It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

NC Republicans: Flying gay pride flag over city hall is just like something Hitler would have done

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:20 AM

originally posted by: SubTruth
Gay people deserve no more or less than anyone else.

Where exactly are they asking for more?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:13 AM

originally posted by: Restricted
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Don't be obtuse. It's a Special. Interest. Group.

Fine. Petition for equal rights. That doesn't mean you hang a flag on a statehouse.

Why not? All it is is a statement of equality and inclusion - got a massive problem with either of those two things, have you?

(post by alexball removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:02 AM

a reply to: olaru12

Gay people are starting to piss me off. Let me start off saying I am 100% for equal rights for every US citizen. That means they can marry and adopt and have every other right according to the constitution.

Why do they have a flag in the first place. Should the straight people make a flag also and fly it above a government building. Gay people are so filled with pride maybe they should try a little humility. You are not special, you do not deserve more rights than others.

Gay people like many others bought into the progressive mindset. You can see it in many ways including the I am special crap. And do not even get me started on the whole anti-bullying lie. Gay people deserve no more or less than anyone else.

Buckle up, it's about to get bumpy.

1.) I really don't care what pisses you off. Homophobes, bigots and season 3 of Supernatural piss me off. Let's all pass around the tissues and have ourselves a cry-fest.

2.) Second sentence is proved to be a lie, as evidenced by other statements made. Talk to Maury.

3.)Third sentence is good, only you don't actually believe that.

4.) Why does the LGBT community have a flag? Because we are a community. We have solidarity and an identity, or at least that's the idea. Why do churches have flags? Theme parks? Arizona? Let's abolish those, too, since "special" groups apparently can't have one without being questioned. You have to agree, or else you can kindly refrain from wondering about ours. And be GLAAD they only flew the one, we have quite a few more....

5.) Pride is not about the Community being "full of ourselves", it's about being able to walk openly without fear of oppression, of denigration, of being put down. It's about being treated equally. It's about being who we are without being afraid. And yes, it's about saying we're not going anywhere. Pride means different things to different people. We chose the rainbow as a primary symbol because all are welcomed under it - gay or straight, black or white, male or female. Hopefully one day you can get that.

6.) We're not asking for more rights than others, pal, we want the same rights as others. Surely that's not too hard to understand?

7.) "Progressive mindset"? I love it. I choose to call the opposition "regressive" because that's how it looks - Let's all move back to the 50's, where gays are in the closet, women are in kitchen and black folk don't dare speak to the White Savior. Please. Let's leave the 'progressive/regressive" trash in the dumpster where it belongs.

8.) EVERYONE is special. Deal with it.

9.) "Anti-bullying lie". This right here is where you lose the rest of your credibility. Since I'm assuming you're a straight white guy, let me clue you in to a few things. Like what the CDC has to say on the subject. Here's another good one, although you will probably dismiss due to the name of the page. After all, bullying is a lie, right? No one puts down, belittles or threatens gay folk. Matthew Shepard would disagree. The LGBT folk who shared concentration camps with Jews, Roma and Christians would also disagree. The highschool kids hiding from jackasses yelling slur words would disagree. The Transperson murdered on a subway would disagree. The couple told they can't marry because they are women would disagree. The guys beaten outside of a bar because "queers are gross". would disagree. Shut the hell up about "bullying is a lie." Moving on, before I get angry.

10.) That's the whole point, bucky, We deserve what everyone else has. If I choose to be in a same-sex partnership, I want the exact same rights you have. And just like women had to struggle for it, people of color had to struggle for it, immigrants had to struggle for it, and Indigenous people had to struggle for it - and newsflash kiddiwinks, they still do - so does the LGBT community. Grow up, and realize that the sandbox is big enough for all of us to play in. Remember the ATS motto - deny ignorance.

Forgive me if I have offended.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:34 AM

Why do they have a flag in the first place.

Why does the US have a flag? Why does ANYONE have a flag?

Why do you care? LOL

Should the straight people make a flag also and fly it above a government building.

There IS a heterosexual flag. Black and white stripes. And if straight people suddenly receive rights that they didn't have before, I don't see a problem with flying that flag on a government building for one day.

You are not special, you do not deserve more rights than others.

Very true. Not sure why you think they're asking for "more rights than others"... They deserve THE SAME rights as others.

new topics

top topics
<< 6  7  8   >>