It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Light in Illinois

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
~spooky, oooo~ It was probably just a side effect of the huhge storm last night, but around 7:30 my friend noticed a strange green glow in the sky. It looked like a thick, upside-down U trying to close up at the top. This was in Lombard, a Chicago suburb. I'm not going to say it was a UFO, it could have been a burning out light... But where was the lamp post? It was too high. I was thinking Bat Signal. Ne? It stood out quite well against the storm while behind a few clouds, bluring it. After a few minutes it slowly began to fade, not blow away or anything, so you could tell it was a light in the sky, not a cloud. Just wondering if anyone could have seen it, perhaps from a different angle or the one who set it up... I'm skeptical about it being anything otherworldly.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The Aurora was visible in parts of Oklahoma the past 2 days so thats probably what you saw.

Summary: Two solar coronal mass ejections CMEs swept past Earth on May 29th: one at 1215 UT (8:15 a.m. EDT) and another at 1900 UT (2:00 p.m. EDT). The impacts shook Earth's magnetic field and triggered more than 9 hours of severe geomagnetic storms. A third CME arrived at approximately 1600 UT (or noon EDT) on May 30th. Geomagnetic storms began again, but this time they were mild. All three CMEs were hurled into space by X-class explosions near giant sunspot 365.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Chances are it was probably related to the aurora or the tornados that went through there or it could be evil forces
the Illinois pick 3 lottery numbers lastnight were 666

new topics

join