It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC Republicans: Flying gay pride flag over city hall is just like something Hitler would have done

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
"Raw story" strikes again. Fake inflammatory headlines.
Raw Story is to the left, what Breitbart is to the right.

The republicans didn't have a problem with the gay pride flag. They had a problem with the democrats circumventing proper procedure in order to put the flag up.

They marched on city hall carrying a Christian flag, not an American flag.

Kind of moots their point about it being about proper procedure.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Don't let 4.6% dictate what the moral majority wants. I'm tired of hearing about their unnatural sexual preference. I don't tell them about mine. Oh I know why. Because it's natures way of populating the earth.

I doubt Randy would have appreciated your use of his tune to promote your bigotry. Too bad he's not around to say so.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

You just aren't very familiar with either how the Parliamentary legislative system works or with German history from the period, are you?

I wish I were surprised.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Don't let 4.6% dictate what the moral majority wants. I'm tired of hearing about their unnatural sexual preference. I don't tell them about mine. Oh I know why. Because it's natures way of populating the earth.

By "nature's way of populating the earth', you mean all the animals that engage in homosexual acts, right? Not talking simulation, here, I mean the real deal. Like here. Or here. Or even here.

As for your "4.6%" comment, would love to see your numbers on this.

Just my two ( annoyed) cents.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If you were even half as knowledgeable about German history as you're pretending to be, you would've referenced the national vote that took place after Hindenburg's death rather than the 1930 federal elections where the Nazis only picked up 95 of the 577 seats (which gave them a grand total of 107 and wasn't even half of what they needed for a majority rule).

At least that would've been a little bit closer to backing up Vagabond's claim... not close enough though. Saying he was elected is still disinformation.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kesallen

As for your "4.6%" comment, would love to see your numbers on this.

Equal Rights is a National issue.

What percentage is that?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Believe me, I know it's an equal rights issue - one I take d*** serious. I have this knee jerk reaction when people post percentages : proof. LostInAmerica made the claim...it's merely an attempt to marginalize us. Hence, my request for him to back up his claim.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

No 1930 is a perfect example of the point that the Nazis were ELECTED by the German people, because that election is what took them and Mr Hitler to world-wide notoriety. Do you think Hindenburg appointed Hitler Chancellor by choice?

And you call me naive.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kesallen
a reply to: Annee

Believe me, I know it's an equal rights issue - one I take d*** serious. I have this knee jerk reaction when people post percentages : proof. LostInAmerica made the claim...it's merely an attempt to marginalize us. Hence, my request for him to back up his claim.

That was really meant for the poster you are responding to.

I'm on your side

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

godwin's law actually kinda pisses me off, as it's existence gives people(usualy none-too-bright people) an easy out, when they want to ignore an entire conversation, even if the argument is completely valid, simply because they mentioned nazis...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

because society(at least in america) has gone completely insane. who cares if you're gay or not? people are people...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
because society(at least in america) has gone completely insane. who cares if you're gay or not? people are people...

Actually, they were flying the flag precisely BECAUSE people are people and that has been recognized and was being celebrated. They were not flying a flag because of sexual preference, but because people are being treated equally. That's something to celebrate!

Here's the picture Republicans included in their complaint:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I doubt Randy would have appreciated your use of his tune to promote your bigotry. Too bad he's not around to say so.

I had to laugh when I read that post. People call homosexuality unnatural and disgusting, yet a simple internet search will provide you with enough material to show that heterosexuals do some pretty unnatural and disgusting things as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

godwin's law actually kinda pisses me off, as it's existence gives people(usualy none-too-bright people) an easy out, when they want to ignore an entire conversation, even if the argument is completely valid, simply because they mentioned nazis...

Daedalus, haven't you noticed, many folks here are intent on merely repeating (ad infinitum at times it seems) their opinion or belief.

Folks aren't interested in facts, provable logic, or reasonable inference.

Perhaps decades of giving everyone on both teams a trophy has convinced everyone that their mere opinions are unassailable.

Not to mention, important.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Auricom
a reply to: Kesallen

Tell that to the white guy who's spit on for being proud of his European heritage...

Sure, just as soon as you show me the white guy who

1) Can't marry the person he loves because of being white, or
2) Has been put in jail or harassed by the police merely for being white, or
3) Was tied to a fence, then tortured and beaten for hours, and left to die alone, for being white, or
4) Is told by thousands of churches across this nation that he is going to hell for being white ...

... and I'll be glad to, poor thing.

Doesn't happen in this country, but The Gruesome Reality of Racist South Africa

In July of 2012, Dr. Gregory Stanton, head of the nonprofit group Genocide Watch, conducted a fact-finding mission in South Africa. He concluded that there is a coordinated campaign of genocide being conducted against white farmers, known as Boers. “The farm murders, we have become convinced, are not accidental,” Stanton contended. “It was very clear that the massacres were not common crimes,” he added — especially because of the absolute barbarity used against the victims. “We don’t know exactly who is planning them yet, but what we are calling for is an international investigation,” he added.

Just saying. Oh and for the record the Republicans in the OP are a bunch of idiots.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Here are the facts : the pink triangle.
Here is the claim : being more catholic than the pope.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Actually, they were flying the flag precisely BECAUSE people are people and that has been recognized and was being celebrated. They were not flying a flag because of sexual preference, but because people are being treated equally. That's something to celebrate!

right, but the fact that people are people is just common sense....it's much ado about nothing.

it's kinda like rewarding someone for NOT defecating on a public sidewalk....it's commonly accepted that doing that isn't acceptable....

Here's the picture Republicans included in their complaint:

and once again....what the f**k?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

lol, i've noticed that VERY often....especially here...i'll not go into any more detail...

if you want to talk about this particular subject, you know where the U2U button is.

but yeah, fact? reality? who needs all that, when you can remain blissfully ignorant, swimming in a sea of emotionally confused, knee-jerk reactions and opinions?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I had to laugh when I read that post. People call homosexuality unnatural and disgusting, yet a simple internet search will provide you with enough material to show that heterosexuals do some pretty unnatural and disgusting things as well.

You mean Fetishes are not the same as sexual orientation?

Shocking!!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good point. Racism exists everywhere and often has violent effects.

I will amend my comment:

Sure, just as soon as you show me the white guy in the United States who ...

[etc.]

Thanks for making me think and keeping me honest.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join