It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC Republicans: Flying gay pride flag over city hall is just like something Hitler would have done

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: Xtrozero

I would certainly agree with that, to an extent.

The narrative is still controlled at its source though, so the reaction (rejection or acceptance) and its manifestation in society can be predicted and guided within acceptable parameters.

So this comes down to why do we flag every minute example of anti-gay extremist, I'm sure all the other extremist are lonely and feeling left out... hehe

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: olaru12

Since the Religious right wing took over the GOP and their attitudes that gay folks are an abomination against GOD.
They now have made hating homosexuals a political battle cry to try and hopefully win converts to the extremist cause.
You didn't notice? It's all over ATS...

Only the very extreme "hate" homosexuals, the vast majority of who you talk about just disagree with their lifestyle, is that wrong?

Do you agree with ALL lifestyles?

I'm not even religious and I do not agree with ALL lifestyles...

I'm not one to judge anyone or the way they chose to live. I'm no angel! I learned a long time ago that my life is much less complicated when I mind my own business. I do however have opinions and express them but I don't go out of my way to antagonize a group of people with a holier than thou line of BS like the Rush Limbaugh style of right wingism.
edit on 15-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

The transition to a new mechanism is already happening.

As in what?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Only the very extreme "hate" homosexuals, the vast majority of who you talk about just disagree with their lifestyle, is that wrong?

Do you agree with ALL lifestyles?

Lifestyle is: do you prefer Chinese food or Mexican. Are you a morning person or a late riser. Do you prefer rock concerts or symphony.

Orientation is the body/brain chemicals etc that make you naturally homosexual or heterosexual. Or anywhere in between.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

So this comes down to why do we flag every minute example of anti-gay extremist, I'm sure all the other extremist are lonely and feeling left out... hehe

Here's the deal. The right wing by taking on a crusade against gays forgets that those gay people have families, friends and other supporters that will be completely turned off by the politics of hate. imo it's as stupid a strategy as trying to win supporters by hating Mexicans!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

...and I still don't care about your agenda.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kesallen

There's no alpha males that are gay in the wild.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: Gryphon66

...and I still don't care about your agenda.

Some people just don't care about Equal Rights.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't think it's appropriate. Government shouldn't endorse specific causes.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Macho, Macho, Macho Man!

Couldn't resist.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

Like Civil Rights?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I'm not one to judge anyone or the way they chose to live. I'm no angel! I learned a long time ago that my life is much less complicated when I mind my own business. I do however have opinions and express them but I don't go out of my way to antagonize a group of people with a holier than thou line of BS like the Rush Limbaugh style of right wingism.

Ok one guy... I would not fret over one guy and those who decide to follow. Do you speak the same for the extreme left wings too?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Lol not sure what that even means....

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Here's the deal. The right wing by taking on a crusade against gays forgets that those gay people have families, friends and other supporters that will be completely turned off by the politics of hate. imo it's as stupid a strategy as trying to win supporters by hating Mexicans!

SOOoooo, Everyone that leans right is this... rather wide brush you use.... I dislike that illegals that are in our country, I do not dislike Americans.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Its determined by 'natural' emergence and reliability of reaction. It must also encourage zealotry, which is not specific to religion.

Identifying them too directly is difficult, apologies for that. I would say it should become obvious, but that would be disingenuous. It takes multiple fields of control matrices to achieve desirable results though, mainly due to communication technology. That is critical. Much was learned from the mistakes made with religion, specifically putting all of the eggs in one basket. Its all much more diversified and cohesive now.

As much as I disagree with the methods, I can't argue with the results. There is a good chance such things are in play on this very topic..

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I dislike that illegals that are in our country, I do not dislike Americans.

Here's my issue with the illegal fanatics. Not all illegals are brown skinned. Many birth Americans are. We have 2 expansive ocean borders and a northern border. I live on the southern border. I know how much has been done to secure it. I also know many Chinese are coming across the southern border. People flapping their gums just to hear the sound of them are annoying

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

SO???

Who do you think cares about yours?

The simplistic, asinine, backwardness of anyone who thinks they have a right to diminish the lives of others is in the process of dying out.

Enjoy your quaint, antique superstitions; the human race is moving on.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

IO guess you didn't check my links ....or you just don't like lions
. Also, humans are pretty freakin' Alpha, and if the US isn
t 'the wild", brother, I don't know what is. PS...methinks thou dost protest too much.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
A decade ago the ten commandments hung on the wall at the courthouse, the libs got offended and demanded its removal.

Liberals weren't "offended"... Coupling a permanent religious symbol with a state building implies state establishment of that religion over others. It's anti-Constitutional. Showing favoritism to one religion BY THE STATE violates the first amendment. If ALL religions had a symbol there, it would be fine.

But, I'm offended the gay flag is flying over a government building, I feel like it shows favoritism.

It was for ONE DAY. And the flag stands for EQUALITY, not favoritism for one over the other. In fact, it symbolized the abolition of showing favoritism of straights over gays.

If you're offended, get over it. If equality violated the Constitution, then you might have a case.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Restricted

Like Civil Rights?

Then you won't mind a Nazi flag or a Confederate flag.

Civil rights? You mean a special interest group? Isn't government corrupted enough with PAC's and special interest groups?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join