It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EBOLA: This is the map you're looking for.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hello!

This was posted twice before but never got the traction it needed. Please take a look. I wanted a map that showed outbreaks and potential outbreaks but this map does one better. By clicking on the outbreak you can see all related articles that helped create the map (in summary format). You can also go back in time to see the disease as it develops. Not only Ebola but other diseases as well. This tool is super helpful discussing suspected cases and real cases with up to date information. Share this if you feel it will be a useful tool for us truth seekers.

THE MAP SITE

A crowdsourcing project called HealthMap managed to detect abnormal activity in the West African region long before scientists and health officials proclaimed an Ebola outbreak. Through data the project collected they found evidence of a “mystery hemorrhagic fever” which had been killing people in South East Guinea. It was not until a full 9 days later that the World Health Organisation (WHO) went public with information on the outbreak.

Article

- - - - - - - -

This thread
And this thread

Talked about this and did not get a good response. I hope this thread can get more info out there.

edit on 10 11 14 by KaDeCo because: Helpful if I linked the map's site eh?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
WELL, BY THE LOOKS OF THIS MAP, OUR GOOSE IS COOKED, HOPE NOT! PEACE ARJUNANDA a reply to: KaDeCo

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

That map how it is seen in here at ats is all diseases not just Ebola. There is in search option in health map where you can choose one disease from the dropdown list like Ebola and set the date "today" .

link   
Is that the same type of Ebola on the map here in America?

I'm not quite understanding what is going on. It seems I saw a similar map with the encentovirus D68 listed

link   
a reply to: arjunanda

You can tailor the map to show outbreaks, news stories, suspected cases, etc. This map can be customize from news today to outbreaks a month ago. Not only Ebola, but other infectious diseases. The pictures show suspected and real cases. It's an interesting map. Check it out.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It charts news about contagious diseases. I like it. It lets people know what's happening elsewhere.

Nice website.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
HealthMap is a great resource but you should only use it as a general overview of whats happening where.. the reason is that it collect from a range of media sources to determine where outbreaks are happening and this can sometimes give an indication of an outbreak where there is none. For example in Australia we have had no confirmed ebola and only just recently have had some suspected however for the last few months every so often i can an alert about ebola close to my area when i click on it i find that it not actually ebola in my area just a newspaper in my area reporting on ebola else where, so just keep that in mind if you use this and always read the articles they link to as its often relating to somewhere different to where the pin is located on the map. (you can set up an account and your location so that it emails you with outbreaks nearby, i use this for work so have pretty everything tick and am always getting alerts :s)

new topics

top topics

join