It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

f-22 not performing way planned.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
this aircraft has done many great things so far but a source from lockheed as well as tyndall afb and nellis afb say they are haveing millions of dollars in problems trying to get this darn thing to fire more than one missle at a time. every test fire has been very complicated as well as costly. maybe the military should think more about makeing sure the damn thing works before we send out men in the air with these 1 shot wonders.... the f-22 motto is 1st shot 1st look 1st kill.. let me be the first to say nft . cann this jet and build another b-52 lmfao nt all!

[edit on 8-12-2004 by astrocreep]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well there is another with an article attached about it taking on 5 F-15 simaltaneosly without the F-15's knowing where it was. Id say its working prety well.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Foreigners jealous of technical achievements they know their governments can never match and U.S. liberals that would rather appease than defend their own country are always posting this kind of 'information'.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
These portions of the IOT&E are complete:

AIM-9 air-to-air missile fired while the F/A-22 was maneuvering by rolling 60 degrees per second. No other program has tested firing a missile while accomplishing such aircraft maneuvers

All 52 missile tests required prior to IOT&E complete.

First JDAM seperation test complete.

Gun system tests successful.

Chaff and flare countermeasures are certified.

I will post details of the ACM excersizes later, I have to dig them up.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Foreigners jealous of technical achievements they know their governments can never match

We should let other countries underestimate the Raptor. Then when one of them drops 5 of their planes they wont know what hit them

By the way the Raptor has no stealth and only goes mach1

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Shadow
By the way the Raptor has no stealth and only goes mach1

Really! WOW, I though it was only sub-sonic, but MACH 1, AMAZING, now thats impressive!

But seriously, abemaca - Do you have any links to verify that?

All the kinks have been worked out over the past 2 decades, hence why the AF is putting it into full production.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think the Raptor is very capable but perhaps airforce spending is not needed so much since the US already has air dominance over any other country by a long way through sheer numbers and already has more advanced tech for the most part. Against the enemies the US has in it sights it may be better to increase funding to the army rather than buying extremely expensive jet fighters. The JSF sounds like it will be more cost effective and maybe a better all round aircraft because of this. If they plan to replace the F-16 with it then it must be decent at air to air although obviously not as good as the F-22.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by Trent]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Clearly the Raptor is a 150 million dollar POS that can't fire missles, has no stealth, can't supercruise, has no radar...In fact, the raptor isn't even real at all. It is a US propaganda machine that was fabricated to make stupid Americans like me think we actually have the best fighter in the world.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by abemaca
...but a source from lockheed as well as tyndall afb and nellis afb say they are haveing millions of dollars in problems trying to get this darn thing to fire more than one missle at a time. every test fire has been very complicated as well as costly....

This couldn't be an attempt at trolling for ATS points could it?
Well, if so here's my contribution for ya, (get Really Above Top Secret, it's got all kinds of secret info, well worth the 5000 points it costs)

In the mean time, how about further substantiating this information - if you are getting this from inside "sources" at Lockheed, Tyndale & Nellis AFB's then give us more information about what your "sources" had to say about this alledged problem.

If your "sources" didn't provide more details please contact them again - Or better yet give me a name and number at Nellis and I'll get the info from them because I'll be at Nellis in a couple of weeks.
(That is unless of course they conveniently don't want to be identified because of the extreme secret nature of their work - you know how those guys that build flying saucers out at Groom Lake are...)

Anyway, should there be any merit to what these "sources" say, then let me say this; any issue with a weapons release mechanism on the Raptor is a minor detail and can be worked out - and a change that costs a couple of million dollars on a multi-billion dollar project is pretty darn insignificant.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
let me telll you i have many sources that tell me if this pos gets a fkn scratch on it its down for 6 days minimum for painting and other details.. what a worthles pos
1 yeah watch it get hit by 1 bullets its over...the af spent way too much money in getting another fighter.. time to make another bomber not this jet...and the mech weapons release is not easy to fix you f$tard its costly and we have highschool kids fixing them...not brainiacs like yourselfves ret@rds

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
when are u going to be at nellis maybe we can hook up and sit on the couch and sip each other....umm i mean lattes

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
LOL

Sounds like some 16-year old with too much testosterone on the loose!

Your "source" wouldn't happen to be an airman first class assigned to wash these planes, would it? Or maybe the guy who cleans the port-a-potties out on the airfield?

[edit on 9-12-2004 by Pyros]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
LOL

Sounds like some 16-year old with too much testosterone on the loose!

Your "source" wouldn't happen to be an airman first class assigned to wash these planes, would it? Or maybe the guy who cleans the port-a-potties out on the airfield?

[edit on 9-12-2004 by Pyros]

bemaca - Who is or what does your "source" do? A stratch wouldn't do #.

Your just talkin #, you have provided nothing to back up your claims.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

...not brainiacs like yourselfves ret@rds

Please watch your language.
She, unlike you, does know something about military programs.

Anyway. I wouldnt worry about performance issues and other errors on the F/A-22. They've been planning and designing it for 20 years...

There are doubts, however, on whether the plane is useful. The F-35 JSF program is quite similar. Having ony one type of aircraft in service is much cheaper than two, almost identical ones.

Read this: Modern, but a total waste (F/A-22 Raptor)

[edit on 12-9-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well I'd say that the F-22 is pretty useful in anti-aircraft duties. Also I think it could have uses in the attack role but that will be dominated by the F-35. In interception the F-22 is much better thanks to factors like speed, missile capacity etc. The only reason I wouldn't want an air force made completly out of F-22s is price.

BTW intelgurl, would you mind telling what business you have at Nellis AFB, I'm not calling you a fraud or anything I'm just curious.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
certain people here are!! lol anyway i have very reilable sources..my last post with them was deleted go figure...you want my sources but some wiz deleted them..on is buddys dad works for lockheed..and another is a person working at nellis..want more then just ask..this is my opinion...for those of you who caint take it then dont reply thats is lmfao!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
im sure i dont know what im talking about lol

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

im sure i dont know what im talking about lol

After those last 2 posts I tend to agree with you.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join