It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC Republicans: Flying gay pride flag over city hall is just like something Hitler would have done

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Isn't government corrupted enough with PAC's and special interest groups?

Equality isn't a special interest. Equal treatment under the law for citizens isn't a special interest, it's a Constitutional tenet.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Isn't government corrupted enough with PAC's and special interest groups?

Equality isn't a special interest. Equal treatment under the law for citizens isn't a special interest, it's a Constitutional tenet.

Gays are a special interest group. Just like religion or women or blacks.

How about we hang the ISIS flag there? How would you feel about that? Special. Interest. Group.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Gays are a special interest group. Just like religion or women or blacks.

True, but everyone belongs to one special interest group or another. What's your point? They exist BECAUSE of government. We have the right to petition the government. In this case, people (not just gay people) have petitioned the government to provide equal treatment under the law, as they are obligated to do.

How about we hang the ISIS flag there? How would you feel about that?

It depends on the reason. What possible reason could exist for a government organization to hang an ISIS flag on their building?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Don't be obtuse. It's a Special. Interest. Group.

Fine. Petition for equal rights. That doesn't mean you hang a flag on a statehouse.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
In this case, people (not just gay people) have petitioned the government to provide equal treatment under the law, as they are obligated to do.

Yes!

Nationally support for marriage equality is 50% or more.

If LGBT is only about 4% (or even10%) ---- they could not reach 50% in their own.

The majority of people in the USA support the Equality of Marriage for everyone.

For the first time, 50% or more of Americans in every region of the country support the freedom to marry. In the South, support is at 50% to 42% opposed; in the Midwest, support is at 66% to 28% opposed; in the West, support is at 59% to 32% opposed; and in the Northeast, support is at 68% to 26% opposed. www.freedomtomarry.org...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That doesn't mean you hang a flag on a statehouse.

But, it's OK to march on city hall carrying a Christian flag?

What? They expected the Christian flag to be put up instead?

The Rainbow flag has evolved from the Peace flag 1961 ---- and has evolved to represent Equality.

BTW --- this is what the colors mean. They apply to everyone.

edit on 15-10-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
D/P
edit on 15-10-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What part of "the government should remain neutral" don't you get?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Equality for all is neutral.

This is a civil rights equality issue.

What part of that don't you get?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

When you show a preference for a special interest group you are not neutral. That is not equality. It is preferential treatment.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

When you show a preference for a special interest group you are not neutral. That is not equality. It is preferential treatment.

It's not showing a preference for a special interest group.

It's representing a Civil Rights issue of Equality.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Don't be obtuse. It's a Special. Interest. Group.

So, you can't answer my question, so instead, you call me obtuse? I agree that gays are a special interest group, just like women, blacks, Christians and the NRA.

Fine. Petition for equal rights. That doesn't mean you hang a flag on a statehouse.

When those equal rights are gained, if they want to celebrate it, I don't see the problem.

Agreed! The government should remain neutral. By disallowing a group not to marry, they haven't been neutral. EQUALITY is neutral. And it's something to celebrate!

When you show a preference for a special interest group you are not neutral. That is not equality.

Gays aren't being shown preference, they're being shown equality. That IS equality. Flying the flag for a day is not preferential treatment, it's a celebration of their equal treatment! Gays are people, too!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I wonder how homosexuals would react if the city manager of Oklahoma City decided to hang a big Hobby Lobby banner on their City Hall building the day they won their case.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I wonder how homosexuals would react if the city manager of Oklahoma City decided to hang a big Hobby Lobby banner on their City Hall building the day they won their case.

Hobby Lobby doesn't represent everyone.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Hobby Lobby doesn't represent everyone.

Hobby Lobby only represents themselves.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Federal Judge Won't Put Alaska Marriages on Hold Judge Timothy Burgess denied the state's request to stay his pro-marriage equality ruling, but the state is now asking an appellate court to do so.

www.advocate.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Lifestyle is: do you prefer Chinese food or Mexican. Are you a morning person or a late riser. Do you prefer rock concerts or symphony.
Orientation is the body/brain chemicals etc that make you naturally homosexual or heterosexual. Or anywhere in between.

Really? You say this like you were talking from a text book. I lived near San Fran for 12 years and the "lifestyle" has many layers way past body/brain chemicals or Mexican/Chinese foods... hehe

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Lifestyle is: do you prefer Chinese food or Mexican. Are you a morning person or a late riser. Do you prefer rock concerts or symphony.
Orientation is the body/brain chemicals etc that make you naturally homosexual or heterosexual. Or anywhere in between.

Really? You say this like you were talking from a text book. I lived near San Fran for 12 years and the "lifestyle" has many layers way past body/brain chemicals or Mexican/Chinese foods... hehe

No textbook.

If you don't know the difference between lifestyle and orientation ----- your ignorance is showing.

Lived "near" San Francisco means what exactly? There are very conservative areas near and around that area.

Me? Born and Bred in the Los Angeles area. Kind of between Long Beach and West Hollywood.

Worked for 5 years at a small company that I was the minority being straight. Very interesting discussions around the water cooler.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Why would a company be allowed to do that?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Gay people are starting to piss me off. Let me start off saying I am 100% for equal rights for every US citizen. That means they can marry and adopt and have every other right according to the constitution.

Why do they have a flag in the first place. Should the straight people make a flag also and fly it above a government building. Gay people are so filled with pride maybe they should try a little humility. You are not special, you do not deserve more rights than others.

Gay people like many others bought into the progressive mindset. You can see it in many ways including the I am special crap. And do not even get me started on the whole anti-bullying lie. Gay people deserve no more or less than anyone else.
edit on 16-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join