It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Miss Amy and Rory ... and #12 isn't doing it !!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
Oh crap! That's just awful. They nearly killed the series with #12. #13 will destroy it. I'll just have to pretend that #12 died on that Christmas planet and that was the end. I'm already nearing a state of denial over #12 .... ARGH!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

To me I think it would be interesting. It would open up all sorts of different story lines and ideas.

But then I'm a long time Doctor Who fan so I'm used to the Doctor having many faces and personalities, along with all the different companions.

Changing the Master to a woman was brilliant in my opinion. Hell hath no fury, etc, etc. Heh.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I actually like Capaldi in the role, though I am one of the few who loved Eccleston in it. Capaldi's portrayal shows more of a man out of time and yet timeless. The age, pain, loss, inevitable coldness... He makes sense as a Timelord. His non-sexual love for Clara and her glaring resentment of it is very poetic and, as the father of a teenage daughter, quite honest. She respects him and loathes him all at once - but turns to him over and over again in spite of it all.

They've toyed around with how many incarnations a Doctor can have - but never said that they had to come in order. In that way I think that Capaldi is one of the latter or last incarnations - even if not in our perception of time. He's tired and broken. And that makes his portrayal brilliant. He's the PTSD Doctor who has seen too much to ever go home again.

If the BBC has brilliant writers, the next Doctor will be an earlier incarnation - maybe even the original... all that lost innocence found again.

To be clear, I am suggesting that the Doctors incarnations aren't necessarily linear in our timeline.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I really liked Eccleston. I thought he did an excellent job playing the Doctor. It was a shame when he left the show.

I think out of all the doctors, the only one I didn't really like was Colin Baker. But to be fair to him, it wasn't his acting or his version of the Doctor. It was his outfit.

It was just TOO distracting to me, hehehe.

Capaldi's Doctor reminds me of a grumpy version of #1 and #3 (William Hartnell and Jon Pertwee).

Don't know if they could do what you are suggesting. It would have a very large number of Doctor Who fans up in arms about that.

But then, they've always bent the rules ans worked around things (he's a time traveler, right?), 12 lives were all a Time Lord was suppose to have, so Matt Smith was technically suppose to be the last. But of course they found a way around that, and left it open ended now.

So they could do what you're suggesting.....even the Doctor said: Time...it's all timey whimey, wibbly, wobbly.....stuff.

hehehe.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Watching the Christmas episode. And Peter Capaldi is doing very well. Remarkable doctor in his own way.

A dream within a dream, simulation within a simulation. The show's premise is, we are dying, and we need to wake up.

Taking it past any literal or metaphoric scenario, the theme is, we should notice the odd disjointed and funny things around us, from fake santa's to bizarre behavior of leaders and wake up . We need to start to go within and wake up.

Its a very good show.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Actually an interesting part in the show, almost reminding me of evp's and the negative aspects of most, and the entire multi realmed or planed whole, where we see a sliver, and alot of it could be data streams where the possibilities are even there but not rendered....But they're told they're telepathic, but can't see you, unless you think of them and focus on them. Its what you think of and focus on. You can provide access by negatives both real entities and/or potential possibility ai data streams. What is real? The show was good.

And he kept flashing the masonic hand symbol and to me this means, pay attention. Real info is there. Opposite perhaps of what we often think of about that hand symbol. Its just that there seems to be a message in it. More obvious than other shows.

edit on 26-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join