It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC Republicans: Flying gay pride flag over city hall is just like something Hitler would have done

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
"...Hitler might have done...?"
but he didn't>
so, that's the end of it right there

(no offence, just sayin)

as to the discrimination against gays...that's just flavour of the month...
next it will Witches, or native americans...or Obamites....veterans...gun owners...internet users....

edit on Tuepm10b201410America/Chicago48 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

or clowns...you can't EVER forget clowns..

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones

next it will Witches, or native americans...or Obamites....veterans...gun owners...internet users....

I am curious what's next.

Probably all out war on atheists.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Wis. to Recognize Same-Sex Marriages From June
Now that marriage equality is the law of the land in Wisconsin, the couples who married in a brief window between court actions in June will have their unions recognized.

www.advocate.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Nah, there isn't thing left for them to fight that won't fight back. Poor widdle religious things - how can they hate and destroy when people won't let them? How mean of everyone not to let them continue their destructive behaviour.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomePeople

Nah, there isn't thing left for them to fight that won't fight back. Poor widdle religious things - how can they hate and destroy when people won't let them? How mean of everyone not to let them continue their destructive behaviour.

It's just kind of scary.

Religion is about control. They're gonna need something to focus on.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I think they might just turn on each other. Fingers crossed!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
A decade ago the ten commandments hung on the wall at the courthouse, the libs got offended and demanded its removal.

I'm one to believe if something offends you, then get over it and don't cry about it.

But, I'm offended the gay flag is flying over a government building, I feel like it shows favoritism.

Does this not matter, because I'm a white Christian American? I just have to deal with it, unlike you liberals when the situation is reversed.

It's hypocritical and hateful.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
A decade ago the ten commandments hung on the wall at the courthouse, the libs got offended and demanded its removal.

I'm one to believe if something offends you, then get over it and don't cry about it.

But, I'm offended the gay flag is flying over a government building, I feel like it shows favoritism.

Does this not matter, because I'm a white Christian American? I just have to deal with it, unlike you liberals when the situation is reversed.

It all boils down to the fact that they're flying it because they are fighting for equality.

Why are you offended? Do you think you are superior to someone who is homosexual? I'm pretty sure you're not.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

For quite awhile there it was Hispanics; but then the GOP decided they better not piss off minorities to much because they can decide an election...so they backed off and are now courting minorities, especially Black Americans. I don't think many Blacks will fall for their transparent pandering either.

But now this attack on gays won't do them any favors what so ever!!
edit on 14-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Equality involves everyone.

The 10 Commandments doesn't. It is specific to one religion.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
Cool, when will the white pride flag be flown? Black pride? Straight pride?

The 1920's, 1968, 1996.

So, do you think they were correct in their pride agenda? If not what makes gay pride any different?
edit on 14-10-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

We can give examples of extremist in all parties, why do we focus on extremist against gays....

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

Gay or straight are both behaviors, so should we make flags of ALL behaviors to give ALL behaviors equal voice, acceptance and approval no matter what anyone's beliefs are?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Religion is about control. They're gonna need something to focus on.

Religion is a tool for control. The people using this tool don't care which tool it is any more than a carpenter cares if he uses a saw or hammer. As long as it gets the job done, that's all that matters.

The transition to a new mechanism is already happening.
edit on 14-10-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

We can give examples of extremist in all parties, why do we focus on extremist against gays....

Since the Religious right wing took over the GOP and their attitudes that gay folks are an abomination against GOD.

They now have made hating homosexuals a political battle cry to try and hopefully win converts to the extremist cause.

You didn't notice? It's all over ATS...You might find this interesting...

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 14-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Religion is a tool for control. The people using this tool don't care which tool it is any more than a carpenter cares if he uses a saw or hammer. As long as it gets the job done, that's all that matters.

The transition to a new mechanism is already happening.

You speak in a very macro sense of religion, for most that live in a micro way of life dealing with religion and it is much simpler and friendly. With anything, we see control influence at some level, but I can tell you at a typical local church this is not the case.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Since the Religious right wing took over the GOP and their attitudes that gay folks are an abomination against GOD.
They now have made hating homosexuals a political battle cry to try and hopefully win converts to the extremist cause.
You didn't notice? It's all over ATS...

Only the very extreme "hate" homosexuals, the vast majority of who you talk about just disagree with their lifestyle, is that wrong?

Do you agree with ALL lifestyles?

I'm not even religious and I do not agree with ALL lifestyles...

edit on 14-10-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I would certainly agree with that, to an extent.

The narrative is still controlled at its source though, so the reaction (rejection or acceptance) and its manifestation in society can be predicted and guided within acceptable parameters.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

BTW screw all extremist, whether they are religious, atheist, ISIS, straight, gay or whatever.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join