It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC Republicans: Flying gay pride flag over city hall is just like something Hitler would have done

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

A decision to fly a rainbow flag flag symbolizing gay pride over the Asheville, North Carolina city hall has drawn criticism two local GOP functionaries, comparing it to something that Adolph Hitler would have done.

According the Citizen-Times, Asheville Mayor Esther Manheimer said that she didn’t have a discussion with City Manager over flying the flag commemorating a decision by U.S. District Court Judge Max O. Cogburn Jr. striking down North Carolina’s ban on same-sex marriages on Friday.

This is the reason I love American politics. The hyperbole and extremism all wrapped up in patriotism, religion with a healthy dose of surrealism....it's a beautiful thing!!

My analysis it that the GOP has finally realized that the roe/wade decision is a done deal and now their new scapegoat is homosexuals. They don't want to alienate the Hispanics because they hope they can get them back in the Republican fold, so gay bashing is their new tactic. Might work!!

Deus Succurro nos totus...
edit on 11-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Gays would have been killed. But then, what would politicians know about history or much of anything else other than bribes and BSing.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sounds like the Republicans have forgotten history,

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well, Hitler was gay and all for gay marriage, so I don't see anything wrong with what they said.

lolz

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
There are Republican's in Asheville?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Cool, when will the white pride flag be flown? Black pride? Straight pride?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom
Response like this is why Pride is necessary....

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Well, Hitler was gay and all for gay marriage, so I don't see anything wrong with what they said.

lolz

A little short in the history department. Politician?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
From your source:

Mumpower and a handful of protestors appeared at city hall on Friday holding up a Christian flag.

As if Christianity is the opposite of inclusiveness, civil rights or homosexuality! LOL These people crack me up!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ah Republican logic and "critical thinking" at it again. Because right, Hitler an anti-gay and concentration camp sending dictator who believed very strongly in traditional gender roles would have done that...

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

A decision to fly a rainbow flag flag symbolizing gay pride over the Asheville, North Carolina city hall has drawn criticism two local GOP functionaries, comparing it to something that Adolph Hitler would have done.

According the Citizen-Times, Asheville Mayor Esther Manheimer said that she didn’t have a discussion with City Manager over flying the flag commemorating a decision by U.S. District Court Judge Max O. Cogburn Jr. striking down North Carolina’s ban on same-sex marriages on Friday.

This is the reason I love American politics. The hyperbole and extremism all wrapped up in patriotism, religion with a healthy dose of surrealism....it's a beautiful thing!!

My analysis it that the GOP has finally realized that the roe/wade decision is a done deal and now their new scapegoat is homosexuals. They don't want to alienate the Hispanics because they hope they can get them back in the Republican fold, so gay bashing is their new tactic. Might work!!

Deus Succurro nos totus...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Actually Hitler would have dressed people in knee high leather boots and made them dance stiff-legged through the streets for his viewing while he gave them that weird talk to the hand salute he used.
You're getting off light with just a flag - if homofacism were a real thing outside the minds of closeted republicans who secretly wish the government would force them to go back to their highschool gym class showers one last time, this would be Francisco Franco level stuff at best. But since homofacism isn't a real thing, it doesn't even rate that high - it's more like the bible story of the rainbow - just a nice reminder that the guy in charge doesn't plan to repeat the horrible crap he did to you not all that long ago. So in a way, I think the republicans just compared God to Hitler. (I don't believe that but while we're straining credulity in the name of emotional politics I just figured I'd go with the flow)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

“I am equating their methods with the Nazi movement,” Mumpower said. “They are indifferent to the rule of law and indifferent to the vote of the people. And that’s Adolph Hitler all over again in a different disguise.”

*facepalm*

"We don't like your ruling, so now I'm going to pull the Hitler-card and stomp my feet like a little baby"

I really wish people would actually research Hitler and the nazis before they tried to make silly comparisons.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
More libtard nonsense. No one said Hitler would've flown a gay pride flag, its the tactics used to make these things happen that they are comparing to the Nazis... and rightfully so.

Former City Councilman Carl Mumpower and former chairman of the Buncombe County GOP Chad Nesbitt, claim council violated state open meetings law by not holding vote during an official meeting in public, and compared it to the rise of Nazism.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Oh my sweet Jesus yes! Because a group historically attacked and vilified want equal rights is exactly what the Nazi Party did... smh.. more repubtard nonsense...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Actually, the Nazis were very open about their decisions and used the democratic process to their advantage by first manipulating the opinions of the people.

Hitler: Known for killing people......not for violating open meeting laws.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

Cool, when will the white pride flag be flown? Black pride? Straight pride?

The 1920's, 1968, 1996.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You do realize that Hitler was elected openly, based largely on bombastic fear-mongering politics that strongly resemble the Republican playbook of the last 13 years, right?

It kinda sounds like a minority (republicans) is demanding veto over the will of the people based on some obscure procedural technicality, which is exactly the kind of missing the point that the term libtard is traditionally used to attack.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The RawStory strikes again !!

Deeper analysis required.

Not seeing the quote for the flag/Hitler comparison.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I still don't understand how anyone can get so angry over such a pretty flag flying gracefully in the breeze....and God doesn't make mistakes so I fail to understand the counter-intuitive logic behind the whole "christian flag rebuttal". *sheesh!*

One Nation, Under God, INDIVISIBLE, with FREEDOM and JUSTICE for ALL"

(As long as it didn't fly over the American Flag there should be no legal issue, right?)

edit on 10/11/14 by GENERAL EYES because: whoops - accidentally forgot to close bold brackets - sorry about that - now amended.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Wow, send those guys back to high school history class. Homosexuals in NAZI Germany were given the same treatment as Jews and Communists had.

Just WOW!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join