you kill innocent people the game stops. Also every kid should play Shadow of Colossus, my 7 year old daughter can beat the game, which is hard and it's an minimalist artistic fairytale masterpiece. PS has so many good titles inexpensive, old and new. SOC & ICO cost me $10.
edit on 10/11/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

He probably wants an X-Box because thats what all his friends play.

I am not sure if you still have to pay monthly for the X-box 360 live online component, but the ps3 you can still play online for free. In all just ask him why he wants it. And it really does not matter because pretty much all games besides a few exclusive are on both consoles including mine-craft, most of which you can pick up pretty cheap some for $10 bucks, or even cheaper, the PS3 however does use a bluray disk so you can get used games for $5 dollars or less and you would not have to worry about them not working, because you can really scratch those blue rays disks up and they still will play.

But in all like I said he probably wants it because all his friends have a X-Box, he probably would want to play with them or be in the same group, its a thing kids do.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
If all his friends play Xbox 360 I would imagine a lot of them will be getting a Xbox one for Christmas. Just something to consider.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Dont make assumptions. I find people are very quick these days to read something else into things that dont exist. I was asking a question I didnt need feedback about things I could be doing with my child but for your information my child plays dodge ball on Mondays, he has been able to ride a bike since 4 years old and he had new bike last xmas he usually goes to park with me on Tuesdays and we go into peak district at weekends with bike, Wednesdays he goes swimming just got his 400m although only just 7 because he has always gone swimming since being baby, Thursdays hecgoes to marshall artsm Friday he goes to Cubs where he takes part in camåing weekends eyc. Im very strict with computer game. He hates anything violent and goes on creative mode on minecraft and uses it almost like lego and has created some great things. He has lots of things like kites which we will be taking with us to beach in Wales next week. I think seeing as he is such a outdoors type its fine for him to chill for half an hour here and there doing something else for pleasure. He doesnt keep in his bedroom and doesnt have tv in bedroom cos I insist it stays in living room where we can go on mindcraft together.a reply to: proob4

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Exactly Ive just replied to person suggesting bike this isnt insteas of those things. David doesnt touch his lego since finding minecraft and he uses it for building so uses it for creatinga reply to: Cuervo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join