It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant wife and hot dogs... everywhere!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
SO I am really frustrated. I made lunch today. It was a masterpiece until my pregnant wife had to input her cravings into my pan.

I made awesome scrambled egg burritos. They had chorizo, Serrano ham, manchego cheese, fresh cheese I had left in seasoning and spices over night, and cheddar cheese. I added just the right amount of milk to make the eggs extra fluffy. I put the exact amount of salt and pepper. I was cooking them and here comes my pregnant wife with her craving for cheapo hot dogs. She made me cut up a couple and toss them in.

While I am normally pretty tolerant of food and will eat bugs if that is what is called for, I had to bite by tongue. She loves freaking cheapo brand horse hoove and chicken gizzard hot dogs and puts them in EVERYTHING now. I can eat them sure. I prefer the better quality kosher ones, but she likes to think that saving on hot dogs is important so she gets the hot dogs she likes. I try to cook as much as possible now and avoid her pregnant person cooking where I can. LOL

I dont know if I can break it to her that she is a hot dog lady...lol

She is my great wife that is carrying my child but I want to scream. She RUINED my otherwise fantastic culinary masterpiece. She even insisted on corn tortillas, which are good too, but my recipe calls for flour tortillas.

I hate freaking hot dogs now! I cant stand the damn taste anymore!!

LOL

edit on 10 11 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

My wife had to have Chili Mac from Steak n' Shake and candied orange slices.

I feel for ya brother!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

OMG that cracked me up! Hahahaha! Looks like you'll have to cook her food separately.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

lol, when my missus was prego she made me go to a Chinese restaurant to get schnitzel parmigiana at 11pm. I told her that schnitzel parmigiana isn't Chinese food, but she informed me it was on the take away menu. So I go to the Chinese restaurant and order schnitzel parmigiana.

I waited for ages but my order still had not come out and then the Chef sticks his head out the door and told me they don't do schnitzel parmigiana because they are a Chinese restaurant. I told him that my wife is pregnant and schnitzel parmigiana is on their menu, he rolled his eyes and went back into the kitchen. Another half hour later I finally return home with Chinese schnitzel parmigiana to find my wife asleep. So I eat the schnitzel parmigiana myself and 13 years later I'm still in the dog house.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hot dogs? It's probably the salt. Pregnant people usually crave salty things. With hot dogs she gets the protein and the salt.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I guess we are all different and so are the cravings. I wanted a lot of nectarines and peppers not so much meat, greasy food made me feel disgusted lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Once upon a time, when I was cookin' our older kiddo, I had a hell of a craving in the middle of the night for a Drumstick cone. I mean, a really bad craving for it. We were getting into the swing of living without a car at the time, and the nearest 24 hour convenience store/gas station was oh...about a 30 minute walk away. I whined. A lot. I was told no. A LOT. While I was busying myself online gaming to take my mind off the ice cream cone I was climbing the walls over, my husband snuck out, walked all the way over & back, and presented me with a Drumstick buried in a little bag of ice. To this day, I still can't figure out if he felt bad, or if he didn't want to hear an "I need it!" repeat later on.

Let the masterpiece slide, just let it slide. We do appreciate when you go the extra mile when it comes to food compromises while pregnant

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Yeah she loves nectarines. The juicer is pumping out a constant flow of nectarine juice all day...She wont eat if she even smells grease or anything fried.

I have learned to not have bacon in the fridge. We love you guys...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hot dogs? She's poisoning that kid. Pig snout, pig testicles, and a s**tload of salt are the least of what's in those things.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Hot dogs? It's probably the salt. Pregnant people usually crave salty things. With hot dogs she gets the protein and the salt.

My last one our Family learned the phrase "Raised Glazed' recited daily...had to have fresh donuts a couple times a day. My husband would drive 30 mins to go get them.

Gained a ton with my son for that! Took a year to lose it all!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Watched the ex wife drink the brine from empty cans of vienna sausages when she was pregnant.

Only thing worse was heated juice from cans of tuna.
Hot tuna juice.

Urk.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Be thankful her cravings are cheap. I had a pregnant gal, not my kid, but I was prepared to help her raise it, living with me. All she wanted to eat was steak and salmon. It was expensive.
She ended up taking off with a sailor from New Zealand.
I hate to admit it, but I was glad to see her go.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

I have to laugh. I tried to tell her whats in them and she got very serious all of a sudden and was like "dont you dare you damn smart ass. I will never forgive you if you ruin this".

This is our second child so I know the deal. This like her last pregnancies cravings will pass. I will just chew and die a little when she cooks until its all over.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I just learned that I am apparently a pregnant woman.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Hey! Congrats! Either you are or you like hotdogs way too much. LOL

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Please come to my house and teach my husband to make those burritos! They sound ah-mazing!

I'm with you on the hot dogs. They are so gross, and terrible for you....though my husband would eat them for every meal if I wasn't the one cooking. Having been pregnant though, I can attest to the fact that the cravings are hard to resist. My second pregnancy I constantly wanted hard pretzels with parmesan cheese slices. Now the cheese, I love, but I despise hard pretzels. I absolutely had to have them though. Makes me cringe just thinking about it

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
i think my wife made it through her pregnancy by surviving off of strawberries and pickles.
i like both those things but she would have plates full with half of each. i dropped a lot of cash on strawberries over that 9 months

top topics

join